Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Where the heck is winter?

Hungry said:
I own my own skis. I wanted to try snowboarding, so I dished out $70 so the wife and I could get a lesson and rental. No problem...

And .......sounds like you had fun too. Imagine that!!

Hungry said:
I own my own skis. I wanted to try snowboarding, so I dished out $70 so the wife and I could get a lesson and rental. No problem...

Yup, I've just never done that. I like skiing so I see no point to try snowboarding.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Hungry said:

Yup, I've just never done that. I like skiing so I see no point to try snowboarding.

That's not what you said at first. You made some stupid post about how all the snowboarders you see ride the halfpipe and how you like to go down the hill, but snowboarders don't so you haven't tried snowboarding ...and that it's hard and you're scared you'll break your wrist (rather than blowout your ACL on skis).

Like I said, you're just a big puss.

That's why you're afraid to snowboard ...you know you can't do it, that you'll fall a lot, that some 6yr old will mock you as he rips by on a 120 Chopper and that you're simply too scared to try.

:)

TheVictors03 said:
Hungry said:

And .......sounds like you had fun too. Imagine that!!

Yep, was a great time. I understand that in order to have fun, sometimes I have to pay a reasonable price. No one made fun of me as I fell on my ass numerous times.

TheVictors03 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

That's not what you said at first. You made some stupid post about how all the snowboarders you see ride the halfpipe and how you like to go down the hill, but snowboarders don't so you haven't tried snowboarding ...and that it's hard and you're scared you'll break your wrist (rather than blowout your ACL on skis).

That's why you're afraid to snowboard ...you know you can't do it, that you'll fall a lot, that some 6yr old will mock you as he rips by on a 120 Chopper and that you're simply too scared to try.

:)

That's about it, Vic, except that you forgot to throw 'cheap' or 'tightwad' in there somewhere.

"What do you think about hockey?"

"Well, I like it but everyone who plays is Canadian."

"So, have you ever played?"

"No, I don't want to have to become a Canadian citizen."

Did you guys see John Kerry with his face all mashed up from getting drilled by a puck or wacked with a stick or something?

He was with the President greeting the Boston Bruins at the White House I think.

Ha, I tried parasailing a few years ago. It was super expensive because I had to buy a $75,000 boat, and all the equipment. Then I had to get my captains license. All that for a 20 minute sail!

Jever4321 said:
Ha, I tried parasailing a few years ago. It was super expensive because I had to buy a $75,000 boat, and all the equipment. Then I had to get my captains license. All that for a 20 minute sail!

Yeah? I'm thinking about parachuting...

There are far more snowboarders by the terrain park than there are on the hills - that's just been my experience. I never said that was the reason I have never gone snowboarding.

I clearly said that I don't want to learn it because it's harder and you're more likely to get injured. Call be a "puss" all you want but I don't see it that way. I also don't want to spend money on something when I've already invested in skis.

I don't find the "trick" aspect of it fun. The same way I would rather mountain bike than BMX bike.

Hungry said:
Jever4321 said:

Yeah? I'm thinking about parachuting...
LOL. Now your going to buy an airplane... Definitely can't go cheap there.

M&B09 I've decided it's OK with me of you don't snowboard.

I was having a little trouble adjusting to it, but now that I've thought it through I'm fine with it.

Just letting you know.

Jever4321 said:

Terrible example, a better example would be:

I already own a boat and water skis but don't want to spend $300 on a wake board setup to do the essentially the same thing. Or $50 to rent one.

TheVictors03 said:
Whatever, you cheap pussy.

Does this make you feel better about yourself? If so, I'm glad I can provide that fulfillment for you.

I don't really see why the price was even brought up. Pretty much any sport will cost a lot if you're serious about it.

After thinking about it, baseball was a lot more expensive than I thought growing up. Thanks mom and dad haha

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
TheVictors03 said:
Whatever, you cheap pussy.

Does this make you feel better about yourself? If so, I'm glad I can provide that fulfillment for you.

Ooooh, now you're pretending to be a psychologist?!

Pussy.....

TheVictors03 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

Ooooh, now you're pretending to be a psychologist?!

Pussy.....

No, I just don't get your need to insult anyone. It's just funny that some internet tough guy is calling someone else a pussy.

Back