Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

I agree he is starting this year. It's about having someone ready if he is outperformed by 66% of the QBs again. In 2016 it is a 11 million cap savings to cut/trade him. QBs always have 100% support of the franchise..until they don't.

If he performs, great. We've improved the backup QB position in case of an injury. Not a bad thing.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I also don't run the team. I'm looking at this from the perspective of the coaching staff and executives. I honestly see them foolishly sticking with Stafford until the end (and probably after that). Might as well draft somebody who has a chance.

That's only because you're not very smart. Stafford didn't put up video game numbers so you call it a failure..lol. Clueless. He matured as a QB, showed some leadership and made a handful of GAME WINNING DRIVES. He showed some moxy. It was duly noted that Stafford was wayyyyyy ahead of the learning curve in this offense. Lombardi stated that he put more on Staffords plate in one year than he did with Brees in 2-3 years.
You ever think that the other players were having a tough time with the offense and thats why it was "dumb downed"? Of course you dont because you're a dummy. Injuries and a horrific running game also hurt this offense. That doesn't mean Stafford is off the hook because he isn't. He needs to be better...they ALL do.
You're too fkn ignorant, you and most of your cronies to see Stafford make gains last year. It's sad....

we couldnt score...that's why it was a failure.
Moxy....awesome
Lombardi never put anything on Brees' plate...it wasn't his offense then.
Yes, weve mentioned a lot that guys like ebron were too stupid for this offense. Stafford was too.
Stafford has proven his numbers are still bottom tier even when he has a running game. Go watch reggies 1k yard season again.
Im an ignorant dummy dum dum....but im right...so what does that make you?

Moxy is used for QBs who are average but occasionally show intelligence.

You ever hear the word "moxy" connected with Tom Brady, Brees, Rodgers?

Even John Moxon didn't have moxy, he was just damn good.

And if 2014 was "gains" for Matt Stafford, lord help us all. Nearly identical to 2013.

moxie

noun
Slang
The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.
Aggressive energy; initiative: ?His prose has moxie, though it rushes and stumbles from a pent-up surge? (Patricia Hampl).
Skill; know-how.

Moxy is used for QBs who are average but occasionally show intelligence.

You ever hear the word "moxy" connected with Tom Brady, Brees, Rodgers?

Even John Moxon didn't have moxy, he was just damn good.

Don't forget he also has intangibles. Never forget the intangibles.

Spirit, heart, courage, intangibles, great fight, moxie. Those words are always used to describe average QBs who play hard.

Every hear the word moxie attached with an elite? Hell no. They don't need cushiony verbs lol.

Last edited:
I dunno dubbs...a quick interwebs search revealed moxie being used with elite quarterbacks a lot. A few examples below, although you'll appreciate the last the best.

"Americans fight back. That’s what the Pats did. Down by 10 points in a third quarter dominated by the Seahawks, the Pats rallied with Brady’s moxie and with a defense that was sticky as needed. That’s the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history."

"We have also come to know our quarterback as a person, and there is much to admire about Rodgers’ background. It starts with his humble beginning in community college and his long climb to a Division I school. It includes his draft day humiliation; the Favre minefield he had to navigate; his composed demeanor with Green Bay’s fishbowl environment; and the moxie with which he leads and inspires his teammates."

"Andrew Luck has gunslinger moxie of young John Elway"

"Brett Favre has moxie, and a Jack Nicklaus-like swagger. He's always going to believe he can win—damn the circumstances, damn his age."

"Kitna Shows Moxie In Cowboys Win Over Lions"

Gunslinger moxie? I didn't know those two words could be used together.

Tell you what, when he starts winning playoff games, they can call him whatever the hell they want. I'm just used to hearing moxie, heart, intangibles be used together in the same vein.

Gunslinger moxie? I didn't know those two words could be used together.

I think it's a kind of super moxie. Rarely seen and spoken of only in hushed tones by those in the know. It's Yeti-like.

Ok dumb dumb, try and follow. You said we couldn't waste a second round pick and use it on a backup QB. We need starter from that position, implying you can easily do that. I, using very recent history, proved that it isn't the case. So using it on a backup QB could be beneficial.

Yep Van Noy could of been a starter, Swanson could be a better C (although no indication of that yet), Could, Could, Could. Whole lot of coulds. Of course Perriman could fall to the fourth, but I don't see it. So sorry if we don't take your talent evaluation as gold, again recent history suggest it's highly questionable.

Hey! Don't take my word for it, dummy. I hope they do draft a QB in the 2nd rd for ya!! I will love watching you retards squirm when Staff has a bad game or two lol.

No coulds. KVN is a hell of a LB. He makes noise this year.
And Swanson IS BETTER. No question....

As for Perriman. I love his upside, but I wouldn't touch him in the first two rds. He's as raw as they come, but some retarded GM will REACH for him in the first probably.

What player do you have confidence in picked at 54 can come in start and contribute often?

Stupid question. Any second rd pick should contribute. We have been on the short end of the stick lately, but any 2nd rd pick should contribute

As for Perriman. I love his upside, but I wouldn't touch him in the first two rds. He's as raw as they come, but some retarded GM will REACH for him in the first probably.

Should I touch this big red button?

I didn't know Swanson and Warford have done enough to be included on that list?

He has swung and missed more frequently on 2nd and 3rd round picks. No idea why you can't consider a 3rd round pick and have someone to compete with Stafford.

Swanson is our starting C and Warford was a fkn steal in the 3rd. Not done enough? Jesus Christ lol

Because in the 3rd, I would rather draft a player that can contribute right away. We lost a 4th and a 5th. Drafting a potential backup QB is a complete waste. I wouldn't be opposed to it if we had those 4th and 5th picks, but in this case we don't

we couldnt score...that's why it was a failure.
Moxy....awesome
Lombardi never put anything on Brees' plate...it wasn't his offense then.
Yes, weve mentioned a lot that guys like ebron were too stupid for this offense. Stafford was too.
Stafford has proven his numbers are still bottom tier even when he has a running game. Go watch reggies 1k yard season again.
Im an ignorant dummy dum dum....but im right...so what does that make you?

You're not right. You're a fkn retard...end of story.

Lombardi came out months ago telling the world how smart Stafford was. Stafford absorbed everything and then some. Lombardi clearly stated that he was putting more responsibility on Stafford's plate thsn he ever did with Brees. Not a knock on Brees....it just is what it is. Stafford isn't stupid.....you are. YOU.
4,600+ yards, 29 TDs when Reggie ran for 1K...shut it
Again.....you're wrong as usual....dead wrong

Last edited:
Stupid question. Any second rd pick should contribute. We have been on the short end of the stick lately, but any 2nd rd pick should contribute

Looks like about 6 second rounders contributed anything significant last year.

Back