Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

True.

Also Tom, if he does get suspended, there will be many teams who think his solid year might have been ped use. No doubt he will get an offer but I'm thinking a 1 year deal maybe worth 3.2m a year.

That's what I thought about Melky but he got a 2 year deal for $16M after he actually failed a drug test!

Last edited:
And miss the chance at a title? He would rather admit something he didn't do and miss a playoff opportunity for a chance to start FA on the right track? A deal that might be small considering he's coming off a suspension. Makes no sense.

Again, you're looking at this through the eyes of an American. I highly doubt most latino kids grow up and dream about playing in the World Series like American kids do. Most are probably pretty happy just to have a much better life. I think you're overvaluing what a WS ring means to players like Jhonny in the long run.

Again, you're looking at this through the eyes of an American. I highly doubt most latino kids grow up and dream about playing in the World Series like American kids do. Most are probably pretty happy just to have a much better life. I think you're overvaluing what a WS ring means to players like Jhonny in the long run.

I don't buy that. I think its huge for them.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...nday-for-arod-12-others-including-3-new-names
MLB bans loom Monday for A-Rod, 12 others -- including 3 new names.
from cbssports

Yankees have been told A-Rod is being suspended tomorrow, but also that if he appeals Selig not using his CBA powers to keep from field.
Thus, as long as A-Rod does appeal and doesn't incur a new injury he is playing tomorrow nite for Yankees.

Last edited:
I wonder if MLB will set a new deadline. Geez, get on with already?

MLB could not have handled this more poorly. Totally unprofessional and ridiculous that they haven't released the suspensions long ago. It's almost like they want this to be a bigger black eye for baseball.

It would be nice if they released the evidence as well.

MLB could not have handled this more poorly. Totally unprofessional and ridiculous that they haven't released the suspensions long ago. It's almost like they want this to be a bigger black eye for baseball.

I heard on MLB radio today that the reason they used today as the deadline was for 2 reasons

1) so the players that were suspended for 50 games would be eligible for the playoffs
2) so it wouldn't drag on to next season for the players that are suspended for 50 games

I think you may be over simplifying this entire thing. It's not like they have 20 positive tests. They have paperwork that implicates MLB players and a crooked drug dealer pointing fingers. They (MLB) has to make sure they have enough GOOD evidence before they just start handing out suspensions.

I heard on MLB radio today that the reason they used today as the deadline was for 2 reasons

1) so the players that were suspended for 50 games would be eligible for the playoffs
2) so it wouldn't drag on to next season for the players that are suspended for 50 games

I think you may be over simplifying this entire thing. It's not like they have 20 positive tests. They have paperwork that implicates MLB players and a crooked drug dealer pointing fingers. They (MLB) has to make sure they have enough GOOD evidence before they just start handing out suspensions.

So lets take a stand on players using peds but allow them to participate in the playoffs? Way to step up MLB :lmao:

So lets take a stand on players using peds but allow them to participate in the playoffs? Way to step up MLB :lmao:

step up? they made the penalties and now you want them to forget those that were agreed to?

50 games first offense, 100 games second offense, which is why Arod is fighting being suspended 214. But there is no caveat that says players would be banned from postseason play.

step up? they made the penalties and now you want them to forget those that were agreed to?

50 games first offense, 100 games second offense, which is why Arod is fighting being suspended 214. But there is no caveat that says players would be banned from postseason play.

Yes, he's fighting for 214. Do you expect him to get 100? Of course not, MLB can do whatever it wants..

I agree but I also expect him to get much more than 50 games.

If they had offered him the same deal as Braun, I'm thinking he would have taken it. He has said as much.

He's a real prick, but no more guilty than Braun.

If they had offered him the same deal as Braun, I'm thinking he would have taken it. He has said as much.

He's a real prick, but no more guilty than Braun.

That leads me to believe they have lots of stuff on him because 65 seems like a walk in the park.

That leads me to believe they have lots of stuff on him because 65 seems like a walk in the park.

On Braun? It was a fluff sentence. Braun failed a test, lied about it, and was on biogenesis papers, it should have been 100 games, especially since he refused to cooperate the first time they talked to him.

Back