Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

They're playing too nice. They have all this evidence and when the suspension is up he gets 60 more mill.

Whoa there!
Steinbrenner family will then have an additional two years to get out of the remaining A-Rod contract.

I do believe the courts in Manhattan will decide A-Rod's future beyond a two year suspension.

I think Arod deserves the same penalty as Braun got.

I think that Jhonny should appeal his so he can finish out they year with the Tigers.

If Jhonny gets suspended, he either is lying about his involvement, or not cooperating / answering questions of MLB investigators.

Whoa there!
Steinbrenner family will then have an additional two years to get out of the remaining A-Rod contract.

I do believe the courts in Manhattan will decide A-Rod's future beyond a two year suspension.

How though? No precedent. In a way I'm fine with the NYY getting screwed.

Whoa there!

No. The players union will never let his contract be voided. Tough shit for the Yankees. If Arod was still a productive player like Braun, they would still want him, but the reason they want out of his contract is his lack of production and injuries....well tough shit, you wrote the contract, you honor the contract like with everyone else.

They simply cannot void Arod's contract unless everyone with the same infractions also has their contracts voided. The Manhattan courts will have no say, because it will never get that far.

No. The players union will never let his contract be voided. Tough shit for the Yankees. If Arod was still a productive player like Braun, they would still want him, but the reason they want out of his contract is his lack of production and injuries....well tough shit, you wrote the contract, you honor the contract like with everyone else.

They simply cannot void Arod's contract unless everyone with the same infractions also has their contracts voided. The Manhattan courts will have no say, because it will never get that far.

As much as I don't like that A-rod used PED's I would rather him get off if it meant the Yankees having to eat that contract!

The pundits all seem to believe its a foregone conclusion that peralta will get suspended, I think this hurts the tigers the most if so, Texas is falling off and fatboy in oak already served it.

What pundits? Becuase everything I have read, indicates IF Peralta is suspended, it will not happen until next year. Unless, like Braun, he agrees to a DEAL!

Being there's no language to support a lifetime ban yet, A-Rod probably wins in Manhattan. But being he was already admitted use, the Steinbrenners will probably challenge the Union in Court.

What pundits? Becuase everything I have read, indicates IF Peralta is suspended, it will not happen until next year. Unless, like Braun, he agrees to a DEAL!

those espn and mlb network guys seems like everytime they talk about it, any of them, they all speak as if it's already a foregone conclusion that he will be suspended. But yes appealing it is a whole nother matter if Bud does ring him up hopefully an appeal will drag it into next year. Or better yet I would love it if those pundits had to eat it.

Didn't Peralta just say the other day, "if my name is linked someone is lying".

That Peralta will agree to a suspension is just the author guessing. I really hate that kind of journalism, where someone prints their own suppositions as fact.

He has no fucking clue, at least not any more then you or I do, what Jhonny will do IF he's told he qualifies for a suspension.

Maybe he has an inside source? Either way, a future SS is always good. I was dreading having Ramon as our everyday SS in 2014.

Maybe he has an inside source? Either way, a future SS is always good. I was dreading having Ramon as our everyday SS in 2014.

Thankfully he is a FA after this season. I hope that the guy they got yesterday is Ramon's replacement vs. Peralta's replacement.

9 players have been alerted by MLB thru union what MLB suspensions will be either 50gms or 50 plus a bit more if impeded investigation.
That group of 9 includes players such as Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta, Francisco Cervelli and Jesus Montero.
Joel Sherman

If the Players Union demands Jhonny not cooperate with MLB investigators, Selig could suspend him for that.

Peralta could be innocent and still not cooperate.... resulting in a suspension.

I know I know. Strange how Unions operate sometimes.

That's odd. Either way it appears his name was on the "list". I can't imagine it was on there because Jhonny P. is completely innocent.

That's odd. Either way it appears his name was on the "list". I can't imagine it was on there because Jhonny P. is completely innocent.

If you've been following this, both Peralta and Montero were on a list not associated with purchases, use or distribution.

So unless he discusses how his name appeared on manifests and/or log there, he is subject to a suspension.

Either that or Jhonny has lied to us about his association with Biogenesis.

Back