Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Broyles

It's not about being stupid but a degree is better way to get a better job. Depends where you go, so 20-25 then.

And the average, professional athlete don't work in TV or coaching or have enough money for their life. They need a job..

actually it is about being stupid. players that go broke and blow thru that much money...are stupid.

actually it is about being stupid. players that go broke and blow thru that much money...are stupid.

Maybe if they got an education they wouldnt?

And I know we've been talkin about different things, mine from dub from example..

Maybe if they got an education they wouldnt?

And I know we've been talkin about different things, mine from dub from example..

Last I checked they dont have classes called "hey fuckbag....dont spend millions of dollars in stripclubs" they actually have those classes in the nfl at rookie symposiums and such.

Who started at slot tonight?

Last edited:
Last I checked they dont have classes called "hey fuckbag....dont spend millions of dollars in stripclubs" they actually have those classes in the nfl at rookie symposiums and such.

They have those classes, just have to go to the right place.

I was disappointed to not see Broyles play with the 1st string offense last night. Once he came in, he made Orlovsky look like a halfway decent QB.

Broyles has led the Lions in receiving the last two games and was 3rd against Cleveland. He runs great routes and catches the ball. With Calvin and everyone else we have on offense, that's all he needs to do. He does that better than Durham, Ogletree, or any other player not named Calvin or Tate. He should be a lock to make the team and should see time on the field ahead of Ross or whoever else they've been playing in the slot.

I was disappointed to not see Broyles play with the 1st string offense last night. Once he came in, he made Orlovsky look like a halfway decent QB.

Broyles has led the Lions in receiving the last two games and was 3rd against Cleveland. He runs great routes and catches the ball. With Calvin and everyone else we have on offense, that's all he needs to do. He does that better than Durham, Ogletree, or any other player not named Calvin or Tate. He should be a lock to make the team and should see time on the field ahead of Ross or whoever else they've been playing in the slot.

I'm pulling for Broyles, but there's something about Ross and his growth in his short time in Detroit. If they split slot time, I'm fine with that.

I'm pulling for Broyles, but there's something about Ross and his growth in his short time in Detroit. If they split slot time, I'm fine with that.

I like Ross and I'm fine if he gets a couple plays on offense, but Broyles should be the #3 WR.

I like Ross and I'm fine if he gets a couple plays on offense, but Broyles should be the #3 WR.

slot is an odd position in this offense since you should technically see ebron there a lot of the time. Broyles has shown signs of returning to preinjury form....but even if hes 100% I think the lack of 4 wr sets will limit his snaps. And if were in a 4 WR set does durham go outside and Tate3 go to the slot???...probably.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Broyles has earned that based on a couple exhibition games. If he wants to be the starting slot let him earn it in the regular season.

I'm not sure Broyles has earned that based on a couple exhibition games. If he wants to be the starting slot let him earn it in the regular season.

It's not like he hasn't played well in the past when he was healthy. So it's not just a couple exhibition games.

And if he's not the #3 WR going into the season, how is he supposed to earn it? Continuing to play well in practice? Plus, who else has earned the #3 WR spot? Do you really think Ogletree or Ross should be there instead of Broyles?

Last edited:
slot is an odd position in this offense since you should technically see ebron there a lot of the time. Broyles has shown signs of returning to preinjury form....but even if hes 100% I think the lack of 4 wr sets will limit his snaps. And if were in a 4 WR set does durham go outside and Tate3 go to the slot???...probably.

I agree that the slot position is odd in this offense. But I could definitely see sets where we have Calvin and Tate outside, with Ebron and Broyles in both slots and Bush/Bell in the backfield. Or maybe Ebron lines up next to a tackle and just Broyles is in the slot.

I wouldn't expect Broyles to be a viable fantasy option, but I could see him catching 2-3 balls a game if he's able to stay healthy. Big if, but he definitely has the talent.

If he's not the #3 WR going into the season, how is he supposed to earn it? Continuing to play well in practice? Plus, who else has earned the #3 WR spot? Do you really think Ogletree or Ross should be there instead of Broyles?

Ebron will be there over broyles. And durham will probably play over him on the outside and tate will move inside if ebron is playing inline or hb.

I agree that the slot position is odd in this offense. But I could definitely see sets where we have Calvin and Tate outside, with Ebron and Broyles in both slots and Bush/Bell in the backfield. Or maybe Ebron lines up next to a tackle and just Broyles is in the slot.

I wouldn't expect Broyles to be a viable fantasy option, but I could see him catching 2-3 balls a game if he's able to stay healthy. Big if, but he definitely has the talent.

Hes been moving the chains this preseason....if he does get snaps that will give staff confidence to keep going to him.

It's not like he hasn't played well in the past when he was healthy. So it's not just a couple exhibition games.

And if he's not the #3 WR going into the season, how is he supposed to earn it? Continuing to play well in practice? Plus, who else has earned the #3 WR spot? Do you really think Ogletree or Ross should be there instead of Broyles?

I guess 30 receptions in 2 years doesn't give me the "he's definitely the slot guy". I don't necessary see Ross should be ahead of him but I've seen nothing that says Broyles should be the guy..has to be the guy. If they see Ross as the guy, good enough for me.

Hes been moving the chains this preseason....if he does get snaps that will give staff confidence to keep going to him.

He should be playing over ogletree though. How is ogletree any different that patrick Edwards in years past? I hear good things from practice but nothing in the games. And ogletree was in the slot a bit with the starting offense. I personally don't like it.

He should be playing over ogletree though. How is ogletree any different that patrick Edwards in years past? I hear good things from practice but nothing in the games. And ogletree was in the slot a bit with the starting offense. I personally don't like it.

This I agree with. I don't see anything from 'Tree.

It's kind of funny I hear caldwell talk about wanting receivers with good hands as part of his requirements. But continues to play Durham and ogletree over broyles. A double standard.

Back