Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

that's what I said

Yeah, was agreeing with you. Lately I feel the point needs to be driven home.

I've seen multiple opinions in the last couple days that the states need to all move to an electoral college type system because Farmer Bob believes he and his 20 acres of subsidized corn deserves a bigger voting shares.

I've seen multiple opinions in the last couple days that the states need to all move to an electoral college type system because Farmer Bob believes he and his 20 acres of subsidized corn deserves a bigger voting shares.

Government subsidies. In the country the government incentivizes farmers to grow corn. In the city they incentivize single moms to grow more babies. :clap:

So you were just lying about the democratic platform. Sure thing.

And minors have always been able to get court orders if say they get pregnant from being raped by their father.

No, I?m not lying about the Democrat platform. Go ahead and look for yourself - you won?t find a single mention of restrictions on abortion just like you won?t find a single Dem candidate or elected official that will agree to one let alone try to pass any.

And in Michigan, how does a minor prove their baby is their fathers? Is there any requirement that they even ask, how about performing a fetal DNA test, is that a requirement?

Last edited:

The founding fathers would probably agree, at least on a national level - that?s why they put in the electoral college, to prevent the tyranny of the majority. They understood that mankind on the whole is selfish and dumb - and easily misled. Immorality and evil is still immoral and evil even if a majority of people vote in favor of it.

Last edited:
And Hobbs wins the AZ governorship. Another election denying extremist goes down in Kari Lake.

How extreme is our Supreme Court?

This extreme. So some people are aware that the Senate is voting to codify gay marriage this week or next. Because they need to protect gay marriage from the extremist Supreme Court, so they've cobbled together 10 or so Republicans who believe that gay people are human beings too and they're going to pass it. What is also in the bill is codifying interracial marriage. Yes, they have to protect interracial marriage from the extremist supreme court, 6 members of whom were named by the party that has lost 7 or the last 8 popular votes for the President. And one of those 6 extremists is in a freaking interracial marriage.

That's how far far far outside the middle the Republicans have become, their hand picked zealots for the SCOTUS are a threat to interracial marriage. Let that sink in for a minute.

This extreme. So some people are aware that the Senate is voting to codify gay marriage this week or next. Because they need to protect gay marriage from the extremist Supreme Court, so they've cobbled together 10 or so Republicans who believe that gay people are human beings too and they're going to pass it. What is also in the bill is codifying interracial marriage. Yes, they have to protect interracial marriage from the extremist supreme court, 6 members of whom were named by the party that has lost 7 or the last 8 popular votes for the President. And one of those 6 extremists is in a freaking interracial marriage.

That's how far far far outside the middle the Republicans have become, their hand picked zealots for the SCOTUS are a threat to interracial marriage. Let that sink in for a minute.

How dumb are Dem voters?

You can make up stories about what the boogeymen (and boogeywoman) on the Supreme Court will do without any evidence and they?ll believe it. Some people are so dumb they believe it when someone tells them the Supreme Court is going to outlaw interracial marriage and one of the boogeymen who is going to do it is a black man married to a white woman. Yea, they?re literally that stupid.

They?ll also use extreme hyperbole like ?anyone who doesn?t support gay marriage thinks gay people aren?t human beings? and that they have to waste time crafting meaningless legislation to "protect democracy" and the rubes will believe that too. Then they?ll push extreme, radical antiscientific gender and ahistorical race theory to divide everyone by race or other immutable characteristics and label the other side "extreme" in order to push through their radical agenda and their base will eat that up as well.

Last edited:

you might have a case that the supreme court is "extreme" if they actually did reverse it. However, you speculating that they "could some day" reverse the legality of gay marriage or interratial marriage doesn't make it extreme.

you might have a case that the supreme court is "extreme" if they actually did reverse it. However, you speculating that they "could some day" reverse the legality of gay marriage or interratial marriage doesn't make it extreme.

My guess is our friend Johnny2x has never actually read Dobbs. Had he done so, he would know that in fact the inter-racial marriage jurist wrote a a separate supporting opinion suggesting that in fact the court possibly should revisit the cases that protected birth control and gay marriage, but not the case that protected inter-racial marriage.

Which is kind of amusing.

My guess is our friend Johnny2x has never actually read Dobbs. Had he done so, he would know that in fact the inter-racial marriage jurist wrote a a separate supporting opinion suggesting that in fact the court possibly should revisit the cases that protected birth control and gay marriage, but not the case that protected inter-racial marriage.

Which is kind of amusing.

dobbs, roe, prop 3 - I'm sure the list of things he hasn't read but is comfortable sharing his expert opinion of is quite long...

I'm certain he's unaware his team's own Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a staunch abortion rights proponent said that Roe was wrongly decided.

Last edited:
ee39f7dafb823390.jpeg

https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/24...-right-to-contraception-is-also-under-threat/

?n future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court?s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,? he wrote, referring to the Supreme Court cases that found a privacy-enshrined right to contraception, sexual contact with someone of the same sex, and same-sex marriage. Thomas, who is Black, did not explicitly mention interracial marriage in his statement, though the Supreme Court ruling, Loving v. Virginia, is founded on the same legal principle.

This is why Congress is moving to protect Loving and Obergefell this week. They aren't doing it for shits and giggles, they're doing it because the extremist SCOTUS clearly signaled they're in the crosshairs too. And all justices save for Thomas brought up Loving during arguments. They should probably codify Griswold and Lawrence too lest the SCOTUS outlaws contraception and sex outside of marriage next.

Trump's big announcement tonight. Any guesses? Will he declare this infrastructure week? Is he going to announce his health care plan will be ready in 2 weeks? Nah, he's running for President again, so he can finish decimating the Republican Party. More power to him.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/24...-right-to-contraception-is-also-under-threat/

?n future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court?s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,? he wrote, referring to the Supreme Court cases that found a privacy-enshrined right to contraception, sexual contact with someone of the same sex, and same-sex marriage. Thomas, who is Black, did not explicitly mention interracial marriage in his statement, though the Supreme Court ruling, Loving v. Virginia, is founded on the same legal principle.

This is why Congress is moving to protect Loving and Obergefell this week. They aren't doing it for shits and giggles, they're doing it because the extremist SCOTUS clearly signaled they're in the crosshairs too. And all justices save for Thomas brought up Loving during arguments. They should probably codify Griswold and Lawrence too lest the SCOTUS outlaws contraception and sex outside of marriage next.

R.cccc72d2ee370cfd0b2138bdabbffb47

Edit: You do realize the Supreme Court is not the legislature and that overturning a case doesn't outlaw anything whether it's contraception or gay marriage, right? Just like overturning Roe didn't outlaw or ban abortion.

Clearly, you don't like it when someone points out that something you like isn't actually a constitutionally protected right - the fact that you don't like it doesn't make it extreme.

Last edited:
The first time a democrat speaks out against anti-semitism. Of course it?s not surprising the subject has nothing to do with anti-semitism. Keep trying.

I have no idea what the cartoon is about. I don?t know who Sam Bankman Fried is, I just looked him up. Apparently a crypto king who went broke. I guess he?s culturally Jewish. I don?t know that that makes the little cartoon antisemitic.

these crypto retards - specifically FTX - gave millions to the GOP too. I'm looking at a pic of Caroline Pham, GOP appointed commodities regulator for the CFTC posing for a pic with that clown and his partner right now on twitter.

for anyone on the Right to pretend like they weren't equally scammed by this crap (if not more) is disingenuous, but expected...

So now this site is allowing blatant antisemetic propaganda? Truly sick people.

There's no point in calling them out on this. They just deny it, and project it back on you.

It's more amusing seeing them now try to pretend crypto was a scam OTHER people fell for, not them, given the history here. Case in point:

I've been studying it for a few weeks now and playing around with it with lottery money bought into an ethereum competitor cheap. Eventually could see this becoming gold backed and looks like one can even obtain gold money with crypto, interesting stuff.

Approx 80m baby boomers
50m generation x'ers (me)
89m millennials

Whether you like it or not (I for one do not) but the future is digital money, the kids out number us, and this is what they are in to, after a super large crash wouldn't be surprised if the banks find away to take it all over and enslave us all into this beast coin or whatever derivative they cook up. But heck throw a few darts at some alt coins and tuck it away for a few years. The increased demands on the electrical grids from all the Mining and blockchain will drive innovation and force us to finally rebuild the grid which is long over due, need to protect it againts emp and or cme before it's too late.

The world is changing at an ever increasing pace, heck just updated my iPhone to iOS 11 today and now it keeps bugging me to set up an apply pay account. NO! Leave me alone don't want no damn Apple Pay account which is just another digital money system, one of hundreds out there. Everybody's got thier own, there is even one for pot shops potcion

Futures market starts for bitcion tommorrow that will let the bankers short the shit out of it now, when everybody is shouting I told you so about it crashing and being a bubble I'll be slowing throwing darts at alt coins at much lower prices and backing up the wallets for the safe then see what survived and still there in 5-10 years, it will only take one, gold will benefit from this greatly as well IMO, eventually I can see this being used as a way to flush debt out of the system into a new system backed by gold slowly of course as to not cause major disruption

to be fair... looks like by the end of that thread, Tigermud was no longer on the crypto bus

Back