Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

We do have an extra 2nd round pick so if you think you won't get Hooker mid 3rd round, the second 2nd we could take him there

We do have an extra 2nd round pick so if you think you won't get Hooker mid 3rd round, the second 2nd we could take him there

I really like the idea of taking HH late 2nd or early 3rd. Instant upgrade for the backup situation and he can learn for a year or even two. We'd still have our top 3 or 4 picks available to us as well.

Even if he was awful, at least the Lions wouldn't have pulled a 503 and spent 2 firsts while cutting your already good QB to find that out.

Now THAT would be a Millenesque level disaster.

I'm not typically a sign every guy you see gets cut person. But Bobby Wagner would be a huge upgrade for this team.

I'm not typically a sign every guy you see gets cut person. But Bobby Wagner would be a huge upgrade for this team.

Agree. He was great last year too. He will be 33 by training camp, short term and costly but would be a huge upgrade.

Wagner wants SB contending teams. That's not us.

If we added Wagner and traded pick 18 for Ramsey, signed Hargrave at DT, young talented Dline elsewhere, still have pick 6 for defense (say CB Witherspoon opposite Ramsey)and already have a top 5 offense under Ben Johnson, maybe we would be. Still two Round 2 picks and Round 3 as well for a new right guard (cut Vaitai for cap space) and RB replacing Jamaal.

Agree it's a long shot. Which Super Bowl contending teams have the cap space for him too and need a ILB. Would Philly (two ILB FAs) or KC or Cincy or Buffalo (Edmunds a FA) add him. San Fran has Fred Warner

Last edited:
If we added Wagner and traded pick 18 for Ramsey, signed Hargrave at DT, young talented Dline elsewhere, still have pick 6 for defense (say CB Witherspoon opposite Ramsey)and already have a top 5 offense under Ben Johnson, maybe we would be. Still two Round 2 picks and Round 3 as well for a new right guard (cut Vaitai for cap space) and RB replacing Jamaal.

Agree it's a long shot. Which Super Bowl contending teams have the cap space for him too and need a ILB. Would Philly (two ILB FAs) or KC or Cincy or Buffalo (Edmunds a FA) add him. San Fran has Fred Warner

I?d be all for adding Ramsey!

That's a lot of ifs..

Last edited:
he just got $20M for one year in LA

Exactly! He?s looking for guaranteed money at this point in his career. If he signed for $20mil last year w a contender, I?d be willing to bet $25-$30 w Detroit would get his attention.

Exactly! He?s looking for guaranteed money at this point in his career. If he signed for $20mil last year w a contender, I?d be willing to bet $25-$30 w Detroit would get his attention.
He wants another SB team. Philly, KC, Cinci, Buffalo..

He wants another SB team. Philly, KC, Cinci, Buffalo..

If it was truly about wanting another SB contender he would?ve been fine staying in LA, maybe even take a restructure. These men want to be PAID and want their GUARANTEES!

Back