Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Broyles

Judging college production is usually something I don't do, but Broyles ability to get open, run great routes, and catch a ton of passes at the college level means alot. He's an intelligent guy that will imo catch on to this offense way faster than any of our other options. No way should they cut him.

Hasn't been healthy. His health is the only doubt, never his ability

He's yet to prove anything in the NFL is my point. Let's let him play before we call him best slot WR. Talent is everywhere in the NFL.

He does seem to have the intelligence and drive to be good, but time will tell.

One of the best, get it right, lol. Yeah I did completely jump the gun with that. I'm excited to see what this kid does. 1st team offense and defense for tonight's game been released yet?

He was healthy in college...until the end! Since then he has been hurt. He works hard in rehab...he has nothing else to do since he is always in rehab.

Actually I disagree...hes done nothing when hes been on the field too lol.

Agreed we should root for him. People like to use this as a good Mayhew bashing pick though. But he's a great kid with talent. If he does well, the Mayhew haters will be a little quieter.

Hes not that talented....hence he was at Oklahoma til his senior year. Go look at the list of previous ncaa receptions leaders. ... none of them are any good.

Hes not that talented....hence he was at Oklahoma til his senior year. Go look at the list of previous ncaa receptions leaders. ... none of them are any good.

Maybe he actually wanted a college education? Do former nfl players go bankrupt because they can't do a thing outside of playing football? Jesus Hughes

Praise by actual NFL players and coaches is enough for me to realize he's more than just a guy who played well in college. They know he belongs here, and are just waiting for him to stay healthy, so they can say "I told you so".

I doubt getting your bachelor's degree will suddenly make you intelligent or more responsible with your money. If it's important to players, they can go back, do it online, whatever. Players go broke because they are morons.

Actually I disagree...hes done nothing when hes been on the field too lol.

He produced in 2012 playing half the snaps most games. The one game he played with 90% of the snaps he had over 100 yards (Houston). Injury limited his snaps and chances.

He has a good skillset (routes, YAC, good hands) and is a hard worker. He can produce for us. Year 3 is when WRs usually start producing more anyway.

Praise by actual NFL players and coaches is enough for me to realize he's more than just a guy who played well in college. They know he belongs here, and are just waiting for him to stay healthy, so they can say "I told you so".

people praised Tebow too...and he sucks!

You don't need a back up plan when you make millions of dollars. You invest a 16th of what players make over their career, and they are set for life. Not only that, players can get jobs as coaches, announcers, whatever. They are set for life as long as they don't go do coke and decide to live in a gutter.

people praised Tebow too...and he sucks!

Much different type of player. Tebow was never touted as a guy that had all the tools or really excelled at any part of his game. Broyles was a guy that excelled at the collegiate level because he did everything right at his position, can't say that about Tebow.

Last edited:
Much different type of player. Tebow was never touted as a guy that had all the tools or really excelled at any part of his game. Broyles was a guy that excelled at the collegiate level because he did everything right at his position, can't say that about Tebow.

Tebow put up great numbers in college who was drafted in the 1st round but couldn't cut it in the NFL

Broyles put up good numbers in college and was drafted in the 2nd round. He hasn't been able to cut it in the NFL due to getting injured. Maybe it's because he is small? I don't know.

Broyles would've been a 1st rounder w/o his injury. More than fair doubting him since he's done nothing. We'll c if he's a nfl worthy this season..hopefully.

You don't need a back up plan when you make millions of dollars. You invest a 16th of what players make over their career, and they are set for life. Not only that, players can get jobs as coaches, announcers, whatever. They are set for life as long as they don't go do coke and decide to live in a gutter.

And if you have a career ender day one? Not getting any tv or coaching job them. End up working at Kmart. An education is nice to have..

Ryan Broyles signed a $3.7M contract. To this point in his career he has made $2.2M.

40% of that went to Uncle Sam
4.5% went to the state of Michigan
Agents make between 5-10%..so let's go low at 5%

So far Broyles has had a net income of $1.1M

1/16 of $1.1M is $68,750

If he gets a good return on that he will make $5,500 a year off of that investment for the rest of his life!

Back