Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

I?d love it!

I do like Pickett out of all of them. So much pressure at pick 2 though

Pickett sitting a year, how much will that help him. If Hutch or KT are hall of famers obvious will regret in hindsight too

Waiting until 2023 for qb is risky too because who knows where we will pick. One less year of development but one later year of cheap cap qb 2023 through 2026 then 5th year option for 2027

That's crazy he was walking around on a torn acl. That's why I thought it was something less severe. He may definitely be there with the rams pick now. He lost some cash...

Don?t want him?No need to use a 1st round pick on an injured player, lots of other options will be on the board.

I think hutch is an upgrade over Romeo Okwara.

KT is an upgrade over Charles Harris.

Tough choice on who youd want to be the rotational piece but i think if you take into consideration Romeos contract....hes not going anywhere and he deserves the chance to prove hes worth his contract. So id go KT.

Brockers Mcneil Levi Okwara
KT Thor ???

That is a fair assessment. I was under impression Harris performed better than Okwara this year, so I would prefer upgrading Okwara...but it could easily be argued that Lions would roll with Tibs + Harris, with Okwara as rotational. Okwara would likely be the rotational guy regardless wouldn't he?

That might actually benefit Okwara, fewer reps can result in staying healthier and bringing more energy per snap. Some guys have better stats as the rotational player.

A team needs to fall in love with Pickett. Especially if they think a team like Washington in their own division could make a move.

There is not much out there in terms of OCs. I cant imagine a new GM for the Giants comes in thinking all he needs to do is hire the right coach and OC and magically Jones will be fixed. It will probably come down to a coaches decision....do ou ride it out for a year with Jones and build the team with 2 picks in the top 10. Or do you swing for the fences and attach yourself to a rookie out of the gate.

If I'm the Giants, I let Jones lead a tank-a-thon to get best QB of 2023. After 3 R1 picks this year plus next year's best QB, they would be very competitive in 3 years and afterward.

Don?t want him?No need to use a 1st round pick on an injured player, lots of other options will be on the board.

Could go with another D player with Rams pick and then hope he drops to our R2 pick, or if getting nervous trade back into R1 from that R2 pick plus another later pick(s).

Kinda depends on how his recovery is progressing come draft day. Better to get a guy able to start Week 1, but might be worth a later start if he drops far enough.

Could go with another D player with Rams pick and then hope he drops to our R2 pick, or if getting nervous trade back into R1 from that R2 pick plus another later pick(s).

Kinda depends on how his recovery is progressing come draft day. Better to get a guy able to start Week 1, but might be worth a later start if he drops far enough.

Don?t want him in the 2nd either?Maybe 3rd if he falls, maybe????

There?s going to be lots of players on the board for us in rounds 1-2. No need to gamble on a guy who just blew out his knee.

An ACL tear in 2022 is not a big concern. SOOOO many players have torn ACL's in the past and come back at better than 100% (because of the rehab). Frank Gore had 2 major knee injuries at Miami and played nearly injury free in the NFL for about 73 years.

I certainly wouldn't let it keep me from drafting a guy.

The biggest draw back for a team drafting Jameson Williams now is that he will likely miss some/most/all of training camp and therefore likely won't be "game ready" for a number of weeks into the season....so he wont have a huge impact until very late in the upcoming season. That might scare some teams away. Maybe not.

Last edited:
An ACL tear in 2022 is not a big concern. SOOOO many players have torn ACL's in the past and come back at better than 100% (because of the rehab). Frank Gore had 2 major knee injuries at Miami and played nearly injury free in the NFL for about 73 years.

I certainly wouldn't let it keep me from drafting a guy.

The biggest draw back for a team drafting Jameson Williams now is that he will likely miss some/most/all of training camp and therefore likely won't be "game ready" for a number of weeks into the season....so he wont have a huge impact until very late in the upcoming season. That might scare some teams away. Maybe not.

I would definitely grab Williams in the 2nd round assuming we didn't take a WR in rd 1. We don't expect to compete for a playoff spot next year. I would definitely invest in the long term future rather than worry about the playoffs in 2022. Strive for .500 in 2022

I would definitely grab Williams in the 2nd round assuming we didn't take a WR in rd 1. We don't expect to compete for a playoff spot next year. I would definitely invest in the long term future rather than worry about the playoffs in 2022. Strive for .500 in 2022

I'd draft him at the bottom of the 1st. By April, teams will have a good medical handle on how he is coming along from the surgery (he'll have it this week). ACL just not as serious as it used to be. Not saying its nothing, but that would be a pretty good talent to grab on to......even if he was out 1/2 of next year, like you were saying.

Id take him with the Rams pick in a heartbeat. Were 2 - 3 years away from meaningful football lol. I was honestly considering him at 2. hell yes id take him in the 20s.

Id take him with the Rams pick in a heartbeat. Were 2 - 3 years away from meaningful football lol. I was honestly considering him at 2. hell yes id take him in the 20s.

#2 even before the injury would have been a major reach and I love Jameson.

I personally would pull the trigger in an instant with the Rams pick. ACL's are 6-9 month injury's now and very rarely is there any long term effects. In fact a lot of players come back stronger because of the intense rehab process. Although I believe we can compete as soon as 2022, we cannot make decision based off of being the best team we can be in 2022. That only happens when you have realistic Superbowl aspirations and we don't. The Titans did this with Jeffrey Simmons a couple years ago and he has been one of the best DT's in the NFL.

Jameson Williams adds exactly what this offense desperately needs, speed. He also is very dangerous after the catch, an excellent route runner, and creates seperation with ease. Goff is best with receivers that can create seperation. He also showed that he can hit the deep ball when the Rams had Cooks, but he hasn't had someone with that deep speed since. Who cares if he isn't 100% by week 1, he is the best WR in this class and adds exactly what this offense needs.

Hutchinson
Lloyd/Dean
Williams

That would be a dream draft for me with three guys who have Pro Bowl ability.

#2 even before the injury would have been a major reach and I love Jameson.

I personally would pull the trigger in an instant with the Rams pick. ACL's are 6-9 month injury's now and very rarely is there any long term effects. In fact a lot of players come back stronger because of the intense rehab process. Although I believe we can compete as soon as 2022, we cannot make decision based off of being the best team we can be in 2022. That only happens when you have realistic Superbowl aspirations and we don't. The Titans did this with Jeffrey Simmons a couple years ago and he has been one of the best DT's in the NFL.

Jameson Williams adds exactly what this offense desperately needs, speed. He also is very dangerous after the catch, an excellent route runner, and creates seperation with ease. Goff is best with receivers that can create seperation. He also showed that he can hit the deep ball when the Rams had Cooks, but he hasn't had someone with that deep speed since. Who cares if he isn't 100% by week 1, he is the best WR in this class and adds exactly what this offense needs.

Hutchinson
Lloyd/Dean
Williams

That would be a dream draft for me with three guys who have Pro Bowl ability.

are we sure Williams is the best WR in the class? I mean, he couldn't beat out Garret Wilson or Olave at OSU. Maybe those guys are at least as good as Williams??

are we sure Williams is the best WR in the class? I mean, he couldn't beat out Garret Wilson or Olave at OSU. Maybe those guys are at least as good as Williams??

In not an Olave fan. Hed be an upgrade at slot of St Brown imo and thats not what we need. Wilson i can see an argument for. He reminds me of Michael Thomas. Id say Jameson is the most explosive WR in the class...and can play on the outside. Wilson is probably the best outside the hash #1 WR prospect. With Treylon Burks and Drake London right behind them.

He is my favorite WR in this class, and the best fit for our offense. I think him and Garrett Wilson are the top two for sure, but I like Jameson's fit better. Wilson will not be there, but now Jameson might,

In not an Olave fan. Hed be an upgrade at slot of St Brown imo and thats not what we need. Wilson i can see an argument for. He reminds me of Michael Thomas. Id say Jameson is the most explosive WR in the class...and can play on the outside. Wilson is probably the best outside the hash #1 WR prospect. With Treylon Burks and Drake London right behind them.

gotcha.

fyi...Olave isn't a slot guy. He's more like Devanta Smith. If you want a big guy to get contested balls, he probably isn't your guy. But he is a great route runner and I think he and St Brown would complement each other very nicely.

My guess is he runs around a 4.4 but I read that he's been clocked at 4.38

If he runs sub 4.4 at his pro day, he won't be available in the 2nd anyway.

Back