Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Where the heck is winter?

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I don't really see why the price was even brought up. Pretty much any sport will cost a lot if you're serious about it.

After thinking about it, baseball was a lot more expensive than I thought growing up. Thanks mom and dad haha

The most expensive at our school was Hockey because you had to buy your own pads and everything. At least with baseball in the early rec-league years there was some community equipment that could be shared. Really all you had to get was a glove and we usually had to pay for the hat/shirt/pants....not too bad. All sports are pretty expensive to play in reality.

Just being honest, pussy.

And I apologize if it's disappointing for you that there is zero correlation between you being a pussy and my sense of self worth.

You wimpy, cheap skier.

TheVictors03 said:
Just being honest, pussy.

And I apologize if it's disappointing for you that there is zero correlation between you being a pussy and my sense of self worth.

You wimpy, cheap skier.

Your ignorance shows when you use the phrase "cheap skier."

Please explain to everyone how that statement is 'ignorant' .....pussy

You already bragged about being an owner of skis. Or you could always borrow your sister's skis or rent a pair for $9.99 (which I admit is quite cost-prohibitive). Or you could go to a consignment shop or garage sale or .....hey, I'm such a nice internet tough guy, tell you what -- I will let you ride one of my decks. You can choose whichever of the 5 you want.

Flight from DTW to DEN for M&B09, paid for by me: $275
Lift Ticket to any one of Colorado's world class mountains, paid for by me: $$
High-end Ski Demo for M&B09, paid for by me: $50

Watching M&B09 try to ski ..... Priceless

TheVictors03 said:
You already bragged about being an owner of skis. Or you could always borrow your sister's skis or rent a pair for $9.99 (which I admit is quite cost-prohibitive). Or you could go to a consignment shop or garage sale or .....hey, I'm such a nice internet tough guy, tell you what -- I will let you ride one of my decks. You can choose whichever of the 5 you want.

Usually skis cost about $25-$50 to rent depending on what hill/mountain you go to.

I don't have a sister.

Ride on your deck? Not sure I get the joke there.

Used skis will still cost a pretty penny. Basically you are out of touch on many different points.

TheVictors03 said:
Flight from DTW to DEN for M&B09, paid for by me: $275
Lift Ticket to any one of Colorado's world class mountains, paid for by me: $$
High-end Ski Demo for M&B09, paid for by me: $50

Watching M&B09 try to ski ..... Priceless

Try to ski? I would ski.....Not sure I get the joke here either. Do you mean try and snowboard? In that case I'd probably fall on my face.

You stupid pussy ..... For seven years my paystub read "Burton"

Calling me ignorant for fucking with you like this is making me laugh to myself, sitting on a plane ready to depart LAX.

You're so ignorant about so many things, this thread just another example.

Pussy

[flash=350,287:56rt1a4h]http://www.youtube.com/v/lEHZJNQ5Y4A&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:56rt1a4h]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

He's saying you can't ski either.

And if you buy good cleats, glove and bat. Plus uniform and league (unless HS baseball) it'll cost a good bit.

Especially when you have to continue paying. I'm guessing a snowboard lasts longer than a bat

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]M&B09 I've decided it's OK with me of you don't snowboard.

I was having a little trouble adjusting to it, but now that I've thought it through I'm fine with it.

Just letting you know.

I have to concur, except for the trouble adjusting party.

[flash=350,287:cw5j21tk]http://www.youtube.com/v/2zIK_peF2K8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:cw5j21tk]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

TheVictors03 said:
You stupid pussy ..... For seven years my paystub read "Burton"

Calling me ignorant for fucking with you like this is making me laugh to myself, sitting on a plane ready to depart LAX.

You're so ignorant about so many things, this thread just another example.

Pussy

You think you would know more about it given your previous place of employment.

Nothing I said in this thread was wrong. You may disagree with some of my opinions on snowboarders, I just have no reason to try it and nothing you say changes that or makes it wrong.

You're the one using idiotic phrases like "cheap skier".

Maize&Cheese304 said:
He's saying you can't ski either.

And if you buy good cleats, glove and bat. Plus uniform and league (unless HS baseball) it'll cost a good bit.

Especially when you have to continue paying. I'm guessing a snowboard lasts longer than a bat

I remember I got this bat for x-mas one year that had some like inflatable insert into the core of the bat and they were all the rage at the time. I thought I was so cool with it lol. It was illegal to use once I got into HS baseball though.

I had a redline bat that has BB's in it. Always thought it would be cool if the bat broke in half after a hit.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I had a redline bat that has BB's in it. Always thought it would be cool if the bat broke in half after a hit.

For the life of me I can't remember what my bat was called. It was something "Core"....I just can't remember and it's pissing me off lol.

Back