Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

pretty disappointing results, all the republicans moved to FL, most disappointed in MI and PA clean Dem sweep in MI including the MI house/senate Whitmer will be able do whatever she wants now. The people vote for more pain

Trumps says he recommends Desantis not run in 2024, trump is planning to run again, He won't win. R's would have a better chance with Desantis it's time for Trump to shut the hell up and go away.

DeSantis is now the betting favorite to win the Republican nomination in 2024. Trump was the big loser last night.

And just look at what Trump has meant for the GOP since he won the state in 2016. Dems took control of all 3 major offices in 2018 and held them in 2022. Dems flipped the state Supreme Court in 2020. Both Dem US Senators won their seats under Trump. US House House delegation went from 8-6 Rep to 7-6 Dem. Several Dem pushed ballot proposals passed by landslides the last 3 cycles. And now in 2022, both state houses flipped to blue for the first time in 40 years.

Hey, Trump is poison to the Republican Party, be my guest if you're a Republican and refuse to acknowledge that. He's going to bury your party.

Wasn't that weird? Ron has said he didn't want to go toe to toe with Trump. Why would Trump provoke Ron?

What am I thinking? Of course it isn't weird. It's completely on brand for Trump to be the child in the room. Ron will wipe the floor with him in 2024 if he so chooses.

Your fingers to God?s ear, brother.

DeSantis is now the betting favorite to win the Republican nomination in 2024. Trump was the big loser last night.

Hey, Trump is poison to the Republican Party, be my guest if you're a Republican and refuse to acknowledge that. He's going to bury your party.

You?re preachin? to the choir, brother.

I have been talkin? about this on this here board since that miserable fat fuck rode down the escalator that day.

You?re preachin? to the choir, brother.

I have been talkin? about this on this here board since that miserable fat fuck rode down the escalator that day.

GOP leaders now know they have to cut him loose, but don't know how to do that without Trump destroying the party. I predict they'll use his impending indictment as a means to cut him loose, but they'll drastically underestimate his vindictiveness. Trump will spend all of his rallies in 2024 telling all of his cult followers never to vote Republican again because the Republicans not only weren't willing to overthrow our Democracy for him, but they then stabbed him in the back when he was indicted for stealing classified documents.

I don't know how the GOP cuts Trump lose without being completely blown out in 2024. But they have to look to 2026 and 2028 to rebuild after that.

If DeSantis runs in 2024, which it appears he will, Trump will lose the primary in 2024 and Republicans will rally behind DeSantis regardless of what Trump tries to do.

GOP leaders now know they have to cut him loose, but don't know how to do that without Trump destroying the party. I predict they'll use his impending indictment as a means to cut him loose, but they'll drastically underestimate his vindictiveness. Trump will spend all of his rallies in 2024 telling all of his cult followers never to vote Republican again because the Republicans not only weren't willing to overthrow our Democracy for him, but they then stabbed him in the back when he was indicted for stealing classified documents.

I don't know how the GOP cuts Trump lose without being completely blown out in 2024. But they have to look to 2026 and 2028 to rebuild after that.

Maybe, who knows?

What is the cult of Trump going to do?

Turn around and vote for Democrats?

I was card carrying member of the RNC in 2000, and my party nominated that idiot W.

I didn?t start voting for Democrats - I changed my voter registration and started voting third party.

When the hooligans in the Trump cult realize their hero is a loser, hopefully they?ll just stop voting.

Hopefully they?ll just fuckin? die.

getting things done, and making things better, are clearly two very different things.

very true, unlike the initial claim that more got done in Washington in the last 2 years than the previous 20 years combined - unless a horribly misguided climate bill misleadingly named an inflation reducing bill is more than the sum total of the previous 20 years of legislation.

very true, unlike the initial claim that more got done in Washington in the last 2 years than the previous 20 years combined - unless a horribly misguided climate bill misleadingly named an inflation reducing bill is more than the sum total of the previous 20 years of legislation.

$1 Trillion bipartisan infrastructure deal.
$1.2T American Rescue plan
$300B Chips deal to bring chip manufacturing back to the US
$280B bipartisan bill to help vets suffering from burn pit illnesses.

I guess the ACA was as big a deal as the top 2 in the last 20 years, but Biden has a hand in that too.

If DeSantis runs in 2024, which it appears he will, Trump will lose the primary in 2024 and Republicans will rally behind DeSantis regardless of what Trump tries to do.

Have you been living in a bubble the last 6 years? If Trump loses the primary you think he's the type to accept defeat and just give up? LOL

It's going to be a circus act, and there will be a lot more clowns coming out of the 'Trump' car than you think.

If Trump loses the primary you think he's the type to accept defeat and just give up? LOL

It's going to be a circus act, and there will be a lot more clowns coming out of the 'Trump' car than you think.

Absolutely, there will definitely be riots - that motherfucker threatened riots in Cleveland if he lost a brokered election in 2016.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5vkrtsDX74

Maybe the George Floyd riots crowd will show up too, and they can all just kill each other.

All the Trumpster will be asking each other ?which one is Enrique Tarrio? They all look alike. We don?t want to kill that guy - he?s one of us!?

Have you been living in a bubble the last 6 years? If Trump loses the primary you think he's the type to accept defeat and just give up? LOL

No, I haven?t been living in a bubble - I don?t think he will just accept defeat. That?s why I clearly said people will rally behind DeSantis regardless of what Trump does. LOL

Of course there will be some holdout trump loyalists, no one is going to get 100% support in either party, but DeSantis is a strong, America first politician who hits back but without all the baggage you get with Trump - that will go a long way.

Last edited:

I guess the ACA was as big a deal as the top 2 in the last 20 years, but Biden has a hand in that too.

I already mentioned the misnamed disastrous climate bill.

You think increasing the deficit more than your predecessor (American Rescue Plan) with little result, corporate welfare (chip deal) inline with previous wasteful corporate welfare is getting stuff done? By the way, the chip companies are already coming back for more - they're all saying it needs to be at least 3-5x bigger.

Not exactly sure I'd agree that massive government waste is getting things done, especially given the complete lack of evidence that it's doing much other than making things worse, much like the ACA. That was nothing more than a giant handout to big pharma and a massive expansion of medicaid. They could have just expanded medicaid without also making private insurance worse but they needed to sell a story to rubes that the free market doesn't work in healthcare even though healthcare in America isn't remotely a free market. Go ahead and give Biden all the credit you want for that one too. Add it to his list of giant failures

No, I haven?t been living in a bubble - I don?t think he will just accept defeat. That?s why I clearly said people will rally behind DeSantis regardless of what Trump does. LOL

Of course there will be some holdout trump loyalists, no one is going to get 100% support in either party, but DeSantis is a strong, America first politician who hits back but without all the baggage you get with Trump - that will go a long way.

Trump is considered a literal religious figure to about 1/3 of his cult followers. Unless Trump is telling this 1/3 to vote for DeSantis, they won't be voting for DeSantis. I believe the rest of the GOP will rally around DeSantis though, and if he becomes a little more moderate he might be able to reach more independents than Trump. If Trump takes his ball and goes home though, that 1/3 is going with him.

It's a really complicated problem for Republican leadership. Do you cut him loose now with the hope that you can rebuild things in the next 2 years and that Trump will lose interest over that time? Or do you ride it out until the primaries and hope DeSantis beating him then doesn't cause more damage to the party? Or do you ride the Trump Train all the way to the bottom?

I think a lot of party leaders probably just are hoping he drops dead. And I think if he's indicted, it will be too good of an opportunity to pass up for them to use as a reason to cut him loose. We'll see.

Absolutely.

DeSantis is an American hero - I have no doubt you are familiar with his resume, everyone should look him up - he?s literally an alum of Seal Team 1.

More and more are awakening to the realization that he had the pandemic right from the start, because unlike political leaders beholdened to special interests, he followed the science - protect the vulnerable, and let life go on.

He?ll mop the floor with Trump.

He?s a god damn Navy Seal who did special ops in Fallujah - he?s going to be afraid of that old fat fucker born on a gold shitter who never really accomplished a fuckin? thing on his own, except for maybe duping a bunch of nitwits?

I think not much.

Trump is considered a literal religious figure to about 1/3 of his cult followers. Unless Trump is telling this 1/3 to vote for DeSantis, they won't be voting for DeSantis. I believe the rest of the GOP will rally around DeSantis though, and if he becomes a little more moderate he might be able to reach more independents than Trump. If Trump takes his ball and goes home though, that 1/3 is going with him.

It's a really complicated problem for Republican leadership. Do you cut him loose now with the hope that you can rebuild things in the next 2 years and that Trump will lose interest over that time? Or do you ride it out until the primaries and hope DeSantis beating him then doesn't cause more damage to the party? Or do you ride the Trump Train all the way to the bottom?

I think a lot of party leaders probably just are hoping he drops dead. And I think if he's indicted, it will be too good of an opportunity to pass up for them to use as a reason to cut him loose. We'll see.

Who knows?

I think if DeSantis goes balls to the wall Trump like against Trump after Trump throws the first volley, he could win over some of the nut jobs.

?Mr. ex - president, who was a loser last time, between the two of us, one of us was a Navy Seal doing special ops in Fallujah - and it wasn?t you, you fat old miserable born on third base thinking you had hit a triple pussy at heart.?

I would listen.

is DeSantis trying to claim he was like Rambo? He was a JAG at Gitmo...! He was the paper pusher in the back office rubber stamping torture

The ACA was more than a big deal - it was a big fuckin? deal.

As Tom Dalton pointed out in #202, l lot and good might not be the same -as the Zen master says, we?ll see.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2cjVhUrmII

That said, I?m glad to see you posting on this board. I agree with you on some stuff, I respectfully disagree with you on some stuff, but you definitely in my opinion are making a contribution.

And you seem to know way more about this shit then you know about college sports.

Because you don?t know shit about college sports.

Back