Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Thread Oct. 6

If Young can't go in the next series is there any shot at all that boeasch could be healed up enough to give it a try?

Fister with the win,
Valverde with the save,
I am smoking a Cuban Cigar to celebrate all this.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Valverde 9th inning,

f'n granderson 2 and 1, throw strikes Valverde, fastball inside corner called strike, shyt outside full count, fly to left and Raburn has it nonchalant style,

2 more outs,

f'n cano broken bat fly to Jackson,

1 more out,

f'n aroid fastball low and a strike call, splitter called strike two, fastball outside, fastball swings and misses,

TIGERS WIN 3 - 2,
WE ARE GOING TO THE <s>ALDS</s> ALCS,
VALVERDE SHUTS THE CROWD,
TIGERS BEAT THE YANKEES AT YANKEE STADIUM

Fixed that, but I can understand in the excitement ans all..

So happy right now.. My best friend is a Yankees fan and on his facebook has been rubbing it in and being obnoxious the whole series.

Go Tigers. Best part is that we have Verlander for 3 games next series!!!!!!

Go Jim Leyland.

tigerfan2272 said:
Is it bad I am crying over just winning the ALDS?

No, and I hope you and any of the rest of us that have 'tears of joy' can do it two more times.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I haven't drank in 25 years but I wish I had a beer right about now.

i'll drink one for ya Mitch, just cause I'm a nice guy..

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":hyk07ng7]Valverde 9th inning,

f'n granderson 2 and 1, throw strikes Valverde, fastball inside corner called strike, shyt outside full count, fly to left and Raburn has it nonchalant style,

2 more outs,

f'n cano broken bat fly to Jackson,

1 more out,

f'n aroid fastball low and a strike call, splitter called strike two, fastball outside, fastball swings and misses,

TIGERS WIN 3 - 2,
WE ARE GOING TO THE <s>ALDS</s> ALCS,
VALVERDE SHUTS THE CROWD,
TIGERS BEAT THE YANKEES AT YANKEE STADIUM

Fixed that, but I can understand in the excitement ans all..[/quote:hyk07ng7]

SHIT LOL thanks Thumb.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":pk8s4ssv]I haven't drank in 25 years but I wish I had a beer right about now.

i'll drink one for ya Mitch, just cause I'm a nice guy..[/quote:pk8s4ssv]

Drink two, lol.

No mo ESPN. and damn, I sure would love to browse their old forum. Might check out the new one for reactions to the Yankees second ALDS loss to the Tigers over the past 5 years.

We sure aren't the Twins, who have been the Yanks bitches in the postseason.

Yep, Donny Kelly did well this series also...things like that obviously cannot be understated.

ESPN says Nova left with a tight forearm, but they said during the game that it was a tight quadriceps.

Hmmm....

Give Leyland all the credit in the world. He out managed Girardi and seemed like most of his moves worked!!
grin.png

bavarianinnman said:
I was so worried that Valverde would blow a save here.

I think we all were. The law of averages have to catch up some time. He was great though...especially considering who he was facing, where he was pitching and the pressure associated with that situation. Before he came out to pitch I was thinking how nice it must have been for Yankee fans to have Mariano all these years.

Back