Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Training Camp News

Wake me up when they actually take the field in a real game. When you get my age, all the training camp articles and pre-season stuff is non-sense.

Wake me up when they actually take the field in a real game. When you get my age, all the training camp articles and pre-season stuff is non-sense.

It's a first glimpse. Then pads. Then pre-season. Of course how they play here doesn't determine how they will play. Just shows a skillset or talent. It's the team building and improving before our eyes. Any Lions football is worth watching. Even practice.

Nah. It's not. I have better things to do than watch a practice. It's the same stuff, over and over again. You get about 1 percent of the playbook.

Nah. It's not. I have better things to do than watch a practice. It's the same stuff, over and over again. You get about 1 percent of the playbook.

It takes two seconds to read an article. It's not a waste of time at all. I don't live near Detroit so no practice for me. Would be good to take family though. It would be worth your time.

Lions negotiating with Levy and Ngata per Mayhew.

Negotiating with Ngata? Why not wait to see what he does in our system before giving an extension. There really is no benefit to giving a contract now.

Negotiating with Ngata? Why not wait to see what he does in our system before giving an extension. There really is no benefit to giving a contract now.

There is cap relief and having him a Lion for 2-3 years. That is a good thing.

Same thing they did with Stafford. Ran to the altar to give him an extension two years before it was necessary.

Same thing they did with Stafford. Ran to the altar to give him an extension two years before it was necessary.

It was a great extension. It brought cap relief and locked up a good QB long term.

If it is simply an extension there is zero cap relief.

I highly doubt Ngata at 32 is suddenly going to command a higher salary than he would get now at 31. No sense in doing this now.

If it is simply an extension there is zero cap relief.

I highly doubt Ngata at 32 is suddenly going to command a higher salary than he would get now at 31. No sense in doing this now.

Yes there is for 2015. The 2015 cap number would change. With an extension you can move some money around. And we would carry that over in 2016.

Ngata's cap number would be lower than 8.5 this year if we extended him.

Last edited:

we don't know if it is a good thing or not. He has been a 3-4 NT for his entire career. Might want to let him play in a 4-3 first!

we don't know if it is a good thing or not. He has been a 3-4 NT for his entire career. Might want to let him play in a 4-3 first!

He's a beast. You extend him right now if you can. If not just get Levy done then franchise Ngata and continue working on a deal.

Yes there is for 2015. The 2015 cap number would change. With an extension you can move some money around. And we would carry that over in 2016.

Yea if you roll in a 2015 salary restructuring you could gain cap relief in 2015, but there really is no need to create additional space in 2015 at this point.

An extension by it self only adds years to the contract.

Yea if you roll in a 2015 salary restructuring you could gain cap relief in 2015, but there really is no need to create additional space in 2015 at this point.

An extension by it self only adds years to the contract.

An extension you can move the money around from base salary. 2015 would be less if Ngata is extended. Ngata remains happy because he would get a signing bonus

Guranteed they lower his cap number this year if they extend him. It happens with every big in the last year contract. It happened with Stafford and Calvin.

Last edited:
Kind of surprised none of the Spartan fans have pointed out that we picked up Jerel Worthy. Haven't followed him too closely in the NFL. Is he any good?

Kind of surprised none of the Spartan fans have pointed out that we picked up Jerel Worthy. Haven't followed him too closely in the NFL. Is he any good?
He's had some injuries that have held his career back. No harm in giving him a shot if he's healthy.

Back