Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

If you've ever heard of the saying "They shot themselves in the foot" it might make sense to you.

Yeah, I?m familiar with the term, my read on the comparison is a little more nuanced.

In the first spoof, where DeSantis hogged the red wave for himself - funny - it was pointed out that Trump backed candidates might have been a drag on the red wave - which could be true to a degree.

In the other article, establishment Republicans are dismayed that MAGA candidates countered the stifling of the success of the the red wave - the perspectives are contradictory.

I didn?t pay that much attention to who was Trump backed and who was Trump selected.

I guess one could argue that Oz, the New Hampshire guy, the AZ guy and Hershel were more Trump selected. Maybe the Ohio guy and the Carolina guy who won were more Trump backed - maybe they were gonna get their nomination with or without Trump like Yokel or whatever his name is in the VA Republican gub primary. Also Ohio and Carolina lean pretty red anyway.

Trump fairly famously had a rally for little Marco that excluded DeSanctimonious - probably purposefully for that reason.

There is no way that Marco could be described as Trump selected.

I don?t know there?s any proof that Moscow Mitch is resentful of the Republican success in Ohio or Carolina.

The second spoof was a sloppy piece of satire.

It really wasn?t making a cohesive point to me.

It happens.

The Onion don?t hit all home runs neither.

Nor did I when I was doing it.

And I still don?t do it when I do it here.

Yeah, I?m familiar with the term, my read on the comparison is a little more nuanced.

In the first spoof, where DeSantis hogged the red wave for himself - funny - it was pointed out that Trump backed candidates might have been a drag on the red wave - which could be true to a degree.

In the other article, establishment Republicans are dismayed that MAGA candidates countered the stifling of the success of the the red wave - the perspectives are contradictory.

I didn?t pay that much attention to who was Trump backed and who was Trump selected.

I guess one could argue that Oz, the New Hampshire guy, the AZ guy and Hershel were more Trump selected. Maybe the Ohio guy and the Carolina guy who won were more Trump backed - maybe they were gonna get their nomination with or without Trump like Yokel or whatever his name is in the VA Republican gub primary. Also Ohio and Carolina lean pretty red anyway.

Trump fairly famously had a rally for little Marco that excluded DeSanctimonious - probably purposefully for that reason.

There is no way that Marco could be described as Trump selected.

I don?t know there?s any proof that Moscow Mitch is resentful of the Republican success in Ohio or Carolina.

The second spoof was a sloppy piece of satire.

It really wasn?t making a cohesive point to me.

It happens.

The Onion don?t hit all home runs neither.

Nor did I when I was doing it.

And I still don?t do it when I do it here.

Trump probably just wanted to take credit for Rubio and snub desantis at the same time.

from everything I've read, it seems a bit disingenuous of the media and Republican establishment to blame it ALL on Trump. If you look at who the RNC chose to support, it's pretty clear they abandoned a lot of Trump backed candidates in key swing states. For example, Whitmer outspent Tudor Dixon $48mm to $3.8mm. The Republican Gov candidate in PA was outspent $44mm to $3mm - that has to have had an impact on the down-ticket senate race unless Democrats are really that ignorant and/or heartless that they would elect a mentally handicapped sack of potatoes because they hate Republicans that much.

Plenty of blame to go around including for both Trump and the RNC but it's pretty clear, this midterm wasn't so much a repudiation of Republican policies or even Trump himself as it was an election bought and paid for by special interests.

Last edited:
autocorrect was my first thought but not sure how I would have mistyped it to get that result.

Every time I do a mistype that unlikely I figure I just got the words mixed up or it was autocorrect.

So I always pick autocorrect.

Plausible deniability.

fuck, just when I come around to thinking Trump gumming up DC is actually the best possibly outcome for all, his retarded base has to go and abandon him in favor of a douchenozzle like Ron DeSantis

IW poll Trump 42% DeSantis 40%

DeSantis is trump - the jackholyness

Last edited:
For example, Whitmer outspent Tudor Dixon $48mm to $3.8mm.

Sort of off topic but I read last week that a promised $100k donation from the Michigan Republican Party never came through depsite being promised. A middle finger from the GOP to Trump? When your own party doesn't come through, that's pretty damning to your chances.

I also think until campaign financing is reigned in (lol) you have to be careful choosing a political nobody like Dixon. Craig or Johnson would have made for much stronger opposition, a shame they both got busted for forged signatures before the primary.

Sort of off topic but I read last week that a promised $100k donation from the Michigan Republican Party never came through depsite being promised. A middle finger from the GOP to Trump? When your own party doesn't come through, that's pretty damning to your chances.

I also think until campaign financing is reigned in (lol) you have to be careful choosing a political nobody like Dixon. Craig or Johnson would have made for much stronger opposition, a shame they both got busted for forged signatures before the primary.

so it should have been $48mm to $3.9mm? $100k is at best a token donation - it would have sent the same message.

Just to be clear, the point of my post was not meant as a defense of Trump - it was an indictment of the Republican leadership and they deserve as much of the blame as anyone else. Grown men and women acting like petty children - they're destroying themselves from within and all because they're buying into the orange man bad garbage from their opponents.

Trump may be bad but when ballot initiatives allowing for born alive babies to be left to die without medical assistance is on the ballot, he's not the greater of two evils.

Last edited:
so it should have been $48mm to $3.9mm? $100k is at best a token donation - it would have sent the same message.

Just to be clear, the point of my post was not meant as a defense of Trump - it was an indictment of the Republican leadership and they deserve as much of the blame as anyone else. Grown men and women acting like petty children - they're destroying themselves from within and all because they're buying into the orange man bad garbage from their opponents.

Trump may be bad but when ballot initiatives allowing for born alive babies to be left to die without medical assistance is on the ballot, he's not the greater of two evils.

My point obviously wasn't that the $100k would've have made a difference. But it just paints a picture that she didn't have the backing of who she was supposed to represent. She most likely never would've been the candidate under normal circumstances.

And while I agree that Dixon's lack of support contributed down ballot, proposal 3 looked like a slam dunk all along and the numbers seem to agree. There are multiple counties that went for Dixon but swung 'Yes' for prop 3. In fact, I think all 5 or 6 states that had some sort of reproductive freedom/product the babies proposal ended up going a way most conservatives wouldn't like. I say most because it's clear with these results, which included Montana and Kentucky, that the gap is widening on this issue.

IW poll Trump 42% DeSantis 40%

DeSantis is trump - the jackholyness

We interpret that poll differently. Source aside, I would argue that's great news for DeSantis. He's pulled even on that poll with a guy who was leagues ahead of him and he still has almost two years to build more momentum which is easier to do while in office then Trump who is just yelling into a mic doing nothing of substance.

Forbes has the gap wider but shows a massive swing in momentum for DeSantis.

We interpret that poll differently. Source aside, I would argue that's great news for DeSantis. He's pulled even on that poll with a guy who was leagues ahead of him and he still has almost two years to build more momentum which is easier to do while in office then Trump who is just yelling into a mic doing nothing of substance.

Forbes has the gap wider but shows a massive swing in momentum for DeSantis.

I'd like to see Trump still have an important position in a DeSantis administration but I can no longer back him after seeing how it goes after those on his side just as soon as he feels slighted. There is zero reason for it, It's too much even for me. He needs to STFU and let an adult finish what he started.

Last edited:
How bad the 2022 election was for the GOP, historically speaking
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...Orf_lG6Q-ZD5WcMO7ygvI4_hYIKAZFxF1Dza1XyTtOv0A

"This would be the first time since 1986 ? and only the second time since 1934 ? that the opposition party has had a net loss of governor?s seats. Only once in the past 100 years has the opposition party lost both Senate seats and governor?s mansions: 1934. Republicans could feasibly do that. The opposition party has gained state legislative chambers in every midterm election held since 2002, flipping an average of more than 12 chambers. Republicans have currently lost at least three chambers ? both chambers in Michigan, and the Minnesota state Senate ? and appear as though they?ll lose the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, as well."

It?s a shame that Republicans Democrats can?t get together and help the American people.
I find it very disheartening that this country is so divided.
My guess if a killer Asteroid was going to doom the planet we would fight over how to do.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Trump still have an important position in a DeSantis administration but I can no longer back him after seeing how it goes after those on his side just as soon as he feels slighted. There is zero reason for it, It's too much even for me. He needs to STFU and let an adult finish what he started.

"I liked when he bullied politicians until he bullied the politician I like."

GOP fed this monster. Now they are responsible for killing it.

How bad the 2022 election was for the GOP, historically speaking
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...Orf_lG6Q-ZD5WcMO7ygvI4_hYIKAZFxF1Dza1XyTtOv0A

"This would be the first time since 1986 ? and only the second time since 1934 ? that the opposition party has had a net loss of governor?s seats. Only once in the past 100 years has the opposition party lost both Senate seats and governor?s mansions: 1934. Republicans could feasibly do that. The opposition party has gained state legislative chambers in every midterm election held since 2002, flipping an average of more than 12 chambers. Republicans have currently lost at least three chambers ? both chambers in Michigan, and the Minnesota state Senate ? and appear as though they?ll lose the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, as well."

Yikes. I didn't realize it was that bad.

It?s a shame that Republicans Democrats can?t get together and help the American people.
I find it very disheartening that this country is so divided.
My guess if a killer Asteroid was going to doom the planet we would fight over how to do.

I think NASA just got that covered. I think the protocol is in place for whichever party is in the White House.

I think NASA just got that covered. I think the protocol is in place for whichever party is in the White House.

Honestly I think Bob is right on the money here.

I have a feeling anymore that the two parties care more about seeing the other lose/fail than they do about helping themselves, or their constituents.

Case in point is we now have a President NOBODY wanted....unless it meant getting Trump out of the White House. It used to be the parties wanted to WIN, now they just want to see the other side to LOSE.

There is no major Democrat or Republican even close to running I'd feel comfortable with in 2024

Democrats officially hold the Senate. 50-49 heading into the GA runoff.

The House is still in play. Crazy, looking like 219-216 GOP control is the worst case now for Dems.

Democrats officially hold the Senate. 50-49 heading into the GA runoff.

The House is still in play. Crazy, looking like 219-216 GOP control is the worst case now for Dems.

Republicans nominated some really, really bad candidates in key Senate races (shocking given Republicans? recent history in presidential nominations).

I don?t know how, and I?m a little surprised why, Republicans did so relatively poorly in the HOR races.

I guess I?ll have to go back and forth between Joy Reid, Ben Shapiro, Rachel Maddow and Tucker Carlson to figure it out.

Maybe I?ll throw in a little Chris Cuomo. He?s back on some network that claims to be non-partisan.

Back