Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

Dems now 2-1 favorite to hold the Senate, Reps now a 3 to 1 (and falling) favorite to flip the House. Michigan is going to be a shutout as our SoS, AG, and governor will all win reelections fairly easily. Big Gretch is about a 20-1 favorite for re-election as the Reps chose to run a raving lunatic Trump loving nutcase who thinks rape babies are a gift to the rape survivor.

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1562283492171472896?s=21&t=QQO0LySer72FvaTd5fkpaw

Big deal. Shows Dems have some momentum. NY 19 was won by Biden by 1.5 points. This will be better then that.

NY23 was win by Trump by 13 and the Republican will win that special election by 7 or 8.

A democrat wins a seat vacated by another democrat who was appointed Lt Governor (by 2 points!!!) in a district that's been flip-flopping since the late 80s for both the seat and POTUS. That's some huge momentum. Good take, I bet the RNC is just scratching their heads about this one. Back to the drawing board Rs, something is not working.

Just 2 months ago, Republicans flip an almost entirely Hispanic district in Texas for the first time ever by 8 pts and the takeaway is "nothing to see here folks." Democrats win a toss up seat by 2 points - huge momo guys, something to get excited about. I can't wait until you see Nadler's polling numbers next month - maybe we'll be hearing about the impending Blue Wave!

Also, it's "than" not "then"

Last edited:
A democrat wins a seat vacated by another democrat who was appointed Lt Governor (by 2 points!!!) in a district that's been flip-flopping since the late 80s for both the seat and POTUS. That's some huge momentum. Good take, I bet the RNC is just scratching their heads about this one. Back to the drawing board Rs, something is not working.

Just 2 months ago, Republicans flip an almost entirely Hispanic district in Texas for the first time ever by 8 pts and the takeaway is "nothing to see here folks." Democrats win a toss up seat by 2 points - huge momo guys, something to get excited about. I can't wait until you see Nadler's polling numbers next month - maybe we'll be hearing about the impending Blue Wave!

Also, it's "than" not "then"

Wasn?t that near where they had that Alamo thing?

Makes ya wonder if the white people really won.

Wasn?t that near where they had that Alamo thing?

Makes ya wonder if the white people really won.

It's about an 1:15 drive from the Alamo. Considering you can drive for a full day and never leave Texas, that's probably considered near.

I assume you meant the war and not the battle - the only white people who had any kinda victory at the Alamo were the ones that hid in the basement, where Pee Wee's stolen bike was hidden nearly 150yrs later.

More Blue momentum?

Florida Republican governor Ron DeSantis endorses 30 candidates in local school board elections across Florida - only 25 of them win seats.

It's about an 1:15 drive from the Alamo. Considering you can drive for a full day and never leave Texas, that's probably considered near.

I assume you meant the war and not the battle - the only white people who had any kinda victory at the Alamo were the ones that hid in the basement, where Pee Wee's stolen bike was hidden nearly 150yrs later.

It depends.

If one?s singular goal is leaving Texas, it?s not that hard to leave Texas without driving a full day.

Brady, TX, dubbed ?the heart of Texas,? because it?s the nearest town to the geographical center of the state, which is fifteen miles north, is only three hours away from the nearest point of departure from Texas.

There one leaves Texas into Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, notorious for being the most shithole Mexican border town out of all of the shihole Mexican border towns, festered and plagued with criminal gang affiliated immigrants from other Latin American shithole countries that make Mexico look like Beverly Hills, all of whom are seeking to enter the United States illegally - but, nevertheless, one is leaving Texas.

It depends.

If one?s singular goal is leaving Texas, it?s not that hard to leave Texas without driving a full day.

Brady, TX, dubbed ?the heart of Texas,? because it?s the nearest town to the geographical center of the state, which is fifteen miles north, is only three hours away from the nearest point of departure from Texas.

There one leaves Texas into Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, notorious for being the most shithole Mexican border town out of all of the shihole Mexican border towns, festered and plagued with criminal gang affiliated immigrants from other Latin American shithole countries that make Mexico look like Beverly Hills, all of whom are seeking to enter the United States illegally - but, nevertheless, one is leaving Texas.

True, it doesn?t take a full day to leave Texas, but you can drive all day in one direction and not ever leave. looks like it takes about 12 hours to drive across Texas (Galveston to El Paso or Brownsville to Amarillo) not including stops along the way for good bbq, TexMex, or to shoot guns?

True, it doesn?t take a full day to leave Texas, but you can drive all day in one direction and not ever leave. looks like it takes about 12 hours to drive across Texas (Galveston to El Paso or Brownsville to Amarillo) not including stops along the way for good bbq, TexMex, or to shoot guns?

Yeah, I know, I?ve done it numerous times. Both immediate and extended family started relocating from Michigan to East Texas - both Houston and Dallas - all the way back to the early 80. Been from time to time driving across Texas from then until the passing of my dear sweet darling departed mother ten years ago. Never stopped to shoot guns but I did the rest.

On the last drive from LA to Dallas, the wife and I took a little sojourn on the way before getting to Texas to Tombstone. That was pretty cool.

Biden making some more moves to curb inflation and help the average citizen.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/politics/biden-bank-fees-speech/index.html

Get rid of "junk fees" is his plan.

This is my favorite line.

?These junk fees ? they?re unfair and they?re hitting marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low-income folks and people of color. They benefit big corporations, not consumers, not working families. And that changes now,? Biden said, vowing to announce more ?concrete actions?

Junk fees target people of color? :lmao::tup:

?These junk fees ? they?re unfair and they?re hitting marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low-income folks and people of color. They benefit big corporations, not consumers, not working families. And that changes now,? Biden said, vowing to announce more ?concrete actions?

You've been taking reading lessons from spartanmack, I see.

He sit "hitting... the hardest." not targeting.

and he's right. a $5 monthly fee (likely one of many such fees they pay imposed by large conglomerates that have bought up all their effective competitors and essentially control markers) hits a poor family harder than a rich family.

You've been taking reading lessons from spartanmack, I see.

He sit "hitting... the hardest." not targeting.

and he's right. a $5 monthly fee (likely one of many such fees they pay imposed by large conglomerates that have bought up all their effective competitors and essentially control markers) hits a poor family harder than a rich family.

hitting harder or targeting...I was laughing at him saying people of color. Poor Lebron James.

really, fees corporations charge for their services don't benefit consumers or working families? That's some high level thinking there captain obvious. Everyone knows taxes are the only fees people pay that benefit them. Where do these banks get off charging overdraft fees in the first place? They should be absorbing the cost of their customers errors - that's only fair.

really, fees corporations charge for their services don't benefit consumers or working families? That's some high level thinking there captain obvious. Everyone knows taxes are the only fees people pay that benefit them. Where do these banks get off charging overdraft fees in the first place? They should be absorbing the cost of their customers errors - that's only fair.

yes, when I see the litany of $4.99, $12.99 etc. "service fees" in my comcast internet bill, I always understand I'm the one benefitting by paying them, not the giant near-monopoly that has a stranglehold on a basic service nationwide collecting billions from a captive customer base that includes me and everyone like me for service that my local city could provide much more cheaply than comcast does

They're doing me a favor by charging me and taking more of my money than they told me they would when they promoted their services to me with a lower monthly rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, when I see the litany of $4.99, $12.99 etc. "service fees" in my comcast internet bill, I always understand I'm the one benefitting by paying them, not the giant near-monopoly that has a stranglehold on a basic service nationwide collecting billions from a captive customer base that includes me and everyone like me for service that my local city could provide much more cheaply than comcast does

They're doing me a favor by charging me and taking more of my money than they told me they would when they promoted their services to me with a lower monthly rate.

no they're not and nobody is saying they are. Re-read my post shithead - it's painfully obvious I wasn't saying anything like that. I was making fun of the fact that he thinks he has to point it out. that's how dumb he thinks you are - actually in your case, he's probably not far off the mark.

Also, the rest of this is beyond stupid. You're not captive - you have choices and can stop paying your cable bill tomorrow if you don't want the service. And I'd love to hear how your local city can provide the service much more cheaply than comcast. I suppose in your fantasy world, you think they'd also do it more reliably (although it's not a high bar, it's still funny that you probably think the government could do it better).

Last edited:
no they're not and nobody is saying they are. Re-read my post shithead - it's painfully obvious I wasn't saying anything like that. I was making fun of the fact that he thinks he has to point it out. that's how dumb he thinks you are - actually in your case, he's probably not far off the mark.

Also, the rest of this is beyond stupid. You're not captive - you have choices and can stop paying your cable bill tomorrow if you don't want the service. And I'd love to hear how your local city can provide the service much more cheaply than comcast. I suppose in your fantasy world, you think they'd also do it more reliably (although it's not a high bar, it's still funny that you probably think the government could do it better).

the funny thing about cable bills...I think all of the add on fees on my bill are government fees of some sort or another.

On my bill I have:

state local service franchise fee (goes to Ohio department of commerce)
state cost recovery charge
regulatory video cost fee (less than $1 but no idea what it is)
state county district sales tax
county sales tax
state sales tax

Now it does say on the bill that if my check bounces they can charge up to $30, but it is right on the bill in bold letters. Not sure who pays bills with a check anymore, but if you do it's not a secret.

Also, if you can't afford $200 for cable, get rid of it.

the funny thing about cable bills...I think all of the add on fees on my bill are government fees of some sort or another.

On my bill I have:

state local service franchise fee (goes to Ohio department of commerce)
state cost recovery charge
regulatory video cost fee (less than $1 but no idea what it is)
state county district sales tax
county sales tax
state sales tax

Now it does say on the bill that if my check bounces they can charge up to $30, but it is right on the bill in bold letters. Not sure who pays bills with a check anymore, but if you do it's not a secret.

Also, if you can't afford $200 for cable, get rid of it.

Good point, I was thinking more about overdraft charges from banks but yeah, all the bull shit add-ons on my cell phone and cable bill (when we used to have cable) are taxes of some form or another - those damn corporations!

Even if you can afford $200 for cable you should get rid of it. We can and we did anyway and I haven?t regretted it for a second.

We switched to T mobile about a year ago and got flat rate all inclusive unlimited plans that are far cheaper than Verizon before they tack on all the tariffs. I?m sure the govt still takes their pound of flesh but it?s included in our flat fee per line so I have no idea how much they?re clipping me for those fees.

Last edited:
Back