Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

My early favorite mock draft for us.

2. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE Michigan

30. Nakobe Dean, LB Georgia

34. David Bell, WR Purdue

66. Leon O'Neal Jr., S Texas A&M

98. Damone Clark, LB LSU

My early favorite mock draft for us.

2. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE Michigan

30. Nakobe Dean, LB Georgia

34. David Bell, WR Purdue

66. Leon O'Neal Jr., S Texas A&M

98. Damone Clark, LB LSU

Amazing draft if it happens

I would love that draft. I still think the kid from Oregon is a tad better then Hutchinson.

I would love that draft. I still think the kid from Oregon is a tad better then Hutchinson.

Athleticism edge goes to Tibs, but Leadership and Cultural Fit are incredibly important. IMO Hutch is the better fit within the current culture that DC has established. That is why I'm hoping for Hutch. His athleticism is strong enough that the non-athletic components bring his total value on the Lions higher than Tibs.

If the Jags do want an Edge, I am hoping they pick Tibs, who I honestly think is a better fit on the Jags than on the Lions. If Hutch goes to Jags and Tibs to Lions, I honestly think their collective contributions will be less than Tibs on Jags and Hutch on Lions.

Snag the best QB prospect in this draft. I don?t see a clear elite player at any position, might as well get value w the pick and get our QB. If we wait until next year, we?ll have to mortgage future picks to move up, assuming we improve.

Might be time to move on from DC and hire a real coach like Flores.

Athleticism edge goes to Tibs, but Leadership and Cultural Fit are incredibly important. IMO Hutch is the better fit within the current culture that DC has established. That is why I'm hoping for Hutch. His athleticism is strong enough that the non-athletic components bring his total value on the Lions higher than Tibs.

If the Jags do want an Edge, I am hoping they pick Tibs, who I honestly think is a better fit on the Jags than on the Lions. If Hutch goes to Jags and Tibs to Lions, I honestly think their collective contributions will be less than Tibs on Jags and Hutch on Lions.

zyxt9 to Hutch ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

If Dean lasts until pick 30 I won't say even ONE negative thing about LKP for the rest of 2022.

Dean and Devin LLoyd...im fine with either. Gotta hope the Rams exit early and we pick around 24ish. Theres a chance we get the 2nd LB off the board. Lloyd didnt have the best bowl game....hopefully that quiets his momentum.

Final look before the playoffs

Potential QB teams:

HOU, ATL, CAR, PIT, DEN, WFT, NO
Maybe NYG, PHI, CLE, MIA, MIN, SEA
Not going to include teams without a 1st round pick

Draft value chart reference: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Draft picks reference: https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
* = comp pick
bold = pick is set

Lions
2 - 2600
27 - 680
34 - 560
66 - 260

97* - 112

Top 5 picks
1 - 3000
2 - 2600
3 - 2200
4 - 1800
5 - 1700

Houston
3 - 2200
37 - 530
68 - 250
80 - 190

Possible trades: 3 & 37 for 2 + mid rounder, 3 & 68 + mid rounder for 2

Atlanta
8 - 1400
43 - 470

63 - 276
74 - 220

Possible trades: Would have to basically give up their entire draft to move to 2, unless they include a future day 1/2 picks.

Carolina
6 - 1600

Possible trades: Their 1st is their only pick until the 4th round, impossible without future picks

Pittsburgh
20 - 850
52 - 380
84 - 170

Possible trades: Impossible without future picks.

Denver
9 - 1350
40 - 500

60 - 300
75 - 215
91 - 136

Possible trades: See Atlanta

Washington
11 - 1250
42 - 480
73 - 225

Possible trades: See Atlanta

New Orleans
18 - 900
49 - 410

98* - 108
99* - 104

Possible trades: See Pittsburgh

NY Giants
5 - 1700
7 - 1500
36 - 540
67 - 255
81 - 185

Possible trades: 5 & 7 for 2, 27 + late rounder; 5, 36, 67 + late rounder for 2; 7, 36, 67, 81 + late rounder for 2

Philadelphia
15 - 1050
16 - 1000

19 - 875
51 - 390
83 - 175

Possible trades: 15, 16, 51, 83 for 2 + late rounder; 15, 16, 19 for 2, 66 + late rounder; 15, 16, 19, 51 for 2, 27 + late rounder

Cleveland
13 - 1150
44 - 460
78 - 200

Miami
22 - 780
50 - 400
100* - 100

Minnesota
12 - 1200
46 - 440
77 - 205

Seattle
41 - 490
72 - 230

Possible trades: Outright impossible?

Possible movers in the playoffs
Philadelphia 19, 51, 83
Pittsburgh 20, 52, 84
Miami 22 (SF)
Lions 27 (LA Rams)
Denver 60 (LA Rams)
Atlanta 63 (Tennessee)
Denver 91 (LA Rams)

Last edited:
I could see Houston not drafting a QB (before the season I thought it was a guarantee they were taking one). They need much and Mills was a recent 3rd round pick and he might be a viable option.

I could see Houston not drafting a QB (before the season I thought it was a guarantee they were taking one). They need much and Mills was a recent 3rd round pick and he might be a viable option.

I don't see them trading up 1 spot regardless.

Even if Houston wants a QB...

If the Lions want a QB at 2, they aren't trading back to 3.

If the Lions pretend they want a QB at 2, there's no reason to even approach a trade.

If anything Houston would trade up to 1 or stand pat, but I don't know why they would give up picks with no must-have option.

I don't see them trading up 1 spot regardless.

Even if Houston wants a QB...

If the Lions want a QB at 2, they aren't trading back to 3.

If the Lions pretend they want a QB at 2, there's no reason to even approach a trade.

If anything Houston would trade up to 1 or stand pat, but I don't know why they would give up picks with no must-have option.

Agree.

Hot take....Jameson Williams would be more impactful for this team than Hutch or Thibodeaux.

Last edited:
Hot take....Jameson Williams would be more impactful for this team than Hutch or Thibodeaux.

Fair assessment. I'm just of the opinion average or better WRs are easier to find than above average Edge. Also, to stop opponents from passing requires 2 Edge players getting pressure (IMO), whereas the Lions have recently shown a group of below average receivers are capable of winning.

Fair assessment. I'm just of the opinion average or better WRs are easier to find than above average Edge. Also, to stop opponents from passing requires 2 Edge players getting pressure (IMO), whereas the Lions have recently shown a group of below average receivers are capable of winning.

Who?s your favorite edge defender in this draft?

Who?s your favorite edge defender in this draft?

I wouldn't hate having either one of them. But if you think romeo is still a productive DE.... then I think you go the more athletic KT to play edge opposite romeo.

Back