Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

Good point, I was thinking more about overdraft charges from banks but yeah, all the bull shit add-ons on my cell phone and cable bill (when we used to have cable) are taxes of some form or another - those damn corporations!

Even if you can afford $200 for cable you should get rid of it. We can and we did anyway and I haven?t regretted it for a second.

We switched to T mobile about a year ago and got flat rate all inclusive unlimited plans that are far cheaper than Verizon before they tack on all the tariffs. I?m sure the govt still takes their pound of flesh but it?s included in our flat fee per line so I have no idea how much they?re clipping me for those fees.

I have ATT U-Verse. I tried to pull the plug last year but they talked me into keeping it. They said that we don't have fast enough internet to support streaming the number of TVs we currently use. As soon as we get fiber internet I will pull the plug.

I have ATT U-Verse. I tried to pull the plug last year but they talked me into keeping it. They said that we don't have fast enough internet to support streaming the number of TVs we currently use. As soon as we get fiber internet I will pull the plug.

we have VZ Fios Gigabit ($70/mo all-in) and a digital antenna - the over the air signal for networks is amazing.

LOL, Stacy "kill your kids to fight inflation" Abrams is a lot better at raising money and giving it to her friends than she is at winning elections. Abrams b.s. voting rights lawsuit that had all it's claims thrown out by a judge in September spent $25mm on the suit in 2020, $10mm of that went to her friend's tiny law firm. In total her "Fair Fight" organization raised $61mm. It will be interesting to see how much more of it was spent to have her friend get humiliated in court when 2021 & 2022 spending is disclosed.

Last edited:
LOL, Stacy "kill your kids to fight inflation" Abrams is a lot better at raising money and giving it to her friends than she is at winning elections. Abrams b.s. voting rights lawsuit that had all it's claims thrown out by a judge in September spent $25mm on the suit in 2020, $10mm of that went to her friend's tiny law firm. In total her "Fair Fight" organization raised $61mm. It will be interesting to see how much more of it was spent to have her friend get humiliated in court when 2021 & 2022 spending is disclosed.

Good chance she wins they?ve got ALT on stand by with all they need

They got away with it in ?20 but they were too dumb to fill in the down ballot votes.

$1 says they'll need at least 3 more days to finish "counting all the votes" when there is zero accountability it'll happen again and again and again.

Well here we are 11-8-2022. RED Wave? or delays until "all the votes are counted" dragging on for 3+ days before we'll have final miraculous come back results allowing for the dems to take the senate while the pugs take the house.

Trump is going to run again he'll announce soon enough, I really wish he wouldn't though. would much prefer DeSantis and I don't think Ron is going to run if Trump does.

Well here we are 11-8-2022. RED Wave? or delays until "all the votes are counted" dragging on for 3+ days before we'll have final miraculous come back results allowing for the dems to take the senate while the pugs take the house.

Trump is going to run again he'll announce soon enough, I really wish he wouldn't though. would much prefer DeSantis and I don't think Ron is going to run if Trump does.

So DeSantis has won in a blowout. What is wrong those peoples in Florida? Don?t they know how evil DeSantis (Newsom calls him DeSantos) is? I mean, for the love of God, he literally championed a law that made it illegal for grown ass adults to talk to Kindergarteners about things of a sexual nature in school! What the fuck?

I?m not 100% sure Ron won?t run against Trump. I sure hope he does. This broken country needs him - and one of the reasons this country is broken is Trump.

I?m not religious, and I don?t pray - maybe I occasionally pray to a higher power that I think more likely than not exists, although statistically the higher power only seems to respond to the prayers of substance addicts entering 12 step - but maybe I?ll pray that DeSantos will ball up and take Trump on.

Trump has been trying to intimidate Ron lately, and it seems that shit may be pissing Ron off.

I fully expect Republicans to crush it across the board, I've said that multiple times on this board.

But I gotta say, this 'red wins or they were cheated' philosophy gives me real sore loser vibes. The kind of shit a kid pulls when they lose a board game. I sure hope Dems don't go full whiny bitch too. I've already been seeing lots of 'voter intimidation' stories. We don't need a month of crying after every election.

Trump has been trying to intimidate Ron lately, and it seems that shit may be pissing Ron off.

Wasn't that weird? Ron has said he didn't want to go toe to toe with Trump. Why would Trump provoke Ron?

What am I thinking? Of course it isn't weird. It's completely on brand for Trump to be the child in the room. Ron will wipe the floor with him in 2024 if he so chooses.

I fully expect Republicans to crush it across the board, I've said that multiple times on this board.

But I gotta say, this 'red wins or they were cheated' philosophy gives me real sore loser vibes. The kind of shit a kid pulls when they lose a board game. I sure hope Dems don't go full whiny bitch too. I've already been seeing lots of 'voter intimidation' stories. We don't need a month of crying after every election.

A month? it was more than 3 years after 2016, longer for some like Stacy Abrams.

depends on the situation. I thought it was ridiculous how the media has been asking every single Republican if they will accept the outcome of the election for the last week+, but not the dem candidates - in fact they're doing the opposite, like in GA where they're pushing the voter suppression narrative when voter turnout is smashing records in the peach state.

Why would anyone commit to that, especially in places where shady shit has gone down recently? Like in Phoenix right now. It's still early but both the governor and senate races were virtually tied. So far, with 40% of precincts reporting both Dems have big double digit leads. If that spread holds, I think it's fair to ask what happened.

Last edited:
The state rejected extremism tonight. And it looks like most of the country did too.

Will Republicans finally wake up to the fact that if they stick with Trump their party will keep losing?

The state rejected extremism tonight. And it looks like most of the country did too.

Will Republicans finally wake up to the fact that if they stick with Trump their party will keep losing?

Looks like the senate will be same as last time, 50-50 so not much stuck with other side either. So another 2 years of nothing getting done.

Abortion up to the point of birth and beyond including for minors without parental consent. Radical, ahistorical and blatantly racist race theory in classrooms. Anti science gender policies being administered by teachers (people with degrees in education - mostly dopes) and radical activist doctors ignoring science trampling women?s and parents rights and mutilating children. Trampling the constitution forcing businesses to close unnecessarily (again ignoring science), violating liberties and destroying the economy.

Michigan elected extremism and voted against the constitution, women and parents. That?s why it?s a shit hole - so many brain dead sheep like you.

Last edited:
Abortion up to the point of birth and beyond including for minors without parental consent. Radical, ahistorical and blatantly racist race theory in classrooms. Anti science gender policies being administered by teachers (people with degrees in education - mostly dopes) and radical activist doctors ignoring science trampling women?s and parents rights and mutilating children. Trampling the constitution forcing businesses to close unnecessarily (again ignoring science), violating liberties and destroying the economy.

Michigan elected extremism and voted against the constitution, women and parents. That?s why it?s a shit hole - so many brain dead sheep like you.

I was told the political ads would stop after Tuesday! It was all a lie.

pretty disappointing results, all the republicans moved to FL, most disappointed in MI and PA clean Dem sweep in MI including the MI house/senate Whitmer will be able do whatever she wants now. The people vote for more pain

Trumps says he recommends Desantis not run in 2024, trump is planning to run again, He won't win. R's would have a better chance with Desantis it's time for Trump to shut the hell up and go away.

Last edited:
pretty disappointing results, all the republicans moved to FL, most disappointed in MI and PA clean Dem sweep in MI including the MI house/senate Whitmer will be able do whatever she wants now. The people vote for more pain

Trumps says he recommends Desantis not run in 2024, trump is planning to run again, He won't win. R's would have a better chance with Desantis it's time for Trump to shut the hell up and go away.

He needed to shut the fuck up and go away 2 years ago but he can't seem to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGbNAB8NMb0&ab_channel=TjimiCole

Looks like the senate will be same as last time, 50-50 so not much stuck with other side either. So another 2 years of nothing getting done.

More got done in Washington in the last 2 years with a 50-50 Senate than got done in the previous 20 years combined.

But if the Reps do take the House (And I think it's a little better than a coin flip they will right now), the sides will be forced to work together.

If Reps have a 1-3 seat advantage in the House, any time wasting BS they pull won't get the full support of their party. They aren't going to get 218 out of 218 Reps in the House to go along with impeaching Biden for nothing, but trying to get revenge for Trump's 2 impeachments.

So work together, I think they can get something done on immigration and border security. Manchin already wants a deal on Social Security. If anything, the message is that the country wants the parties to work together.

I was told the political ads would stop after Tuesday! It was all a lie.

Just stating the facts. The left and it?s useful idiots are doing the Marxist playbook, chapter and verse - accuse your opponent of doing what you?re doing while you?re doing it. Anyone who looks at what the left is pushing and comes away thinking conservatives are the extremists are simply out of their minds, liars or idiots (or all of the above).

Back