Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly interviewed at Philadelphia

My daughter has 2 friends named Avery one boy one girl. I have no clue who she is talking about half the time. And she has a girlfriend named Peyton. And the boy she likes is named Cooper. So I feel all of your pain lol.

Well Harry has had a resurgence based on two attributable factors: Prince Harry of Wales and Harry Potter

Henry also seems to have made a comeback

They were both hot. Musberger was just being a guy and giving a compliment. She(Miss Alabama) actually thought Musberger should had never had to give an apology. Espn came down on the white man, but had to be pushed into going after Rob Parker. The network is total garbage.

I didn't think his mom was hot.

If I had not been snipped, I definitely would have named my next kid Barkevious. Boy or girl, wouldn't matter.

As a lifetime ND fan (go ahead - lay into me!). I would be lying if I said that I will be oissed if Kelly leaves. He has done a hell of a job at ND and it would be difficult to replace him with a equal level coach. That being said, not all is lost for ND if he does leave..he would be the first coach since Holtz to leave the program in better condition then when he got it. The popular replacement out there would be Charlie Strong or Pat Fitzgerald..not Kelly, but not bad either. Also, even if the two or three recruits who are now thinking about de-committing from ND actually do leave, ND still has a top 5 class.

ND has the most momentum it's had in quite some time, and although it would suck to see Kelly leave, I think ND is more attractive now then it's been in a long time and a suitable replacement could be found.

In my opinion, I think he stays, and is using this to get more $$, but who knows with coaches anymore...they all talk out of their asses.

Momentum or no, it would set ND back again. Recruits scramble, players leave, philosophy changes. Look at CMU, Cincy. CMU has faded back into oblivion, and Cincinatti was awful the year after Kelly left (lucky enough, they found a decent replacement).

I highly doubt Fitzgerald would leave NW. U of M tried very hard to get him and he wouldnt leave.

Momentum or no, it would set ND back again. Recruits scramble, players leave, philosophy changes. Look at CMU, Cincy. CMU has faded back into oblivion, and Cincinatti was awful the year after Kelly left (lucky enough, they found a decent replacement).

No way, dude, CMU won the Pizza Bowl.

You guys ever hear the lawsuit over a little girl named 'R-ia?'

LOL good point. Enos is on a pretty short leash though. He needs a breakthrough season.

I have no doubt it would hurt ND, that is why I would be upset..but comparing CMU and Cinny to ND is laughable.

How much it would hurt ND is debatable, but it will def have an impact. Being a fan of the team I hope that it's not a substantial step back, but who knows..

Last edited:
ND says that Kelly is returning. I am sure they will release word on his extension soon.

I'm not comparing CMU and Cincinatti to ND. It doesnt matter if you are the worst D3 school in the world, or the best D1 school, when your coach leaves, the program will fall back.

ND would be even more sensitive to this guy leaving. ND has been irrelevant, like it or not, for a LONG time. This guy finally gets you going, and when he leaves (which he will), it's going to hurt.

Last edited:
I'm not comparing CMU and Cincinatti to ND. It doesnt matter if you are the worst D3 school in the world, or the best D1 school, when your coach leaves, the program will fall back.

ND would be even more sensitive to this guy leaving. ND has been irrelevant, like it or not, for a LONG time. This guy finally gets you going, and when he leaves (which he will), it's going to hurt.

No doubt about it that ND has been irrelevant, but it would be easier to find a solid coach for ND then a coach for CMU. But anyways, as I stated before, I don't want him to leave and will be disappointed if he does. I agree it will hurt the program, which will be a shame cuz it's been a while since ND has had a capable coach.

Ya, it appears that Kelly is staying. This makes me happy. I think that ND will be relevant from now on with him at the helm. Will they go 12-1 every year? Hell no,but I think the days of mediocrity are gone.

I also think that UofM is heading in the right direction too. I wasn't sold on Hoke as a coach, but you can't argue with his success so far. He seems to beat great motivator, and I'm looking forward to the yearly battles between the two schools.

I also hope that MSU gets back to being a force in the Big ten, only because I think it's good for the State of Michigan to have a healthy rivalry. Also, I can't stand OSU and never want them to win shit!

I think Sparty starts to slide. They will have good years but I dont see them being a force for a while.

Kelly is staying, for now. When the NFL comes calling again next year, or the year after that, he'll go. He is the nomad of college football coaches, and he wants the pinnacle. That's the nature of who he is.

Back