Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Sutton was one of the best cornerbacks available in free agency this year. Per PFF, he allowed just 411 receiving yards last season, good for ninth among cornerbacks who played at least 400 coverage snaps last year.

Lions sign CB Cam Sutton from Pittsburgh. Huge get and he's a legit #1 corner.

Pretty good signing. Glad we got some help.

I think we have 2 solid #2 cbs. Draft your future #1 in the draft... incase you move away from okudah next year.

Wouldn't mind resigning Mike Hughes for the slot... thought he did a good job.

Jacobs as a 4.

I think we have 2 solid #2 cbs. Draft your future #1 in the draft... incase you move away from okudah next year.

Jacobs as a 4.

Agree. And we will know whether to 5th year option Okudah from the draft. If we draft a CB, this will be Okudah's last year in Detroit, if we don't take a CB in Round 1, can decide to 5th year option Okudah (11 million though for 2024)

Sutton can play inside or out but prefers outside. Lions have options now for sure.

Good vet CB. Check. But now got to execute (and STAY HEALTHY)

Jacobs as a 4.

My thoughts as well. Draft Witherspoon. Re-sign Hughes for 1 more year.

Okudah, Witherspoon, Sutton, Hughes, Jacobs, Lucas

That's a solid CB room. If Okudah plays better.....great.....pick up his 5th year and sign long term, or.....trade him. If he doesn't.....you have the depth to let him walk.

No.......on to Tremaine Edmunds!!!!!!

Last edited:
No Ramsey, but we got Sutton and still have all our draft picks and more cap room

My thoughts as well. Draft Witherspoon. Re-sign Hughes for 1 more year.

Okudah, Witherspoon, Sutton, Hughes, Jacobs, Lucas

That's a solid CB room. If Okudah plays better.....great.....pick up his 5th year and sign long term, or.....trade him. If he doesn't.....you have the depth to let him walk.

No.......on to Tremaine Edmunds!!!!!!

Lol I'm on that train for sure... Tremaine and Terell package deal.

I agree I like that cb room... and it's an upgrade. But here's the problem... when you don't really care who starts out of a group that means you don't really have a stud in the group.

For example if jacobs started over okudah.... I'm not really sure id mind. He's honestly played better than okudah.

Last edited:
No Ramsey, but we got Sutton and still have all our draft picks and more cap room

I think that's the key to LONG TERM success. Don't make the big splash just to make it. Make solid moves that leave your draft capital alone and don't crush the cap.

Lol I'm on that train for sure... Tremaine and Terell package deal.

I agree I like that cb room... and it's an upgrade. But here's the problem... when you don't really care who starts out of a group that means you don't really have a stud in the group.

For example if jacobs started over okudah.... I'm not really sure id mind. He's honestly played better than okudah.

That's why I think taking a CB is imperative. Still a lot of what if's right now. Take the rookie and develop him to be the #1 next year. That way if Okudah sucks.....you let him walk.

Hopefully Sutton helps us land Edmunds S. Then Edmunds S helps us land Edmunds LB!

Edmunds LB from Buffalo to the Bears. Got LB TJ Edwards too

Edmunds LB from Buffalo to the Bears. Got LB TJ Edwards too

The Bears had the most cap space going into the off season. They can basically afford whoever they want. Although some people that post here don't think the salary cap is real...only an excuse for bad teams ;)

Last edited:
3 year 18 million for Anzalone

Ok that is a fuck up even if he did play better 2nd half of last year

Once they announce Rodgers either retires or goes to the Jets.... is Goff the best qb in the north?

Back