Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

again, who is saying these things? Certainly nobody on this forum. Not a single right leaning person I know or associate with. You seem to take a few extremist's points of views and lump everyone in with them.

Literally candidates that just ran for office? I know the Pennsylvania GOP governor nominee had pretty staunch anti LGBT stances including gay marriage and adoption.

To your point though, he got his ass handed to him by 800,000 votes (15% margin). So support for those out dated policies championed by our grandparents seems to be waning.

But he did have 2.2m people vote for him, so the views might not be fringe just yet.

Left wing 2016 election denier set to become new minority leader in the house

That was pretty funny when some reporter asked Trump why he hated the gays, and he was like "oh no, that's his deal" and pointed at Mike Pence.

I actually miss Trump. If Elon REALLY wanted to save twitter, he'd let him back on.

Am I now the only one on this board glad that Trump declared he's running again?

I'd honestly vote for him over Biden.

if it comes down to Rhonda DeSantos vs. Biden, I just won't vote.

"Rhonda DeSantos" that's a good one, you're really bringing the heat. Which uber funny communist satire page did you get zinger from?

That?s one way to remedy addiction.

yep, death is pretty effective. Even worked for this guy - he's celebrating 13yrs, 2 months and 24 days of sobriety...

2009080756.jpg

Last edited:
capital punishment for drug addiction is one of those classic GOP voter hypocrises... where they are all for criminalizing something & policing it brutally until someone they know has it or suffers from it.

"Wait guys, my kid had a drug problem. It's not always as simple to stop using them as you think."

"Hey, my kid is gay, and I love him/her. Maybe we shouldn't stone all homosexuals to death."

coming soon: "My own kid had gender identity issues and became a woman/man. Maybe we shouldn't bully transgender people to suicide and laugh about it?"

I'm pretty sure capital punishment for drug addiction isn't on the GOP platform or is being proposed by any candidates nor do any of them support bullying trans or other kids at all let alone to teh point of suicide. You're trying way too hard with this one.

Last edited:
"Now you see here: I never advocated stoning homosexuals to death. I just wanted to legally deny them human rights such as marriage, and the right to adopt or have kids, and I was okay with allowing private companies to openly discriminate against them and call them perverts and degenerates. Have you no sense of decency, sir?"

yeah, nobody says any of that either. This whole "if you don't agree with me, you hate 'xyz' identity group, are committing violence against them, want to deny them things and drive them to suicide" has gotten pretty tired and isn't working anymore. You only have yourself to blame.

Last edited:
Literally candidates that just ran for office? I know the Pennsylvania GOP governor nominee had pretty staunch anti LGBT stances including gay marriage and adoption.

To your point though, he got his ass handed to him by 800,000 votes (15% margin). So support for those out dated policies championed by our grandparents seems to be waning.

But he did have 2.2m people vote for him, so the views might not be fringe just yet.

gay marriage and adoption aren't "human rights" and it's not extreme to hold traditional views of what a marriage and/or family is. The state shouldn't even be involved in who marries who - that's also not an extreme position. Conflating these things with actual human rights (life, liberty, freedom of expression, etc) and saying things like 'people who oppose gay marriage are committing violence against the LGBTQ community" is the extreme position. The people who make these absurd claims are also the people saying things like killing a million babies a year is morally superior to being pro-life - defending babies in the womb is the dangerous position. That's absurd. It's taking extreme positions then accusing the opposition of being extremists - it's pure nonsense. The left has massively overplayed their hand and these accusations have lost their weight.

Last edited:
Republicans plan to go after hunter and the big guy, dems continue to go after trump. what next Hillary decides to run again? Maybe Obama? he'd probably win.

gay marriage and adoption aren't "human rights" and it's not extreme to hold traditional views of what a marriage and/or family is. The state shouldn't even be involved in who marries who - that's also not an extreme position. Conflating these things with actual human rights (life, liberty, freedom of expression, etc) and saying things like 'people who oppose gay marriage are committing violence against the LGBTQ community" is the extreme position. The people who make these absurd claims are also the people saying things like killing a million babies a year is morally superior to being pro-life - defending babies in the womb is the dangerous position. That's absurd. It's taking extreme positions then accusing the opposition of being extremists - it's pure nonsense. The left has massively overplayed their hand and these accusations have lost their weight.

Tom said nobody relevant holds these opinions. I simply pointed out that they do. Whether you think they're extreme is irrelevant to what I said, which was simply that they are outdated opinions.

As far as the left overplaying their hand, they seem to have done just fine this election getting their message out. Their message is extreme to you but the message you trumpet is just as extreme to them. The key is which one of you looks like the bigger lunatic to those more moderate and not beholden to the letter next to their name.

Republicans plan to go after hunter and the big guy, dems continue to go after trump. what next Hillary decides to run again? Maybe Obama? he'd probably win.

For someone that laments people that have TDS, you sure have a weird infatuation with Hillary and Obama, one that can't run for president and one that won't ever run for president. Let it go dude.

yeah, nobody says any of that either. This whole "if you don't agree with me, you hate 'xyz' identity group, are committing violence against them, want to deny them things and drive them to suicide" has gotten pretty tired and isn't working anymore. You only have yourself to blame.

I don?t know.

Declining to bake two guys their wedding cake seems pretty violent to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbY8M9Jg2as

For someone that laments people that have TDS, you sure have a weird infatuation with Hillary and Obama, one that can't run for president and one that won't ever run for president. Let it go dude.

I actually did not realize that he couldn?t be president again after being out of office for at least 4 years. For some reason thought that 2 terms was consecutive only. So if trump win he can only be president for four years?

I actually did not realize that he couldn?t be president again after being out of office for at least 4 years. For some reason thought that 2 terms was consecutive only. So if trump win he can only be president for four years?

According to the Construction.

Probably not so much according to him.

We?ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I predict it?s a minimum of two more riots away.

Hakeem Jeffries' claims range from stolen election to voter suppression. Will news media treat him same as Republicans?

https://justthenews.com/government/...-repeatedly-has-denied-legitimacy-trumps-2016

They might.

It might help if he holds a rally that turns into a riot.

Maybe a BLM rally - lots of those rallies turned into riots; as far as I know just the Jan 6 was the only Trump rally that turned into a riot.

He could hold it in his hometown Brooklyn.

He could have Kyrie Irving as a guest.

Ironically, Kyrie holds a lot of the same views as the Jan 6 Capitol rioters.

He?s anti-vax, he hates the Jews and he believes the word is flat.

I think if USC wins out, they should be in over the UM/OSU winner, I think. Unless that game is close and ends on a fluke play or something.

Tom said nobody relevant holds these opinions. I simply pointed out that they do. Whether you think they're extreme is irrelevant to what I said, which was simply that they are outdated opinions.

As far as the left overplaying their hand, they seem to have done just fine this election getting their message out. Their message is extreme to you but the message you trumpet is just as extreme to them. The key is which one of you looks like the bigger lunatic to those more moderate and not beholden to the letter next to their name.

I don't want to speak for Tom but I'm pretty sure he was saying no one says any of the things MC claims like Republicans support capital punishment for drug addiction, bullying transgender people, stoning gay people to death or legally denying them human rights then naming a bunch of things that aren't human rights. It's also not true that private companies openly discriminate against them or call them perverts and degenerates.

All of that garbage is in his posts - that's what I think Tom was pushing back on and rightfully so because literally no one says any of those things outside of some middle east and third world shit hole countries. Gay marriage and adoption are different issues. Certainly people disagree on those matters but disagreeing with people and advocating for traditional values isn't committing violence or erasing any identity groups. And calling traditional values "outdated" is just a way of dismissing them offhand in an attempt to make a false claim of virtue over the opposition.

Last edited:
Back