Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Posters' Picture Thread

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I do like Phil Collins. Maybe not quite as much as you do, but I definitely like/respect his work.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Hey! Quit jackin' the thread!

Any thread is instantly a better thread with that quote in it.

Maybe they can get a mod in here to start deleting posts...

Oh yeah, right after that, but I had been thinking about it for a while. I think being a mod was making me a little obsessive about checking the board, including while I was at home. While at work, hey, as long as I take care of my shit it's cool, but at home...I have more important things to do!

DR said:
Oh yeah, right after that, but I had been thinking about it for a while. I think being a mod was making me a little obsessive about checking the board, including while I was at home. While at work, hey, as long as I take care of my shit it's cool, but at home...I have more important things to do!

haha, yeah right, you couldn't take the heat.

We all read through the lines at Monster's press conference: "We are sad to say Death Roh will be stepping down from being a mod to spend more time with his family."

sure that's it...

OH yeah. The heat. It was tremendous. Actually I didn't think it was becoming of a mod to nearly make another poster cry by simply calling him a dipshit. Talk about meltdowns...

LMAO! Exalted for the american psycho lines that jever whiffed on! Cant blame him tho, i bet he didnt read more than the first line. I almost didn't.

Yeah, I thought about highlighting the fun parts, but figured that would be too easy!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]LMAO! Exalted for the american psycho lines that jever whiffed on! Cant blame him tho, i bet he didnt read more than the first line. I almost didn't.

The line that stands out to me from that movie is when he's trying to break up with the Reese Witherspoon character and she says (something like) "oh, I just don't that's going to work out - we know all the same people..."

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]This is my wife Jeri of 25 years, and me .. Picture taken in 2010 at Lake Michigan 2010 around the silver lake sand dunes...

Bob, you look way too normal. i dont know why, but I pictured long crazy hair, camo jacket, maybe a cig hanging...

DR said:
OH yeah. The heat. It was tremendous. Actually I didn't think it was becoming of a mod to nearly make another poster cry by simply calling him a dipshit. Talk about meltdowns...

Well, to be fair, you were the one who started deleting posts, not me.

It's alright though. Not everyone can hack it like Monster & BigGunsBob. I know I couldn't.

doinwork83 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]This is my wife Jeri of 25 years, and me .. Picture taken in 2010 at Lake Michigan 2010 around the silver lake sand dunes...

Bob, you look way too normal. i don't know why, but I pictured long crazy hair, camo jacket, maybe a cig hanging...

LOL...
Its the darn screen name... And when I had a chance to change it The 'Gun's' part told me to lay off him... I was hearing voices... ;)... Fact is my dad owns all the gun's and my big biceps deflated years ago..Delusions of grandeur... Man i used to be a workout machine 30 years ago... Now my wife is the workout machine and I eat way to many cookies...

Any way thanks for the normal vote....

Jever4321 said:
I never saw that movie. I have 6y/o twins so I don't get out much.

if your twins are 6, it came out 5 years before they were born.

Actually, Jever, I thought you got it and were dryly acting like you thought DeathRoh really said all that stuff. I thought it was funny...

Now I find out that you really hadn't seen the movie. Good thing I didn't give you any K-points for that...

MichChamp02 said:
Actually, Jever, I thought you got it and were dryly acting like you thought DeathRoh really said all that stuff. I thought it was funny...

That was my first reaction too.

MichChamp02 said:
Jever4321 said:
I never saw that movie. I have 6y/o twins so I don't get out much.

if your twins are 6, it came out 5 years before they were born.

Maybe he was practicing a WHOLE LOT for the 5 years before they were born.

Back