Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ukraine

So which is it? Is Buck an anti Chinese chicom? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a 'chicom' is.

he's not anti-enough won't do what is necessary to put America first. China is not our friend when are the dems going to woke up and get that?

Last edited:
he's not anti-enough won't do what is necessary to put America first. China is not our friend when are the dems going to woke up and get that?

?China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man ? They can?t even figure out how to deal with the fact that they have this great division between the China Sea and the mountains in the West. They can?t figure out how they?re going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system. They?re not bad folks, folks ? They?re not competition for us.?
- Joe Biden, March 2019 - completely and totally clueless.

Last edited:
he's an blithering idiot.

Republicans: You need to pull out of afghanistan. We've been there too long.

Trump: Im the greatest in the world....ive made a deal to pull out of afghanistan.

Biden: K, per dumbass Trump deal we need to pull out of afghanistan....its later than his deal but its the best we could do. You know...considering we have a deal.

Republicans: Err meh gerdd we pulled out too fast and biden killed everyone.

Republicans: Yassssss...trump is the man pulling out of all these deals so no one in Europe gives a fuck about us anymore.

Republicans: Er meh gerdddd....why is war happening??????!!!!! WTF Biden?! Trump would have never let this happen. Pulling out of Afghanistan made us look week and enabled people like Putin to attack.

So i ask....who are the blithering idiots in this nation?

Trump: Im the greatest in the world....ive made a deal to pull out of afghanistan.

Biden: K, per dumbass Trump deal we need to pull out of afghanistan....its later than his deal but its the best we could do. You know...considering we have a deal.

Republicans: Yassssss...trump is the man pulling out of all these deals so no one in Europe gives a fuck about us anymore.

Republicans: Er meh gerdddd....why is war happening??????!!!!! WTF Biden?! Trump would have never let this happen. Pulling out of Afghanistan made us look week and enabled people like Putin to attack.

well, in this case, you. You are assuming that all republicans back Trump.

Sadly I think the Russians are gaining ground and choking off the South of Ukraine by the Black Sea. I hope I am wrong. It feels like the Russians are having supply and morale problems but with overwhelming numbers it may be only A matter of time before Ukraine falls and sadly Putin gets what he wants. Again it is a shame Ukraine isn?t a member of NATO.

besides you?

We disagree greatly on the amount of influence and power a vice president wields.

have you not seen the video of Biden bragging about holding Ukraine hostage by withholding loan guarantees until they fired the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukranian gas company that was paying his son Hunter a massive salary as a board member that Joe was taking half of?

That's real power, and he was just the vice president at the time.

Last edited:
have you not seen the video of Biden bragging about holding Ukraine hostage by withholding loan guarantees until they fired the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukranian gas company that was paying his son Hunter a massive salary as a board member that Joe was taking half of?

That's real power, and he was just the vice president at the time.

For him to even actually have said this demonstrates a remarkable degradation of cognition by that time.

To listen to his speech now, as opposed to then, demonstrates how the deterioration has progressed.

We have fucked ourselves.

We fucked ourselves electing the last guy, then turning around ?fixing? that fuck up by electing this guy.

DeSantis and Republitards better nad up and take on Trump if that old asshole runs again.

Sign me up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

Well, nobody has ever argued that poll numbers weren't reliable. I can now rest easy that he definitely will not be the nominee come 2024. Huzzah!

Ha ha.

Since Passover and Easter are both a?comin,? non-religious me will take the opportunity to say ?your mouth to God?s ear (ears? Does God have more than one ear? In the only verified photograph of God ? the Sistine chapel - Michaelangelo only show the one ear. Damn, this has nothing to do with the conversation or the point at hand, but right now I?m walking around with the longest hair and the fullest whitest beard I have ever had. I totally look like God in the Sistine chapel. Except when I look in the mirror I can see both of my ears).

We disagree greatly on the amount of influence and power a vice president wields.

It has varied.

Dick Cheney was probably pretty powerful.

I think Biden with his parliamentary experience was fairly influential.

I think, back to back, those two might have been the two most influential veeps in history.

And they came back to back.

Sadly I think the Russians are gaining ground and choking off the South of Ukraine by the Black Sea. I hope I am wrong. It feels like the Russians are having supply and morale problems but with overwhelming numbers it may be only A matter of time before Ukraine falls and sadly Putin gets what he wants. Again it is a shame Ukraine isn?t a member of NATO.

For what it?s worth or isn?t worth, I heard some talking head so-called expert on the radio saying that Ukraine could never have been a member of NATO because it didn?t have the
pre-established security qualifications required for membership.

Again, for what it?s worth or not.

Russia is following that time tested military strategy of letting your opponent know you're going to invade by moving your army to the border, then just letting them sit there for weeks to give your enemy as much time as possible to prepare.

So I was wrong about this part, that Russia wouldn't actually invade. But everything else I wrote seems pretty accurate.

When it comes to fighting wars, looks like tank battalions are still more effective than tweets and social media marketing campaigns. The Russians appear to be firmly in charge, and it's just a matter of how suicidal the Ukrainians feel. Are they going to fight on until their cities are all rubble? or settle with the Russians now, and accept the loss of some territories and giving up on NATO and closer political ties with the US/EU?

Looking back at Ukraine's whole EU/NATO misadventure, going back to 2014, this clip comes to mind (Flounder would be Ukraine, and Otter would be the United States):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTF2j0OWUi8

Last edited by a moderator:
Back