Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Borges GONE

See get cam as OC and reunite with John Harbaugh in a year

assuming the hypothetical staff of Hoke-Cameron-Mattison team is successful, do you see Brandon forcing Hoke out/firing him after 2014? or would Hoke step down like Bump Elliott?

No way Cam leaves LSU. He is the 2nd highest paid cordinator at a perennial powerhouse

Some things you're overlooking.

He loves Michigan
Mattison and him were coordinators together for the ravens
Michigan has the money to match or exceed what he makes at lsu

This is happening.

Please god

That and it's pretty much being reported as widely as anything that's a matter of when, not if

Some things you're overlooking.

He loves Michigan
Mattison and him were coordinators together for the ravens
Michigan has the money to match or exceed what he makes at lsu

This is happening.

Please god

He is also best friends with Les since their days on the U of M staff, heck they are even godfathers to eachothers kids.

Not to mention LSU is a perennial power and He would be leaving to coach under a HC that is on the hot seat

Well, look what happened the last time we got "all excited" over a Kirk Herbstreit tease. He was either full of shit, or his tease scared off Les Miles and fucked the whole thing up.

I'm more than a little intrigued now though...

Yeah, why would Cameron want to come to MICHIGAN?!

Cameron spent the first ten years of his career at the University of Michigan, where he learned from long-time Wolverine coach Bo Schembechler. After two years as a graduate assistant, he became Michigan's youngest assistant and was responsible for tutoring quarterbacks and receivers (WRs 1986-1989, WRs/QBs 1990-1993). He coached many future NFL players, including Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Amani Toomer, Derrick Alexander and Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard.[3] Cameron served as an assistant at Michigan alongside future head coaches Lloyd Carr, Gary Moeller, Les Miles, and Mike DeBord. His fellow graduate assistant was Mike Trgovac, who is currently the defensive line coach of the Green Bay Packers, after serving six years as the defensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers.

He is also best friends with Les since their days on the U of M staff, heck they are even godfathers to eachothers kids.

Not to mention LSU is a perennial power and He would be leaving to coach under a HC that is on the hot seat

You think Les would be like NO don't go to Michigan! Pretty sure he would say see you in a year or two buddy!

“@footballscoop: Oh my, if what I just heard is true, Michigan is getting quite a good OC. Not LSU’s though. Allow me to confirm...”

Ok, so it's a college OC that is "quite good" and of whom the fan base will be excited.

It's not Cam Cameron...

Presumably a power, downhill run type guy...

I'm stumped!

Edit: No way it's Doug Nussmeier from 'Bama, is it?!

Last edited:
Any chance it's Kubiak? Not sure why, I just feel like it's going to be someone not even on our radar.

Well, let's see here...

If you're the OC at Alabama, why would you come to UM?

Here are just a couple reasons.

1. Total and complete autonomy, working for a head coach who won't interfere b/c he doesn't know shit about offense.
2. Money.
3. If you do your job well but the HC shits the bed and gets fired, inside track for a HC job at a big school.

The only potential downside might be that UM becomes a stepping stone for him, but IMO well worth the risk.

Back