Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Broyles

If there's 2 more in addition to Calvin, Tate, and Ross then I'd say Broyles and Durham.

I think the WR on that list are too close in skill to give up on a 2nd round pick already and to cut Stafford's buddy who despite his criticism has decent chemistry with Stafford.

CJ, Tate, Ross, Durham, Broyles and Ogletree are my guess. Would like it if Fuller somehow slipped in there. Love his speed...

There is no reason to keep Broyles. Can't stay healthy. He has played 16 NFL games and has 30 catches for less than 400 yards. I say cut him.

There is no reason to keep Broyles. Can't stay healthy. He has played 16 NFL games and has 30 catches for less than 400 yards. I say cut him.

He can stay healthy. You can overcome two years of injury. Broyles was very durable in college until the end. He works hard in rehab, he looks explosive with no hindrances. You definitely keep Broyles.

The real question is, if he stays healthy do you want him? Injury history is one thing, the guy is either terribly injury prone (kind of what I think) or has been in the wrong place at the wrong time, 3 times. His ability to produce if/when he stays healthy is the issue. I think he gets a chance this year, and its the last chance.

He can stay healthy. You can overcome two years of injury. Broyles was very durable in college until the end. He works hard in rehab, he looks explosive with no hindrances. You definitely keep Broyles.

He was healthy in college...until the end! Since then he has been hurt. He works hard in rehab...he has nothing else to do since he is always in rehab.

He was healthy in college...until the end! Since then he has been hurt. He works hard in rehab...he has nothing else to do since he is always in rehab.

He could easily stay healthy this year. He appears the healthiest he has ever been. Even over 2012 offseason. He's getting one more chance.

And at worst you activate Jones off PUP eventually or Fuller from practice squad if Broyles gets hurt.

Last edited:
He has a chance stay healthy this year. He appears the healthiest he has ever been but he hasn't been taking many hits. Even over 2012 offseason when he wasn't taking hits. He's getting one more chance because Mayhew doesn't want to cut another high draft pick.

When he gets hurt in week 2 you activate Jones off PUP eventually or Fuller from practice squad when Broyles gets hurt.

fify

You said earlier that preseason games weren't worth watching so I assume you didn't watch them. Broyles has made plays in every game. He gets one last shot to play and stay healthy.

I hope they give him some time with the ones tonight.

You said earlier that preseason games weren't worth watching so I assume you didn't watch them. Broyles has made plays in every game. He gets one last shot to play and stay healthy.

Agreed. Hard to imagine there being enough balls to go around with all these receivers and tes, this is going to be an electric season if they stay healthy.

Broyles makes the roster because he absorbs the playbook with ease, and also imo runs the best routes of all the receivers. I wouldn't count this guy out yet. Every Lion is rooting for this kid, maybe we should do the same. Especially if he is healthy and stays healthy. Looking forward to seeing this kid produce more than anyone on this roster including the rookies. I do agree that this should be his last chance.

Broyles makes the roster because he absorbs the playbook with ease, and also imo runs the best routes of all the receivers. I wouldn't count this guy out yet. Every Lion is rooting for this kid, maybe we should do the same. Especially if he is healthy and stays healthy. Looking forward to seeing this kid produce more than anyone on this roster including the rookies. I do agree that this should be his last chance.

Agreed we should root for him. People like to use this as a good Mayhew bashing pick though. But he's a great kid with talent. If he does well, the Mayhew haters will be a little quieter.

Agreed we should root for him. People like to use this as a good Mayhew bashing pick though. But he's a great kid with talent. If he does well, the Mayhew haters will be a little quieter.

Truly healthy, we've got one of the best options at slot in the league

Truly healthy, we've got one of the best options at slot in the league

Might be a little to high of expectations for a guy with 30 career catches.

I would keep him on the roster along with Durham.

Might be a little to high of expectations for a guy with 30 career catches.

I would keep him on the roster along with Durham.

Hasn't been healthy. His health is the only doubt, never his ability

That's what they said about Stafford after two years, too.

Broyles has been excellent in preseason and if he's healthy, he's a really good target for Matt. No reason to let him go. Not going to help the cap. And a healthy broyles is the 3rd best WR on our team. If he gets hurt again, put his ass on IR and move on. Cutting Broyles would be a huge mistake. Well, maybe not huge, but it would be a mistake.

Back