Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft Weekend Thread

?I?m not sure people that follow (just) the NFL realize what Jahmyr Gibbs is going to be for Detroit. Think about what Detroit did last year, offensively. And now you get that weapon. Think Alvin Kamara. Think Christian McCaffrey. That?s who (Gibbs) is. This guy isn?t just a running back that can run routes. He can line up in the slot and run like a wide receiver. I mean, he is a matchup nightmare. And then he can get physical. He?s a 200-pound back, he can run between the tackles, so that was a great pick.

Gibbs from Kirk Herbstreit.

MUN. Matchup Nightmare. Woooooooooo

Last edited:
What we all saw coming

Sources: The #Lions are receiving trade calls on running back D?Andre Swift, whose representatives have been in contact with the team about potentially moving to a new team. With Detroit drafting Jahmyr Gibbs, the talented Swift appears poised to leave Detroit.

I don?t think he?s a 1st round pick. But, it doesn?t mean he isn?t good and that Detroit won?t have a great draft.

this is also true. I think it will hard for the Lions to have a "bad" draft with the amount of high picks they have. I just think you are leaving value on the table when you reach for players. So far, they have reached for both players.

All that said, there are sill going to be very good players to be had in the 2nd round.

Just looking at the current ESPN 2nd round mock

34 Mayer, TE (I think I might go Brian Branch here)
48 Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE
55 Kelee Ringo, CB

Now watch Swift stay healthy and outperform our new guy.. Its happening, its the Lions way.

I'm notoriously the rb and LB Round 1 hater.... but you know what. If you got yourself 2 starters.... then that's all that matters.

Sure Gibbs will split time with Montgomery. You could see all of last season Duce was trying to get swift to run with more toughness... never happened. And let's be real... swift is dynamic but he makes the wrong cut...
Alot!

2 starters from rd 1 is better than any other team can claim. I've also bitched about our LBs... so I can't really hate that they're trying to fix it.

Last edited:
I'm notoriously the rb and LB Round 1 hater.... but you know what. If you got yourself 2 starters.... then that's all that matters.

Sure Gibbs will split time with Montgomery. You could see all of last season Duce was trying to get swift to run with more toughness... never happened. And let's be real... swift is dynamic but he makes the wrong cut...
Alot!

2 starters from rd 1 is better than any other team can claim. I've also bitched about our LBs... so I can't really hate that they're trying to fix it.

Wow?who is this new Hughes

Alot!

That's a contradiction if I ever heard one.. If you have two starters, sure Gibbs won't start. Lol. You need

But they've never been good enough to set the expectations that you have. I just don't get it.
You mean this team has higher expectations than the last 30 teams have had? That's what I don't get, based on what..

Pretty obvious holmes is patching holes as the main priority. That said be on the look out for S, DT, RG, TE and QB picks over the next couple days.

Sean Payton was Campbell?s mentor. Campbell was w Payton and the Saints during Kamara?s best years and learned how to utilize that type of RB.

Who is Gibbs player comparison?Alvin Kamara

I?m not a huge fan of calling picks reaches. If there?s a player you like and want, you better grab him when you have the opportunity. All it takes is one team to have the same view of that certain player.

Back