Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

Canadians that don't have their heads up their asses probably do. The French and Germans should as well. But they should all be under that impression regardless of where fuel prices are at any given moment, just like most Americans should have realized this truth long before gas prices reached record highs...

Seems like some extreme hyperbole to me. Biden is the worst president ever. Before that it was Obama, and Clinton before that.

In the same respect, Trump is the worst president ever. Before that it was certainly W and Reagan before him.

It's all sensationalist knee jerk narrative driven bullshit.

*edit* Just realized you used Germany as another example. That's some troll level stuff right there.

Last edited:
Obama wasn't the worst president, Clinton was not the worst president. Do not confuse my proclamation with generalized republicans. Buck Fiden will be remembered as the worst president in the history of the republic. Unless for whatever reason he is unable to finish out his term then depending on just how long she would be in office, Harris could be even worse and he could end up at #2 instead.

$5.19 this morning, this will now encourage more demand to not have to drive into the office. I feel sorry for those that may yet still have offices to drive into every day, for low income earners it may now no longer be economically viable to keep that job. diesel prices will now start to sky rocket food prices and more shortages. Buck is oblivious, blame everything on Putin doesn't buck stops here for anything. the only thing that can stop the coming largest RED wave history will be 2000 mules if drop boxes are allowed to become a new normal.

This isn't knee jerk narrative driven bullshit. I told ya'll 2 years ago 2020 was going to be a choice between prosperity and equally assured misery for all. Turns out 2000 mules tipped the balance to the equally assured misery for all camp. I will start to turn around again in Nov 2022, in theory.

Last edited:
Seems like some extreme hyperbole to me. Biden is the worst president ever. Before that it was Obama, and Clinton before that.

In the same respect, Trump is the worst president ever. Before that it was certainly W and Reagan before him.

*edit* Just realized you used Germany as another example. That's some troll level stuff right there.

Seems like a pretty reasonable and defensible statement on virtually every objective measure. If people don't have their heads up their asses, it's as plane as day. Not sure who you're referring to but I've always said Obama was #2 in my lifetime after Carter who was #1 (possibly of all time). Biden is giving Carter a run for his money. You have to be an idiot to think Reagan was the worst President ever or even close to the worst people alive today have ever seen.

Also, Angela Merkel has been a disaster for Germany - taken in over 1mm unvetted migrants that have made Germany considerably worse off, more dangerous and added nothing of any value to the country. Most Germans alive today never experienced Germany under Hitler (anyone 13 or older when Hitler died is at least 90 now), so it's not at all "troll level" or hyperbolic to say Merkel is the worst the vast majority of Germans have ever seen.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty reasonable and defensible statement on virtually every objective measure. If people don't have their heads up their asses, it's as plane as day. Not sure who you're referring to but I've always said Obama was #2 in my lifetime after Carter who was #1 (possibly of all time). Biden is giving Carter a run for his money.

Also, Angela Merkel has been a disaster for Germany - taken in over 1mm unvetted migrants that have made Germany considerably worse off, more dangerous and added nothing of any value to the country. Most Germans alive today never experienced Germany under Hitler (anyone 13 or older when Hitler died is at least 90 now), so it's not at all "troll level" or hyperbolic to say Merkel is the worst the vast majority of Germans have ever seen.

Damn.

And I thought I was feeling old just remembering watching SNL in its first season.

And I was pretty close to 13 - first episode aired about a week after my 15th birthday.

Anyways, I voted for one Democrat, Incumbent Congressman Brad Sherman - check that; I also voted for Incumbent Sheriff Villanueva, also a D - check that I also voted Rick Caruso for Mayor, who recently changed from NPP to D.

Sherman doesn?t need my vote - I live in a congressional district like Nancy Pelosi?s and AOC?s, where a glass of bottled water (we don?t drink tap water here) with a D next to it would win, but Sherman, who for a Democrat Jew on Capitol Hill is not that big of an anti-Semite - he regularly stands up against the terroristic proclivities of his caucus mates Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib; so I send out positive energy to the universe with my vote for him.

FUqfYQ1WIAMQ5zL.png

I had to cast a provisional ballot in the primary election last night because I was told I received a mail in ballot. Don't recall ever requesting or receiving a mail-in ballot. seemed a bit odd. There were 6 Republicans seeking the nom for the congressional seat, every other position was unopposed.

I don?t know what impact Dobbs is going to have on midterm elections here in Cali. I would imagine there will be much discussion.

Not going to change the district I live in, Brad Sherman will hold the seat as long as he wants.

It doesn?t rank very high on the list of priorities for American voters so I don?t expect it to have much impact, even in purple states. Whatever blip in the outrage meter will likely dissipate by election time.

It won?t matter in Cali because the electorate is mostly out-of-their-minds leftists and Cali already has one of the most extreme abortion laws in the country, which if I understand correctly isn?t overturned by today?s decision.

New Expanded nick name for Buck

"Buck Doesn't Stop Here Fiden"

Last edited:

You?re forgetting George HW Bush. He was the worst president ever before his idiot son and after Reagan.

But don?t feel bad.

He was pretty forgettable.

It isn?t even close.

It doesn?t rank very high on the list of priorities for American voters so I don?t expect it to have much impact, even in purple states. Whatever blip in the outrage meter will likely dissipate by election time.

It won?t matter in Cali because the electorate is mostly out-of-their-minds leftists and Cali already has one of the most extreme abortion laws in the country, which if I understand correctly isn?t overturned by today?s decision.

I think you?re right; that?s what I been hearing on the news. A whole lotta drama been going on here for something that really won?t effect people here that much.

In this giant blue ?country,? there are swaths of red/purple. The eleven Republicans in the HOR is more than the total number of representatives for 37 states.

Surprisingly I?m unable to find a state by state breakdown of the US HOR GOP by number. Maybe I?m just not searching right.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would guess only Texas and Florida would have more.

EDIT: I missed Ohio; twelve Rs in the HOR.

FL 16, TX 23.

So I was close.

Last edited:
I don't read 538 and none of the predictions I've seen ever indicated the GOP was likely to take the Senate. All the polls I've seen until now showed Republicans likely to take the House with the Senate a toss up. Things have been trending the other way recently, with the Dems catching a bounce in recent polls.

I'd seen 60-40 GOP in quite a few places. I like 538 but haven't read them in a while. This big of a swing is just knee jerk to the Roe v Wade stuff. I don't expect actual votes to come out of it. Libs are good at protesting, not voting.

I'd seen 60-40 GOP in quite a few places. I like 538 but haven't read them in a while. This big of a swing is just knee jerk to the Roe v Wade stuff. I don't expect actual votes to come out of it. Libs are good at protesting, not voting.

polls are pretty volatile - saw some right after the decision that indicated it gave a boost to Republicans. I'm always skeptical of polls around abortion and gun rights because (I've posted a few links about this) while those two issues dominate coverage, they barely make the list of issues voters care about. Their predictive value is pretty low.

Dick Cheney's Daughter lost and won't be returning to congress in 2023

This makes me happy

Last edited:
Back