Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

So is MLB going to piece meal this stuff out to us and keep this story in the headlines for weeks or months? Seems like they'd want to get it over with.

Last edited:
So is MLB going to piece meal this stuff out to us and keep this story in the headlines for weeks or months? Seems like they'd want to get it over with.

I'm sure they would like to get each guy to start his suspension now and get it done and move on. However, each player has their own motivation as to how long to try and drag this out or get it over with. Braun is on a team that is out of the playoffs, he has had an injury filled year and he makes less this year than next year. He would be one that wants to get it over with. Nelson Cruz and Jhonny are on playoff teams. Those guys are probably going to appeal until the season is over with so they can play in the post season.

Last edited:
Hopefully no more Tigers are on that list. I already dont like the fact that Peralta is mentioned. 20 suspension coming. Kinda scary!

Well obviously the 50 game ban followed by 100 game ban and out for life ban is now "negotiate yourself" ban. Someone who gets 100 is going to be crying foul that he should get only 65. The precedent has been set and makes MLB look more like a boob.

Jim Bowden ex GM and current blabbermouth on XM Baseball Channel says the Tigers could be interested in alexi ramirez or Brendan Ryan if Peralta gets a suspension.

Ramirez wouldn't be bad (definitely improve the defense) but the other guy forgot how to hit. Though I still think its moot because IMO, Peralta will appeal and 2014 he gets suspended.

Last edited:
Ramirez wouldn't be bad (definitely improve the defense) but the other guy forgot how to hit. Though I still think its moot because IMO, Peralta will appeal and 2014 he gets suspended.

I don't put much stock into most of Bowden's thoughts,
ramirez dogged it in last nights game, didn't go over well with whitesox, Ryan has had incredible defensive values past few years in every one of those type ratings, including wars, but probably some pitchers that hit better than he can.
The thing with Jhonny is whether he appeals, and puts it off until next year, or admits guilt and does some suspension this year, well either way the Tigers have to get a shortstop, and if they don't want Peralta back next year if he is found guilty then it has to be an everyday shortstop moving forward.

edit; and as if on cue from the freep.
http://www.freep.com/article/20130723/SPORTS02/307230090/1050/rss15
Analyst: Alexei Ramirez might be best trade option if Detroit Tigers' Jhonny Peralta is suspended.

Last edited:
I don't put much stock into most of Bowden's thoughts,
ramirez dogged it in last nights game, didn't go over well with whitesox, Ryan has had incredible defensive values past few years in every one of those type ratings, including wars, but probably some pitchers that hit better than he can.
The thing with Jhonny is whether he appeals, and puts it off until next year, or admits guilt and does some suspension this year, well either way the Tigers have to get a shortstop, and if they don't want Peralta back next year if he is found guilty then it has to be an everyday shortstop moving forward.

edit; and as if on cue from the freep.
http://www.freep.com/article/20130723/SPORTS02/307230090/1050/rss15
Analyst: Alexei Ramirez might be best trade option if Detroit Tigers' Jhonny Peralta is suspended.

If I were Jhonny I would appeal it and try to play out the rest of the season. He has a chance to win a WS with this team and he may never get that chance again. Also, he will probably make less money next year so the games without pay will cost him less $.

Ex-Tiger Tony Clark has officially been named deputy executive director of players union. First "succession plan" step for Michael Weiner.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/07/23/biogene.../?sct=uk_t2_a3
Important dates nearing for Biogenesis-linked players on postseason contenders.
from sportsillustrated

After August 7th affects the post season for Peralta.

Tigers Peralta after Braun suspension: "I have no comment on that, Every day I just try to play the game."

Last edited:
Max Scherzer on Braun, He is not only glad he got caught, but suspension should have been longer: "The punishment doesn't fit the crime yet."

Scherzer: "Even with 50 and 100 game suspensions, there's still an incentive to cheat. As players, we're fed up with that.
one more from #Tigers Scherzer about Braun: "The whole thing has been despicable on his part."

Last edited:
Max Scherzer on Braun, He is not only glad he got caught, but suspension should have been longer: "The punishment doesn't fit the crime yet."

Scherzer: "Even with 50 and 100 game suspensions, there's still an incentive to cheat. As players, we're fed up with that.
one more from #Tigers Scherzer about Braun: "The whole thing has been despicable on his part."

That is a very strong statement with him knowing that his own teammate is on the list of cheaters!

I don't know. I thought Max's comments were based on the fact that Braun cheated....not how he acted.

Sherzer: "When he did get caught, he never came clean. He tried to question the ability of the collector. And he was caught red-handed," he said. "That's why there's so much player outrage toward him, because of how brash he was toward MLB and how brash he was in his defense."

He seemed to be pretty pissed about how he handled it.

That is a very strong statement with him knowing that his own teammate is on the list of cheaters!

Maybe that why it was such a strong statement. Scherzer trying to say it's not okay no matter who is doing it.

MLB need more of it's stars to step up denounce players and PED's publicly.

Back