Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ALDS Game #5 Detroit @ Cleveland, Saturday October 12th, 2024

Definitely need a couple all star type bats. Guys that aren't platoon types. Also need guys to hit with risp. Not just slap a few singles with 2 outs. Outside of Carp, I don't feel good about anyone coming up in a big spot.

I'm also hoping they add a front line starter to follow skubal and I wouldn't hate taking a chance with Verlander if they can get him for 10m or under.

FAN FEEDBACK: THE END OF THE PLAYOFFS.
Totally Tigers

Sadly, this is the last time for the season that we’re dissecting the playoffs. In the last of a best-of-5 games, the Detroit Tigers lost the series to the Cleveland Guardians.
Today, we’re asking fans to share their feelings about the end of the Tigers’ season.

What best describes how you feel after the Tigers got eliminated from the playoffs?

1. Overall, I'm feeling positive that I got to watch them in the playoffs.

2. I'm realistic knowing that elimination was likely to come at some point.

3. I'm disappointed in their performance.

VOTE

Tarik Skubal on the next few days: "It'll suck, and it should suck, but this is only gonna make me strive to become a better version of myself. In the days in the offseason that get a little grueling ... I'll just make sure to remind myself of this feeling I have right now."

Kerry Carpenter on what the Tigers proved this season: "I think we’re here to stay. We have a bunch of young guys and a bunch of people who want to get better ... I think we put the world on notice that we can do big things in this clubhouse with these guys."

Thanks Ron. Appreciate the articles. Series turned when Bo missed his spot to the
rhb on a 2-2 count. After reading that article it did feel like the tigers were a tad unlucky.

OPEN MIKE.
Totally Tigers

On this long holiday weekend, we welcome readers to share their thoughts about the Tigers’ unexpected season running from April through the playoffs.
Your observations, comments and questions. Extra credit to those who create topics or questions that generate thoughtful dialog threads.
Please save any comments about the post-season as we will be covering that thoroughly over the coming weeks.
For this day only, a maximum of 6 sentences please.

OPEN MIKE.
Totally Tigers

On this long holiday weekend, we welcome readers to share their thoughts about the Tigers’ unexpected season running from April through the playoffs.
Your observations, comments and questions. Extra credit to those who create topics or questions that generate thoughtful dialog threads.
Please save any comments about the post-season as we will be covering that thoroughly over the coming weeks.
For this day only, a maximum of 6 sentences please.
long holiday weekend??

Main points from Scott Harris at the Tigers’ end-of-season presser— RH bat is an area of need— Tigers expect Javier Báez to have a role next year. He should participate in ST, unclear if he will be fully healthy by opening day— No comment on possible contract extensions.

Tigers want Kenta Maeda to make some changes to his off-season program so he comes to spring training ready, but there is absolutely a place for him on 2025 roster, Harris said. No thought of cutting ties.

Main points from Scott Harris at the Tigers’ end-of-season presser— RH bat is an area of need— Tigers expect Javier Báez to have a role next year. He should participate in ST, unclear if he will be fully healthy by opening day— No comment on possible contract extensions.

Tigers want Kenta Maeda to make some changes to his off-season program so he comes to spring training ready, but there is absolutely a place for him on 2025 roster, Harris said. No thought of cutting ties.
I sure hope they are lying about Baez having a role next year. His only role should be looking for another job.

I sure hope they are lying about Baez having a role next year. His only role should be looking for another job.
3 years left on contract. Organizations don't like to just throw money away. I hope at the very least he's given a short leash.

3 years left on contract. Organizations don't like to just throw money away. I hope at the very least he's given a short leash.
they are throwing away money if he is on the field as well. He is terrible. They have to pay him regardless. You either pay him and take up a roster spot, or pay him to leave and give the spot to someone that is better. The second option makes the team better. The first option makes the team worse.

they are throwing away money if he is on the field as well. He is terrible. They have to pay him regardless. You either pay him and take up a roster spot, or pay him to leave and give the spot to someone that is better. The second option makes the team better. The first option makes the team worse.
No argument there but those guys think different than us fans. They think everyone can contribute or improve.

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The playoffs are now over for the Detroit Tigers. But the memories of both series against the Astros and Guardians live on.
And as such, let’s think back to the best moments of these games.
We marvel at how so many Tigers contributed key at-bats, impressive pitching and defensive gems. There was literally a new hero every game.
Which brings us to the mighty challenge for TT readers.
It’s a challenge that’s meant to be tough. That’s what makes this fun!
If you had to pick one – just one as Lay’s tells us – which Tiger would get your MVP vote for both sets of playoff games?
Which Tiger gets your vote for MVP of both playoff series?

1. Beau Brieske

2. Kerry Carpenter

3. Andy Ibanez

4. Parker Meadows

5. Tarik Skubal

6. Trey Sweeney

7. Will Vest

8. Matt Vierling

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The playoffs are now over for the Detroit Tigers. But the memories of both series against the Astros and Guardians live on.
And as such, let’s think back to the best moments of these games.
We marvel at how so many Tigers contributed key at-bats, impressive pitching and defensive gems. There was literally a new hero every game.
Which brings us to the mighty challenge for TT readers.
It’s a challenge that’s meant to be tough. That’s what makes this fun!
If you had to pick one – just one as Lay’s tells us – which Tiger would get your MVP vote for both sets of playoff games?
Which Tiger gets your vote for MVP of both playoff series?

1. Beau Brieske

2. Kerry Carpenter

3. Andy Ibanez

4. Parker Meadows

5. Tarik Skubal

6. Trey Sweeney

7. Will Vest

8. Matt Vierling

VOTE
It came down to Meadows and Skubal for me. The Grand Slam given up in game 5 was the tiebreaker. Meadows it is.

Back