Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Worst case scenario at 6 is Anderson, Carter and the top 3 qbs are off the board. Pretty sure no one is trading up for Levis.

So you're stuck taking a G, cb or tyree Wilson who I'm not a fan of at all. I like skoronski... that probably moves Glasgow to the bench.

Then you probably try to move up from 18 to 12-15 to secure Quentin Johnston.

Worst case scenario at 6 is Anderson, Carter and the top 3 qbs are off the board. Pretty sure no one is trading up for Levis.

So you're stuck taking a G, cb or tyree Wilson who I'm not a fan of at all. I like skoronski... that probably moves Glasgow to the bench.

Then you probably try to move up from 18 to 12-15 to secure Quentin Johnston.

That would be horrible. I either want a QB that go down the field for a game winning TD drive or a legit top defense.

That would be horrible. I either want a QB that go down the field for a game winning TD drive or a legit top defense.

Goff does that and can continue. Can levis or richardson. Tbd?

Rumors us or Baltimore looking to trade for Courtland Sutton. Great big body WR that would fill the Chark role. Not as explosive as Chark but much better at full route tree.

Rumors us or Baltimore looking to trade for Courtland Sutton. Great big body WR that would fill the Chark role. Not as explosive as Chark but much better at full route tree.

Might look into it for a day 3 pick. If they are asking for a 2nd, I?d much rather go after Hopkins.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
#Broncos coach Sean Payton addresses the rumors of possible trades involving Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy, telling ?
@TomPelissero
?: "I see and read just like everyone else? but we're not trading those two players.?
More perspective here ??????

Not sure what his asking price would be, but I'd like this signing for $5-6 mil. Then the draft would be 100 percent based on best player available IMO.

Id still hate the options at 6 for BPA. Move up or down... either is fine.

If Carter and Anderson are off the board and were stuck at 6...I got a new guy. Nolan Smith... reminds me of Von Miller coming out just doesn't have the consistent production.

Last edited:
If Carter and Anderson are off the board and were stuck at 6...I got a new guy. Nolan Smith... reminds me of Von Miller coming out just doesn't have the consistent production.

Draft Scouting Report Nolan Smith:

Rating: 86.10 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Zack Baun

Summary:

Nolan Smith is the latest in a long line of dominant Georgia defenders destined for the early rounds. He's an undersized, quick-twitch athlete who plays much bigger than his size. He has the frame to add weight at the next level, but he'll also need to improve in pass coverage, something he was rarely asked to do for the Bulldogs.

Strengths:

Elite change of direction, athleticism, twitchiness and quickness
Despite lack of size, shows ability to hold ground vs. offensive tackles; can set the edge vs. the run
Plus athlete who can play the flat in coverage
Has open-field athleticism to make plays in space
Can shoot gaps in zone stretch and be disruptive in backfield
Can navigate through trash/down LOS to get to ball carrier, wrap-up tackler
Plays much bigger than his size
Weaknesses:

Undersized; will struggle to consistently generate pressure vs. bigger/stronger/quicker OT
Not asked to do much in coverage
Missed part of 2022 season with a pectoral injury
Combine Results:

40-Yard Dash: 4.39 seconds
Vertical: 41.5 inches
Broad Jump: 10 feet, 8 inches

Feel like he would be SAM LB/EDGE. I already like James Houston potential in this spot.

Draft Scouting Report Nolan Smith:

Rating: 86.10 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Zack Baun

Summary:

Nolan Smith is the latest in a long line of dominant Georgia defenders destined for the early rounds. He's an undersized, quick-twitch athlete who plays much bigger than his size. He has the frame to add weight at the next level, but he'll also need to improve in pass coverage, something he was rarely asked to do for the Bulldogs.

Strengths:

Elite change of direction, athleticism, twitchiness and quickness
Despite lack of size, shows ability to hold ground vs. offensive tackles; can set the edge vs. the run
Plus athlete who can play the flat in coverage
Has open-field athleticism to make plays in space
Can shoot gaps in zone stretch and be disruptive in backfield
Can navigate through trash/down LOS to get to ball carrier, wrap-up tackler
Plays much bigger than his size
Weaknesses:

Undersized; will struggle to consistently generate pressure vs. bigger/stronger/quicker OT
Not asked to do much in coverage
Missed part of 2022 season with a pectoral injury
Combine Results:

40-Yard Dash: 4.39 seconds
Vertical: 41.5 inches
Broad Jump: 10 feet, 8 inches

Feel like he would be SAM LB/EDGE. I already like James Houston potential in this spot.

Not at 6, but he might be there in the 2nd round. Not sure I'd take him at 18 even.

Back