Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ALDS Game #5 Detroit @ Cleveland, Saturday October 12th, 2024

Well the first guy out of the pen gave up a run today and 4 out of 5 gave up a run last game. So I'd say they haven't been fine.
How did the first reliever actually pitch today? Two ground ball infield hits, and a heaping dose of bad luck. Keep things in perspective.

And last game?
Last game was last game. If one expects perfection from our bullpen, then they will always be disappointed. The big problem is our hitters, and one mistake by Skubal. Kerry just went after the high stuff yet again, and I am pretty sure he will be seeing it next year until he learns to lay off of it.

This sucks, outside of their bullpen, Cleveland is not very scary at all. We definitely blew this series. Yankees would've dog walked us but we should've won this series.

Great season went from 55-63 to 86-76 won a playoff series against Houston and took Cleveland to the brink. Team really needs some hitting and starting pitching next season.
Thanks Tigers !

Great season went from 55-63 to 86-76 won a playoff series against Houston and took Cleveland to the brink. Team really needs some hitting and starting pitching next season.
Thanks Tigers !
Well they have some starters that aj didn't want to use. Reece not starting game 1 and Montero getting yanked after a perfect 6 pitch 1st inning burned out the pen

Gritty Tigers' improbable run ends in ALDS with Game 5 loss.
Tigers official site

A.J. Hinch: "I have a heartbroken team for all the right reasons. I thanked them for everything they’re about and who they are ... There’s only one team that doesn’t have this pit in their stomach at the end of the year. It stings, but we’re also going to use it as fuel."

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the game 5 ALDS.

Guardians take Game 5, slam door shut on Tigers' ALCS hopes.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers, Tarik Skubal slammed by Cleveland Guardians, 7-3, in Game 5 of ALDS.
Freep

Tigers' incredible season ends with Game 5 loss to Guardians.
Mlive

Well they have some starters that aj didn't want to use. Reece not starting game 1 and Montero getting yanked after a perfect 6 pitch 1st inning burned out the pen
I mean I would have used the starters different too. I agree with you but it is what it is. We really need to add some SP in the off season

Back