Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

If you've been following this, both Peralta and Montero were on a list not associated with purchases, use or distribution.

So unless he discusses how his name appeared on manifests and/or log there, he is subject to a suspension.

Either that or Jhonny has lied to us about his association with Biogenesis.

And therein lies the problem. If they can't prove he received, used, or sold, PED's then I don't see how they suspend him. Then threaten him with a longer suspension will would affect his contract year.

Selig is doing the hardass stance 15 years too late. Jason Giambi admitted to using steroids, never suspended. But Montero and Peralta knew someone who sold them, though no proof they used, or purchased them...and they are getting suspensions. Somethings rotten in the state of baseball.

This statement by Peralta below (in Becks Blog) indicates no one from MLB Investigation team has talked to Jhonny.

When asked if he had been asked to testify by Major League Baseball, Peralta said, “No, I don’t talk to anybody yet.”
That includes team officials.

I look at that as good news.

Last edited:
This statement by Peralta below (in Becks Blog) indicates no one from MLB Investigation team has talked to Jhonny.

When asked if he had been asked to testify by Major League Baseball, Peralta said, “No, I don’t talk to anybody yet.”
That includes team officials.

I look at that as good news.

that could also be bad news. Him saying "I don't talk to anybody" doesn't mean they didn't ask. Maybe he was asked and didn't co-operate.

Last edited:
that could also be bad news. Him saying "I don't talk to anybody" doesn't mean they didn't ask. Maybe he was asked and didn't co-operate.

Tom, read the second line more carefully.

His response was to if he had been asked to testify by Major League Baseball.

they didn't ask him if he talked, they asked him if he was asked to talk.

If you've been following this, both Peralta and Montero were on a list not associated with purchases, use or distribution.

So unless he discusses how his name appeared on manifests and/or log there, he is subject to a suspension.

Either that or Jhonny has lied to us about his association with Biogenesis.

Then what list were they on? They shouldn't be on any list if they have nothing to do with Biogenesis.

Then what list were they on? They shouldn't be on any list if they have nothing to do with Biogenesis.

And he certainly wouldn't be accepting his upcoming suspension if he was innocent. Clearly he is guilty or the trade for Iggy doesn't happen. The Tigers already know it's coming and they know Jhonny isn't going to appeal.

And he certainly wouldn't be accepting his upcoming suspension if he was innocent. Clearly he is guilty or the trade for Iggy doesn't happen. The Tigers already know it's coming and they know Jhonny isn't going to appeal.

See you're wrong about him accepting the suspension even if he's innocent. As it's been reported, if he fights it he still might lose, and then that kills him on the FA market. So he can take a suspension and sit 50 games and be ready to go in 2014 with whoever signs him, or he can fight it and end up losing millions of dollars....it's a no brainer.

And I think the Iggy trade still would have happened, regardless of what happens to Peralta in 2013, we need a SS for 2014 and beyond.

He could have gone to see them and talked about getting something and then never actually following through, he still gets on the paper works as a consult, even though he might not have taken anything.

Hypothetically.

Things are not always as black and white as you think.

He could have gone to see them and talked about getting something and then never actually following through, he still gets on the paper works as a consult, even though he might not have taken anything.

Hypothetically.

Things are not always as black and white as you think.

True but IMO its still worth a suspension. Inquiring about peds is just as bad. And lying to us, which he has done apparently "i'm not on any list" is also worth a suspension.

True but IMO its still worth a suspension. Inquiring about peds is just as bad. And lying to us, which he has done apparently "i'm not on any list" is also worth a suspension.

So you're saying the thought police should arrest people for thinking about a crime even if they never commit one? :ashamed:

Also when Jhonny said "I'm not on any list" how do you figure he lied? you assume too much Mitch, for all we know he's talking about a list of people who bought, possess, or used PED's and if what he saying, and the evidence we have so far is correct, that's a true statement.

So you're saying the thought police should arrest people for thinking about a crime even if they never commit one? :ashamed:

Also when Jhonny said "I'm not on any list" how do you figure he lied? you assume too much Mitch, for all we know he's talking about a list of people who bought, possess, or used PED's and if what he saying, and the evidence we have so far is correct, that's a true statement.

In this instance, yeah. Because for one, there is no way to prove he didn't take it. MLB doesn't need much to suspend.

And you know that at times you can be taking something and come up clean, as far as a test goes.

In the end, his name was on the list. A list that Jhonny P. said he shouldn't be on. He's most likely not telling the truth, because he's a baseball player and they all lie.

Did you ever pursue a product-line with a phone call first?

Upon that initial phone call, did you ever ask to be given (verbally or physically) some information about their products?

That's how 'lists' and 'manifests' get formed. Or Peralta's name could have referred to, by someone else.

Everyone is guessing now and that includes you and me.

Last edited:

This. In 10 foot letters.

If Peralta is guilty of something then I'm all for the punishment. But I don't like witch hunts that threaten a players livelihood based on the fact he may be on some paper, even though he was not a customer.

Guilt by association is bullshit, and if Peralta consulted about using something and then declined, I don't see that as a crime.

But until we know for sure, based on the evidence (so called) we have so far, I'm willing to give him and anyone the benefit of the doubt for now, and not trust the speculation that many of these terrible hack reporters are spitting out as fact.

Did you ever pursue a product-line with a phone call first?

Upon that initial phone call, did you ever ask to be given (verbally or physically) some information about their products?

That's how 'lists' and 'manifests' get formed. Or Peralta's name could have referred to, by someone else.

This wasn't a call about a new pair of jeans. This was about illegal drugs. There is a difference and a big difference.

"Hi Sir, I'm Jhonny Peralta. I'm curious about your latest line of peds. Pricing info, long lasting ability, things like that" :lmao:

This wasn't a call about a new pair of jeans. This was about illegal drugs. There is a difference and a big difference.

"Hi Sir, I'm Jhonny Peralta. I'm curious about your latest line of peds. Pricing info, long lasting ability, things like that" :lmao:

No, they are not illegal. They are a banned substance in most professional sports, but when obtained though a clinic, like Biogenesis, they are perfectly legal as far as the law is concerned.

You biggest problem Mitch is your making huge assumptions/accusations on miniscule knowledge of the facts.

No, they are not illegal. They are a banned substance in most professional sports, but when obtained though a clinic, like Biogenesis, they are perfectly legal as far as the law is concerned.

You biggest problem Mitch is your making huge assumptions/accusations on miniscule knowledge of the facts.

I base those assumptions on the fact that player after player lie. They all deny. Every single one. Do you really think he called them up for use outside of Baseball?

Peds are illegal, MLB wise. Any smart person would stay away from then unless they had an intent on using. Intent are worth suspensions.

Back