Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

I didn't call him a troll, I called the post a troll. Because I didn't think anyone outside LKP would say Matt played smart..

Not that I think Jdeb needs anyone to "vouch for him" but I will anyway. He's not a troll. He's a lot like me. Not a hater, not a homer... just calls it like he sees it. Has ever since I've known him which, if memory serves, is early to mid 2000's on the ESPN boards.

I started arguing there during the 2001 draft and it seems like if he wasn't around in those days, he was there shortly after.

He's not a troll.

I call it like i see it. Actually correctly predicted records the previous 2 seasons and then was 1 game off this past season. Ive stated stafford is an average qb for 3 seasons. Said mayhew has sucked since hes been here....then he goes on to have 0 ppl left from the 2010 or 11 drafts and on top of that loses suh, extends schwartz, pisses of the locker room etc etc. Basically everything i say comes true. Ppl still call me a troll.

I call it like i see it. Actually correctly predicted records the previous 2 seasons and then was 1 game off this past season. Ive stated stafford is an average qb for 3 seasons. Said mayhew has sucked since hes been here....then he goes on to have 0 ppl left from the 2010 or 11 drafts and on top of that loses suh, extends schwartz, pisses of the locker room etc etc. Basically everything i say comes true. Ppl still call me a troll.

Dumb people do. In my opinion, there's only 1 troll and we all know who he is. Though I guess some will disagree with that..

Last edited:
We all have opinions, I'm not sure I'd call it playing smart more like a dumb down system..And completion % was still bad compared to the rest of the NFL. I didn't see him play smart at all last season. Less INT but less throws and quite a bit more short throws..

And just so we have an understanding..I think you're a valuable part of DSF.

I do think its funny that scoring less, running an inefficient offense, not making or having the capability to make proper audibles and barely squeeking out numerous games at the very end....equates to being smart.

I do think its funny that scoring less, running an inefficient offense, not making or having the capability to make proper audibles and barely squeeking out numerous games at the very end....equates to being smart.

Maybe they only look at the INT.

Ok Bro. What second and 3rd rounders are for sure year one starters?

How come we didn't pull any last year. Did we not have any holes we could afford to draft a center to groom in Swanson?

We don't need an Rodgers clone, we aren't going to find that. But even if we can find someone like Tannehill we would be better off.

Even if we could find a cheaper version of Stafford it would benefit this team. We have the 20th ranked QB the last three years. That means 66% of the league found someone better.
Unless you believe the "poor Stafford" BS. Aww he gets no help.

Total crap. His weapons are open just as much as any other QBs. He just misses the window, or misses the throw. But hey he can hit that rocked throw over the middle with a clean lane because he has that rocket arm. Sweet let's pay the guy because he can make 1 throw a game that most can't. Who cares he can't make the touch throws that most others can make. We will just hope for pass interference calls on those. Great plan.

Go mediocre.

So your logic is we didn't pull any starters last year in the second or third rd last year so lets draft a QB that will NEVER play in this city? Brilliant!! lol. I'll go on record to say that KVN would have at least played a ton last year or won a stsrting gig if he didn't get hurt.
And everyone on Earth knew that Swanson is a better C than Raiola. He should have been in the lineup sooner. They drafted well last year.

As for your Stafford bashing? Yawwwwn.....it bores me. The Lions don't pay him because he makes one throw a game. You're ignorant for even suggesting it. Lets go get that 2nd or 3rd day QB in the draft and "hope" he pushes Staff. What a joke!!

I go all the way back to the beginning of the espn boards Mitchrapp and Kaline (Ron) can vouch for that. Statistically he was not great but he played very smart for the year and I acknowledged it because I was pretty hard on him prior to 2014 season. I have no issue with him going into this year. He should put up better numbers but I could care less as long as he leads this team like he did last year. He really did steal some games and he did not lose that playoff game, the coaching staff did... in my humble opinion.

Dude, you're conversing with the biggest doofus on these boards. His football knowledge is that of a 2 year old....

That's only because you're not very smart. Stafford didn't put up video game numbers so you call it a failure..lol. Clueless. He matured as a QB, showed some leadership and made a handful of GAME WINNING DRIVES. He showed some moxy. It was duly noted that Stafford was wayyyyyy ahead of the learning curve in this offense. Lombardi stated that he put more on Staffords plate in one year than he did with Brees in 2-3 years.
You ever think that the other players were having a tough time with the offense and thats why it was "dumb downed"? Of course you dont because you're a dummy. Injuries and a horrific running game also hurt this offense. That doesn't mean Stafford is off the hook because he isn't. He needs to be better...they ALL do.
You're too fkn ignorant, you and most of your cronies to see Stafford make gains last year. It's sad....

Baaaaaaaahahshahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Or we could watch the Lions draft guys like Best, Young, Spivey, Leshore, Broyles, Bentley... and watch them star??

I'd much rather see a guy like Hundley on the sidelines for a year or two challenging Stafford's cushy seat, with an opportunity to be a future QB as opposed to the majority of the 2nd/3rd round picks that aren't even on the team anymore.

Or we can draft guys like Swanson, Warford, Riddick, Taylor, Whitehead and watch them get better. See? I can do it too!!

So your logic is we didn't pull any starters last year in the second or third rd last year so lets draft a QB that will NEVER play in this city? Brilliant!! lol. I'll go on record to say that KVN would have at least played a ton last year or won a stsrting gig if he didn't get hurt.
And everyone on Earth knew that Swanson is a better C than Raiola. He should have been in the lineup sooner. They drafted well last year.

As for your Stafford bashing? Yawwwwn.....it bores me. The Lions don't pay him because he makes one throw a game. You're ignorant for even suggesting it. Lets go get that 2nd or 3rd day QB in the draft and "hope" he pushes Staff. What a joke!!

Ok dumb dumb, try and follow. You said we couldn't waste a second round pick and use it on a backup QB. We need starter from that position, implying you can easily do that. I, using very recent history, proved that it isn't the case. So using it on a backup QB could be beneficial.

Yep Van Noy could of been a starter, Swanson could be a better C (although no indication of that yet), Could, Could, Could. Whole lot of coulds. Of course Perriman could fall to the fourth, but I don't see it. So sorry if we don't take your talent evaluation as gold, again recent history suggest it's highly questionable.

I don't see much of a reason to draft a QB in the top half of this draft

- Already been noted that this class is weaker for QBs
- We don't know if "pushing Stafford" will actually do anything, that is all speculation...and let's be honest, Stafford is starting unless he gets injured, the size of his contract pretty much guarantees it
- I was right about Dan O never playing last year, obviously injuries are unpredictable, but Stafford has proven to be durable the last 3-4 years now...a backup would likely never see significant time

Spending a top half pick on a QB is based entirely on a bunch of "what ifs", give me a player that can actually start or contribute often.

They should only draft a QB high if they're extremely confident he can be a starter in the future, anything less is not worth it.

Last edited:
I don't see much of a reason to draft a QB in the top half of this draft

- Already been noted that this class is weaker for QBs
- We don't know if "pushing Stafford" will actually do anything, that is all speculation...and let's be honest, Stafford is starting unless he gets injured, the size of his contract pretty much guarantees it
- I was right about Dan O never playing last year, obviously injuries are unpredictable, but Stafford has proven to be durable the last 3-4 years now...a backup would likely never see significant time

Spending a top half pick on a QB is based entirely on a bunch of "what ifs", give me a player that can actually start or contribute often.

They should only draft a QB high if they're extremely confident he can be a starter in the future, anything less is not worth it.

What player do you have confidence in picked at 54 can come in start and contribute often?

Last edited:
No room to draft a QB period. Need to get younger on D backfield, and get depth on Oline. Not to mention Dline player and a RB. We have more need than picks so late rounds are critical. The problem I fear is we continue to draft talent over need. If they draft that RB from Wisconsin in the first, kiss 2015 bye bye. Ebron better bust out in a big way cause we passed on need last year

Last edited:
I didn't know Swanson and Warford have done enough to be included on that list?

He has swung and missed more frequently on 2nd and 3rd round picks. No idea why you can't consider a 3rd round pick and have someone to compete with Stafford.

What player do you have confidence in picked at 54 can come in start and contribute often?

Preferably a CB, DT/DE, or OG/OT. Somebody who could rotate in (if not starting), with some added value on ST. I haven't followed the draft so I can't speak to any specific prospects.

I didn't know Swanson and Warford have done enough to be included on that list?

He has swung and missed more frequently on 2nd and 3rd round picks. No idea why you can't consider a 3rd round pick and have someone to compete with Stafford.

Because nobody is going to compete with Stafford, it's a fan's fantasy. If money weren't an issue, then I'd agree, but the fact is your $20MM QB is starting barring a catastrophe. Whether you think he's good or not, the franchise fully supports him, that's just the reality of it.

Well then it's about that 20 million dollar QB starts acting like one.

And if he doesn't lead them to the playoffs next year then money be damned, they better find a QB in the draft.

Because nobody is going to compete with Stafford, it's a fan's fantasy. If money weren't an issue, then I'd agree, but the fact is your $20MM QB is starting barring a catastrophe. Whether you think he's good or not, the franchise fully supports him, that's just the reality of it.

I agree he is starting this year. It's about having someone ready if he is outperformed by 66% of the QBs again. In 2016 it is a 11 million cap savings to cut/trade him. QBs always have 100% support of the franchise..until they don't.

If he performs, great. We've improved the backup QB position in case of an injury. Not a bad thing.

Back