Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

If it was truly about wanting another SB contender he would?ve been fine staying in LA, maybe even take a restructure. These men want to be PAID and want their GUARANTEES!

the Rams are fucked. I would say that the Lions are a better team than the Rams.

If it was truly about wanting another SB contender he would?ve been fine staying in LA, maybe even take a restructure. These men want to be PAID and want their GUARANTEES!
How are the Rams SB contenders?

We were a better team because we were on of the healthiest teams in all the NFL last year.

Lions were not one of the healthiest teams last year. One of the least healthiest especially for the 1-6 start

We were a better team because we were on of the healthiest teams in all the NFL last year.

this is true. However, they are in cap hell.

If I were a betting man, I would say the Lions win more games than the Rams next year.

Neither are SB contenders.

Lions were not one of the healthiest teams last year. One of the least healthiest especially for the 1-6 start

We were a very healthy team last year. The biggest injury we had was JaMo and we knew that when we drafted him. Our top 6 players all played in 16+ games.

Hutch 17 games
St Brown 16 games
Sewell 17 games
Goff 17 games
Decker 17 games
Ragnow 16 games

I?d disagree. Stafford couldn?t throw all summer.

Either way worked out great for us, #6 pick!
Staff was bad. Injury excuse are just that an excuse. Not a surprise he had a bad years with us.

When healthy, how are they not? The won it 2yrs ago and still have the majority of their key players.

WRONG. The Rams have declined. While they still have top players they lost a LOT of quality depth at the end of 2021 and it killed them. Yes, they were injured.....but they are absolutely not Super Bowl contenders......even if Stafford comes back full strength.

They WR room is a joke outside of Kupp. Their Oline is below average, RB's are OK.

DL is junk outside of Donald. LB's too now that Wagner is gone. Ramsey is great and the rest of their secondary are depth role players.

They have stars and little else behind it. Even if healthy, I bet they will struggle to hit .500.

Oh.....and they have the least amount of draft capital over the next 3 years and all their superstars are on the down side of their careers. They need to trade everyone they can for any pick they can ASAP.

WRONG. The Rams have declined. While they still have top players they lost a LOT of quality depth at the end of 2021 and it killed them. Yes, they were injured.....but they are absolutely not Super Bowl contenders......even if Stafford comes back full strength.

They WR room is a joke outside of Kupp. Their Oline is below average, RB's are OK.

DL is junk outside of Donald. LB's too now that Wagner is gone. Ramsey is great and the rest of their secondary are depth role players.

They have stars and little else behind it. Even if healthy, I bet they will struggle to hit .500.

Oh.....and they have the least amount of draft capital over the next 3 years and all their superstars are on the down side of their careers. They need to trade everyone they can for any pick they can ASAP.

I don?t think the Rams are a team looking to blow it up and rebuild. They were trying to acquire Mcaffery at the deadline. It?s not hard to create cap space in the NFL, salary cap is an excuse for bad teams.

I don?t think the Rams are a team looking to blow it up and rebuild. They were trying to acquire Mcaffery at the deadline. It?s not hard to create cap space in the NFL, salary cap is an excuse for bad teams.
it's not about blowing it up but the fact that they're too far from a SB contender. It's easy to get players when you're winning games but coming after 5 wins not so much.

This Jalen Ramsey thing is catching legs. 3 years left on his deal with relatively decent cap hits. Id trade 18 for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 503
This Jalen Ramsey thing is catching legs. 3 years left on his deal with relatively decent cap hits. Id trade 18 for him.

Agree. It?s year 3 w this regime. Rebuild is over and it?s time to make Super Bowl aspiration moves!

it's not about blowing it up but the fact that they're too far from a SB contender. It's easy to get players when you're winning games but coming after 5 wins not so much.

Crazy, I just looked up the current Super Bowl odds for next season. Would not of thought Rams were below Detroit. I?m assuming division and the Rodgers saga plays a huge factor.

Current order for NFC
Eagles
49ers
Cowboys
Lions
Rams

He want's a new deal.......that would be my only hold up. He'll turn 29 mid way through this season. I know a new deal would very likely keep his cap hit low over the first 2 years....but after that, he will be 31 and expensive.

Man, that's a tough call if I'm Holmes. Ramsey is still really good.....and would be a HUGE upgrade in a position we need a huge upgrade. But the Lions would likely have to give up 18 and probably a 3rd to get him. And sign him to a new deal. So giving up good draft capital AND cap space for a 28 almost 29 year old CB on the down side of his career??? No thanks. There is no telling how fast the wheels will fall off. He may be really good for 2-3 more years.......but he also might start to decline rapidly over that same 2-3 year period. I'd be out. I'd rather use the pick on a younger CB who is cheap. Just my opinion.

Agree. It?s year 3 w this regime. Rebuild is over and it?s time to make Super Bowl aspiration moves!

I think that is a terrible way to look at it. The Lions are in the perfect position NOT to have to sell their soul for a SB now type deal. This team is YOUNG and improving. They have the draft capital to get younger and better and still keep the cap on their side going forward.

Bringing in Ramsey would be a big upgrade in the secondary, no doubt. But making moves that will put you in cap purgatory in the future is not the way to build a team for future success. If Ramsey was willing to play out his current deal......great. But he understandably wants his last big pay day.

Crazy, I just looked up the current Super Bowl odds for next season. Would not of thought Rams were below Detroit. I?m assuming division and the Rodgers saga plays a huge factor.

Current order for NFC
Eagles
49ers
Cowboys
Lions
Rams

I like the Lions over the Cowboys and I would take the Lions over the 49ers if they choose to keep Lance over Purdy.

Back