Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

Someone start the rumor right now that his recovery is going poorly and he won't be ready in 2022!!!

Lets see if we can get him to fall to our 2nd 1st rounder.

Trade down, acquire another 1st rounder.....take Dean, Ojabo and Williams with the 1st round picks.....and the best S available with the top of the 2nd. Grab a QB in the 3rd.

You're welcome.

Does anyone like Drake London wr usc ? Man I hate using a high late first round pick on a Wr but Chase and a few others were amazing at wr. I?m inclined to pick two Defensive players with the top 2 picks. Just not sure.

Someone start the rumor right now that his recovery is going poorly and he won't be ready in 2022!!!

Lets see if we can get him to fall to our 2nd 1st rounder.

Trade down, acquire another 1st rounder.....take Dean, Ojabo and Williams with the 1st round picks.....and the best S available with the top of the 2nd. Grab a QB in the 3rd.

You're welcome.

Brisker and Dax Hill project around that pick.

Does anyone like Drake London wr usc ? Man I hate using a high late first round pick on a Wr but Chase and a few others were amazing at wr. I?m inclined to pick two Defensive players with the top 2 picks. Just not sure.

I like him as the 3rd best outside the hash WR in the draft (after williams and Burks). He will remind you of Kenny Golladay....but runs a little bit better routes.

Last edited:

If Patricia was still the coach, I would actually be saying pick Tibs. I like Hutch better on DC's team. Mock me all you want, I'm explaining my position, one I have been very vocal about, sure, but explain why I should prefer Tibs or someone else. Don't just pitch a name, give an explanation on how and why your choice is the best option.

If Patricia was still the coach, I would actually be saying pick Tibs. I like Hutch better on DC's team. Mock me all you want, I'm explaining my position, one I have been very vocal about, sure, but explain why I should prefer Tibs or someone else. Don't just pitch a name, give an explanation on how and why your choice is the best option.

I think hutch is an upgrade over Romeo Okwara.

KT is an upgrade over Charles Harris.

Tough choice on who youd want to be the rotational piece but i think if you take into consideration Romeos contract....hes not going anywhere and he deserves the chance to prove hes worth his contract. So id go KT.

Brockers Mcneil Levi Okwara
KT Thor ???

Interesting trade from some random mock I found

https://draftidsports.com/2022/01/1...-0-qb-goes-2nd-watson-is-dealt-and-db-galore/

?Detroit trades the 2nd overall pick to Washington for the 11th overall, 42nd overall, 189th overall and a 2022 1st Rd pick.? (think they meant 2023 1st)

Not sure how I?d feel about that trade, WFTs 2023 1st could probably be in the 15-20 range.

Would be nice to have three 1sts in 2023 though.

https://draftidsports.com/2022/01/1...-0-qb-goes-2nd-watson-is-dealt-and-db-galore/

?Detroit trades the 2nd overall pick to Washington for the 11th overall, 42nd overall, 189th overall and a 2022 1st Rd pick.? (think they meant 2023 1st)

Not sure how I?d feel about that trade, WFTs 2023 1st could probably be in the 15-20 range.

I think it would be a decent trade. However, they have the Lions taking RT at 27

I like it because its good value to take my favorite guys in the draft:

11 LB Devin Lloyd
24 WR Jameson Williams (falls slightly due to injury) Rams lose in rd 1 :D
34 S Dax Hill
42 BPA OLB Nik Bonitto or Edge Myjai Sanders or LB Christian Harris

I see Bonitto as an upgraade at OLB that can rush and cover.
Myjai is a KT v3.0...doesnt have the skill yet but has the athleticism. Replacement for Harris.
Christian Harris is an upgrade over Thor or JRM.

Last edited:
So will Sewell stay at LT next season? Or RT if the other guy is healthy.

I like it because its good value to take my favorite guys in the draft:

11 LB Devin Lloyd
24 WR Jameson Williams (falls slightly due to injury) Rams lose in rd 1 :D
34 S Dax Hill
42 BPA OLB Nik Bonitto or Edge Myjai Sanders or LB Christian Harris

I see Bonitto as an upgraade at OLB that can rush and cover.
Myjai is a KT v3.0...doesnt have the skill yet but has the athleticism. Replacement for Harris.
Christian Harris is an upgrade over Thor or JRM.

I don?t think Williams knee is serious. He wanted to play in the 2nd half but the medical team said no.

Looks like this was nothing, Judge just fired.

Hopefully this means Jones is out too. Giants would make a great trading partner.

A team needs to fall in love with Pickett. Especially if they think a team like Washington in their own division could make a move.

There is not much out there in terms of OCs. I cant imagine a new GM for the Giants comes in thinking all he needs to do is hire the right coach and OC and magically Jones will be fixed. It will probably come down to a coaches decision....do ou ride it out for a year with Jones and build the team with 2 picks in the top 10. Or do you swing for the fences and attach yourself to a rookie out of the gate.

A team needs to fall in love with Pickett. Especially if they think a team like Washington in their own division could make a move.

There is not much out there in terms of OCs. I cant imagine a new GM for the Giants comes in thinking all he needs to do is hire the right coach and OC and magically Jones will be fixed. It will probably come down to a coaches decision....do ou ride it out for a year with Jones and build the team with 2 picks in the top 10. Or do you swing for the fences and attach yourself to a rookie out of the gate.

if Pickett does enough for a few teams to fall in love with him the Lions, may just take him.

if Pickett does enough for a few teams to fall in love with him the Lions, may just take him.

To your point the Lions were selcted as one of the coahcing staffs for the senior bowl. The list this year is impressive. Especially the QB and RB groups. Alot more opt out this year during bowl season....but it looks like the seniors are placing an importance on being visible at the senior bowl....Pickett included.

https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

Some interesting names and where i think they could go below:
DB Coby Bryant 3rd
DB Derion Kendrick 3rd
DB Jaquan Brisker 2nd
DB Cam Taylor Britt 3rd-4th
Edge Myjai Sanders 2nd
DL Devonte Wyatt Late 2nd
DL Kingsley Enagbare 2nd
LB Channing Tindall 3rd-4th
LB Devin Lloyd 1st
QB Willis Ridder, Zappe, Pickett, Strong
RB Brian Robinson, Hassan Haskins, James Cook

WR group is a little underwhelming but most senior WRs typically are...the good ones comes out after their Junior years.

Back