Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft Weekend Thread

Wish we could trade draft picks w Seattle.

I like the second pick but don?t think the midget cornerback will hold up in the nfl.
Dude is tiny. Man he hits though.

Last edited:
PFF blurbs

Gibbs

Pick Grade:Below Average
Gibbs is the second-ranked running back on the PFF big board, but he is also just the 34th-ranked prospect. Viewed as a potential late first-round pick, this is a big reach with the 12th overall pick. He can make an impact in the passing game, though, as he hauled in 103 passes for 1,215 receiving yards over the past three seasons.

Campbell

Pick Grade:Below Average
Campbell is the top linebacker on the PFF big board but was just 39th overall. It?s not a good value pick, but he produced a 91.9 PFF grade, which led all linebackers. At 6-foot-5 and 249 pounds, he has impressive size and NFL-caliber range.

We need to trade up for Kincaid to make this the most lions draft in nfl history.

The special team kick/punt return battle should be exciting after week 6 between Jamo and Gibbs.

I guess other teams reach. Thought he would be there later too .

Defense against the run pick

Dallas picks Smith from Michigan. Seems a few slots early.

I guess other teams reach. Thought he would be there later too .

Defense against the run pick

Dallas picks Smith from Michigan. Seems a few slots early.

Expect the unexpected with holmes. He never goes chalk. He likes high impact guys that can change the game on 1 play or high character guys.

If Campbell starts over AA... that's a win and worth 18.

Last edited:
But that is why you triple down on defense. Vikings have really
Good receivers.

Top 2 offenses played I'm the super bowl last year. They had the 8th and 16th ranked defenses.

You don't need elite defense. We had one of the worst defense in the history of the NFL and still won 9 games. We just need a middle of the pack defense and look out.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023...etroit-lions-trade-first-round-pick-six-terms

The Detroit Lions will not pick sixth in the 2023 NFL Draft. They have traded down with the Arizona Cardinals back to Pick 12. Here are the full trade terms:

Lions get:

Pick 12
Pick 34
Pick 168
Cardinals get:

Pick 6
Pick 81
The Lions were facing a tricky board after the Seattle Seahawks surprisingly selected Illinois cornerback Devon Witherspoon, the odds-on favorite to be the Lions? selection at six.

The Lions now have 10 picks in the 2023 NFL Draft, and we?ll wait to see who they pick with the 12th overall pick.

Lions remaining picks
Round 1, Pick 12 (12 overall)
Round 1, Pick 18 (18 overall)
Round 2, Pick 3 (34 overall)
Round 2, Pick 17 (48 overall)
Round 2, Pick 24 (55 overall)
Round 5, Pick 17 (152 overall)
Round 5, Pick 24 (159 overall)
Round 5, PIck 33 (168 overall)
Round 6, Pick 6 (183 overall)
Round 6, Pick 17 (194 overall)

Top remaining needs for Lions:
Defensive tackle
Guard
Cornerback
Offensive lineman
Tight end
Wide receiver
Quarterback?

Last edited:
DT Benton, Branch, Hooker or Porter Jr. Get one of them at 34

Avila or Torrence or Mayer options too

Last edited:
Its not a great looking draft as far as value goes so far.... but this could be a very productive draft. Swift probably gets moved. Hopefully for a 5th.

Its not a great looking draft as far as value goes so far.... but this could be a very productive draft. Swift probably gets moved. Hopefully for a 5th.
A RB who's the number two at best and a LB that could have been had in round 3. Yippee.

A RB who's the number two at best and a LB that could have been had in round 3. Yippee.

I think they're both picked high as well, but I like both players and Brad said both were BPA on their board. I've seen Campbell mocked as high as first round and as low as early 3rd. All depends on the pov i think.

My only knocks on Campbell are that he went to Iowa and only runs a 4.65 40. Aside from that, his other drills were top of the LB class, even those measuring quickness. He's also the best pass defending LB in the draft. Could be a huge win for us.

Back