Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

I get that, minor leaguer's a side, but even the Don Kelly's of the world make a lot of money.

If I were a fringe player even making $500K a year.....If I thought I could get a $60M guaranteed contract if I shot a needle in my ass I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it.

If I were a fringe player even making $500K a year.....If I thought I could get a $60M guaranteed contract if I shot a needle in my ass I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it.

Fringe players making 500k don't jump up and get 60m contracts. It takes time.

his 50 game suspension netted him a 2 year $16 Million contract.

It was reported

"Before Melky Cabrera was suspended this past summer, the Giants were engaged in conversations with Cabrera about a deal that would?ve paid the outfielder something in the range of $75 million of $85 million ?"

He still got over on MLB. He was what I consider to be an average to below average player. He took PEDs and got a big spike in his stats, got busted, suspended and a MLB team still gave him $16M.

Ryan Braun suspended by MLB rest of 2013 season, the first major leaguer linked to Biogenesis scandal to be disciplined.

Braun is not fighting suspension, which starts immediately. Apologizes to teammates, fans and team.

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." - Ryan Braun.
Braun accepts the suspension, which just destroyed the MLBPA's hopes for a unified front.

Last edited:
So he gets a 65 game suspension. Doesn't hurt him or the Brewers, the team stinks. I'd rather it be at the start of 2014.

Ryan Braun suspended by MLB rest of 2013 season, the first major leaguer linked to Biogenesis scandal to be disciplined.

Braun is not fighting suspension, which starts immediately. Apologizes to teammates, fans and team.

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." - Ryan Braun.
Braun accepts the suspension, which just destroyed the MLBPA's hopes for a unified front.

He is the guy they wanted in the worst way. He gets a +- 70 game ban at the end of a meaningless season. I would rather they start the ban next year.

Maybe with their season getting flushed, the brewers asked him to take the suspension this year.

It's going to hurt his pocket.

Yeah because we know he's barely making it. And when he gets back he'll be raking in the money again. MLB needs more stipulations like taking his MVP back, allowing teams to void his contract etc.

Yeah because we know he's barely making it.

You have to remember Mitch while he has earned a lot of money, his lifestyle is not like yours. Give you 2 million dollars and if you kept the same lifestyle you could live easily for years and years. but once people become millionaires, they buy big houses in fancy neighborhoods, pay enormous taxes, and have expensive tastes.

If you don't think he's going to feel the equivalent of losing almost half a years income, you probably don't understand finance very well.

Besides, sports personalities don;t ever seem to live well within their means, which is why you see so many super bowl rings and Heisman trophies getting auctioned for cash.

You have to remember Mitch while he has earned a lot of money, his lifestyle is not like yours. Give you 2 million dollars and if you kept the same lifestyle you could live easily for years and years. but once people become millionaires, they buy big houses in fancy neighborhoods, pay enormous taxes, and have expensive tastes.

If you don't think he's going to feel the equivalent of losing almost half a years income, you probably don't understand finance very well.

Besides, sports personalities don;t ever seem to live well within their means, which is why you see so many super bowl rings and Heisman trophies getting auctioned for cash.

That's the thing right there, 6 months, 6 paychecks. If this was it, then maybe but 6 months - he'll float by because he knows he'll start collecting checks again.

He'll be fine. Though I do love this "We commend Ryan Braun for taking responsibility for his past actions," said Rob Manfred, Executive Vice President, Economics & League Affairs for Major League Baseball.

He didn't take any responsibility, lied for years.

Last edited:
Braun is already set for life if he has invested most of his prior MLB income prudently and wisely, which I tend to think that he has. However his status with likely the majority of the Brewers fanbase and his legacy in MLB will be forever tainted like his urine sample allegedly was. Wouldn't be very surprised if Milwaukee attempts to trade him during the next off-season, so that he and the ballclub can try to put this scandal behind them that much faster.

Last edited:
I used to live in Green Bay. A lot of pissed of Brewers fans today. Many of them wishing out loud that they'd have made Prince their long term player and not Braun. I'm sure some of them are just blowing off steam but I get the feelings others actually mean it.

Back