Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly interviewed at Philadelphia

Was about to post this.

How bad of an ending it would be haha. Undefeated season then get embarrassed and lose your coach.

Apparently there is mutual interest as well.

I'd rather him stay so we can beat the shit out of him for two years.

And then...he has my permission to leave. Bane voice*

The Bears are also trying to interview him. I dont think he would leave but if he does it could be a mess for ND. Signing day is only less than 4 weeks away and if they dont have a coach the vultures will be circling their class.

I agree, he'll stay.

Love,
There is being the Head Coach and then there is being the Head Coach at Nu-uh-oh-trah-dame

Sadly he is probably just pulling the Les Miles I want more money so I will let it be known that I have talked to another team tactic. Les has mastered it.

My Domer buddy says it's for "a JumboTron and Field Turf"

Heh, probably true. But no matter how hard they try, Noter Dame will never be MICHIGAN.

I'm not so sure if he's pulling that. Ever since I saw what kind of a person he is while I was at CMU, and watched him have this meteoric rise through the collegiate ranks, I would not be shocked at all if he took a job in the NFL.

He's just the type of guy to bolt. I hope he does, that would be funny. Just as ND fans thought they were "returning to glory" their coach bolts and there's no viable replacements.

I'm not so sure if he's pulling that. Ever since I saw what kind of a person he is while I was at CMU, and watched him have this meteoric rise through the collegiate ranks, I would not be shocked at all if he took a job in the NFL.

I thought the exact same thing when he was here at Cincinnati. That is one VERY ambitious dude. He is arrogant as hell. Whatever one considers the highest level, that's where he believes he should be. The question for me is, which is more esteemed, the HC at ND or the HC of the Bears or Eagles? Me personally, I can't think of anything worse than having to constantly sell my program to 17-18 year old boys. But if you believe what you read, he loved shaking hands and kissing babies when he was in politics. So who knows.

That would be funny if he bolted, but I don't think he will. His coaching style lends itself more towards college than pro.

The noter dame tears would be delicious though...

Style matters little as compared to success nowadays. I don't think Chip Kelly's style would have worked at all in the NFL, and everyone though he was as good as gone. If Philadelphia offers him a spot, I think he has the arrogance to take it.

Now that leaves the all important question....who's the bigger douche, Kelly or Kiffen?

Now that leaves the all important question....who's the bigger douche, Kelly or Kiffen?

Kiffin is the bigger douche. He was born a douche and it's probably his parents fault. They named him Lane. I have never met anyone named Lane who wasn't a total douche. It's a douche name and he is just living up to it. Kelly is a self-centered asshole. He doesn't care about anyone other than himself, see scissor lift in high wind, and he will leave any job to better his own situation. Even if he did just say there is no way he would leave his current job.

Mmmm... I would be surprised if he did that at this point. he almost should, because ND isn't going to go undefeated again anytime soon. then again, he has plenty of security at ND; consider that a 10 win season against a cushy schedule in '05 brought Fat Charlie like 5 more years of mediocrity and $10 million or whatever. Kelly could take a leak on Notre Dame cathedral right now and he wouldn't get in trouble.

Mmmm... I would be surprised if he did that at this point. he almost should, because ND isn't going to go undefeated again anytime soon. then again, he has plenty of security at ND; consider that a 10 win season against a cushy schedule in '05 brought Fat Charlie like 5 more years of mediocrity and $10 million or whatever. Kelly could take a leak on Notre Dame cathedral right now and he wouldn't get in trouble.

Good point. It would be wise for him to bail after all the luck he had this year. I don't think his untouchable status will last though.

Last edited:
Good point. It would be wise for him to bail after all the luck he had this year. I don't think his untouchable status will last though.

the dude received no noticeable heat over the first couple seasons, even though he had unimpressive record and his team ran up an actual body count. since then he went 12-0. he's untouchable until back-to-back losing seasons at least.

Kiffin is the bigger douche. He was born a douche and it's probably his parents fault. They named him Lane. I have never met anyone named Lane who wasn't a total douche. It's a douche name and he is just living up to it. Kelly is a self-centered asshole. He doesn't care about anyone other than himself, see scissor lift in high wind, and he will leave any job to better his own situation. Even if he did just say there is no way he would leave his current job.

OK this is funny. True and funny lol.

Back