Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

is DeSantis trying to claim he was like Rambo? He was a JAG at Gitmo...! He was the paper pusher in the back office rubber stamping torture

Wikipedia - your favorite source - tells otherwise.

It says he was active duty special ops seal team one.

Trump is considered a literal religious figure to about 1/3 of his cult followers. Unless Trump is telling this 1/3 to vote for DeSantis, they won't be voting for DeSantis. I believe the rest of the GOP will rally around DeSantis though, and if he becomes a little more moderate he might be able to reach more independents than Trump. If Trump takes his ball and goes home though, that 1/3 is going with him.

It's a really complicated problem for Republican leadership. Do you cut him loose now with the hope that you can rebuild things in the next 2 years and that Trump will lose interest over that time? Or do you ride it out until the primaries and hope DeSantis beating him then doesn't cause more damage to the party? Or do you ride the Trump Train all the way to the bottom?

I think a lot of party leaders probably just are hoping he drops dead. And I think if he's indicted, it will be too good of an opportunity to pass up for them to use as a reason to cut him loose. We'll see.

it's not a complicated problem and the party isn't going to fall apart. The party is probably stronger for rejecting charlatans like Cheney, Kinzinger, McMullen and all the Lincoln Project idiots. Also, this election wasn't the repudiation of Trump it's being made out to be - he had some wins and some losses but so did the non-Trump wing of the party (like in Colorado). You still have plenty of governors, senators and reps changing the party for the better from the inside. You're watching too much CNN and MSNBC.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

DeSantis is an American hero - I have no doubt you are familiar with his resume, everyone should look him up - he?s literally an alum of Seal Team 1.

More and more are awakening to the realization that he had the pandemic right from the start, because unlike political leaders beholdened to special interests, he followed the science - protect the vulnerable, and let life go on.

He?ll mop the floor with Trump.

He?s a god damn Navy Seal who did special ops in Fallujah - he?s going to be afraid of that old fat fucker born on a gold shitter who never really accomplished a fuckin? thing on his own, except for maybe duping a bunch of nitwits?

I think not much.

he wasn't a seal but he worked closely with a seal team as an advisor during a deployment in Iraq. Your point is still valid - he's not the type to back down and he has the resume and track record that will draw support from a lot of Trump voters.

Last edited:
he wasn't a seal but he worked closely with a seal team as an advisor during a deployment in Iraq. Your point is still valid - he's not the type to back down and he has the resume and track record that will draw support from a lot of Trump voters.

Okay.

My B.

I just reread it.

Advisor to Seal Team One.

On my first reading ?seal team on one? jumped out at me.

Still way better than Orange man bad.

Is it OK now for people who wanted a different Republican in 2016, and who want a different Republican in 2024, to start referring to Trump as ?orange man bad??

I guess technically I also wanted a different republican in 2020, I did vote for Tulsi.

Or is that still too much like the libs?

The ACA was more than a big deal - it was a big fuckin? deal.

As Tom Dalton pointed out in #202, l lot and good might not be the same -as the Zen master says, we?ll see.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2cjVhUrmII

That said, I?m glad to see you posting on this board. I agree with you on some stuff, I respectfully disagree with you on some stuff, but you definitely in my opinion are making a contribution.

And you seem to know way more about this shit then you know about college sports.

Because you don?t know shit about college sports.

I disagree - like with the college sports commentary the politics content is overloaded with irrelevant, misleading or incorrect information to create an illusion of credibility, but the opinions/conclusions have the same value.

Okay.

My B.

I just reread it.

Advisor to Seal Team One.

On my first reading ?seal team on one? jumped out at me.

Still way better than Orange man bad.

Is it OK now for people who wanted a different Republican in 2016, and who want a different Republican in 2024, to start referring to Trump as ?orange man bad??

I guess technically I also wanted a different republican in 2020, I did vote for Tulsi.

Or is that still too much like the libs?

still, even if he didn't go through BUDS and become a seal, sounds like he was on the ground with them in Iraq - very possible he saw/did some things most people don't have the stones for.

still, even if he didn't go through BUDS and become a seal, sounds like he was on the ground with them in Iraq - very possible he saw/did some things most people don't have the stones for.

"very possible"... ha. Yeah, maybe he got one of those really bad paper cuts from his cardboard manila file folders.

you know, not the regular paper cuts you and I might get loading the printer paper when it runs out in the office... file folder paper cuts hurt bad.

and in the office we have the first aid kit with bandaids. He probably didn't have one of those in Iraq when he was with the tough army guys.

"very possible"... ha. Yeah, maybe he got one of those really bad paper cuts from his cardboard manila file folders.

you know, not the regular paper cuts you and I might get loading the printer paper when it runs out in the office... file folder paper cuts hurt bad.

and in the office we have the first aid kit with bandaids. He probably didn't have one of those in Iraq when he was with the tough army guys.

What I can tell ya?

Apparently the majority of people in his state think he?s a good governor.

In no big news, Gavin Newsom was re-elected here by almost the same margin that DeSantis won by.

Gavin didn?t get no paper cuts in the Navy.

People are weird.

He was in Lawyer in the Navy, so he wasn't hanging with tough army guys.

Unlike Navy Seals, I'm sure he was a huge pussy...most lawyers are ;)

Trump is considered a literal religious figure to about 1/3 of his cult followers. Unless Trump is telling this 1/3 to vote for DeSantis, they won't be voting for DeSantis. I believe the rest of the GOP will rally around DeSantis though, and if he becomes a little more moderate he might be able to reach more independents than Trump. If Trump takes his ball and goes home though, that 1/3 is going with him.

It's a really complicated problem for Republican leadership. Do you cut him loose now with the hope that you can rebuild things in the next 2 years and that Trump will lose interest over that time? Or do you ride it out until the primaries and hope DeSantis beating him then doesn't cause more damage to the party? Or do you ride the Trump Train all the way to the bottom?

I think a lot of party leaders probably just are hoping he drops dead. And I think if he's indicted, it will be too good of an opportunity to pass up for them to use as a reason to cut him loose. We'll see.

I honestly believe if Trump does announce, and gets defeated in the primary, he'll go 3rd party. And because Trump loyalists are sycophants, he'll cause enough of a split to give sleepy Joe a 2nd term easily.

The MAGA party, coming to a zoo near you.

I can see why you'd be so jealous of the guy - you're basically the same age but your resumes couldn't be more different. He went to Yale where he played baseball then got his JD from Harvard before serving in the military in a combat zone and was just re-elected to a second term as governor of one of the biggest states in the country. Whereas you like to pretend you went to the equivalent of an Ivy League school (you didn't) then got your JD from some retread law school to go on to a career as an unaccomplished corporate lawyer who is also a communist that despises for-profit corporations and the hardest work you've done in the last 15 years is digging out a couple bushes in your yard which you cried about on this forum because you got a couple blisters doing it. Don't worry, you still have a chance to be more successful than Bernie Sanders (he's never really done anything), but probably not as rich unless you can convince a bunch of rubes like you to buy a book recounting your lack of accomplishments.

Last edited:
I honestly believe if Trump does announce, and gets defeated in the primary, he'll go 3rd party. And because Trump loyalists are sycophants, he'll cause enough of a split to give sleepy Joe a 2nd term easily.

The MAGA party, coming to a zoo near you.

Here?s how we know Trump?s ego and brain work. If the GOP cuts him loose, he will want to do everything in his power to destroy them so he can then say, ?see, look at how much worse they do without me!? That?s his drive to the core.

If DeSantis is smart he makes his move now or as soon as Trump is indicted. That?s the power move and the smart move for DeSantis.

Last edited:
On the plus side for Republicans, if dementia addled Biden wants to run in 2024, Dems are stuck with him - only complete incapacitation or him bowing out (which he obviously would never do) can prevent him from getting the nom.

Last edited:
Clark Co NV just found another 22 thousand drop box votes they won?t have finished counting until Saturday. What a fukcing joke

Clark Co NV and Maricopa Co AZ are a national disgrace

Clark Co NV just found another 22 thousand drop box votes they won?t have finished counting until Saturday. What a fukcing joke

Clark Co NV and Maricopa Co AZ are a national disgrace

I live here. I just stay in my house and pretend nothing can go wrong.

On the plus side for Republicans, if dementia addled Biden wants to run in 2024, Dems are stuck with him - only complete incapacitation or him bowing out (which he obviously would never do) can prevent him from getting the nom.

correcting a major oversight in this post...thank you Katy Tur for pointing this out when she mentioned John Fetterman could run for President and win in 2024. This would be in keeping with the Dems new trend of propping up dementia or stroke addled mentally incompetent puppets. It would be funny if it wasn't so shamelessly selfish of the people exploiting them (mainly Dem operatives and their spouses).

correcting a major oversight in this post...thank you Katy Tur for pointing this out when she mentioned John Fetterman could run for President and win in 2024. This would be in keeping with the Dems new trend of propping up dementia or stroke addled mentally incompetent puppets. It would be funny if it wasn't so shamelessly selfish of the people exploiting them (mainly Dem operatives and their spouses).

I feel like that says more about the shitters losing to them, in this case 'authentic candidates' like Trump and Dr Oz.

Also, Herschel Walker says hello.'

DeSantis will absolutely crush a debate against Biden. Take the W imo.

Last edited:
I feel like that says more about the shitters losing to them, in this case 'authentic candidates' like Trump and Dr Oz.

in 1.5 years, I think a potato would have a good chance to win a debate against Biden.

I think it says at least as much if not more about the hyper partisan sheep and/or ignorant fools that voted for them - especially considering a good amount of the hatred comes from lies and "misinformation" or "disinformation"

I guess for Fetterman, you could make the case he was the beneficiary of being down ticket from a guy that outspent his gubenatorial opponent $44mm to $3mm. Still, that doesn't justify putting a mentally handicapped stroke victim into a job he's clearly not up for.

Last edited:
Back