Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Broyles

Broyles is working himself back into game shape. Let him adapt. Doesn't surprise me to see him work with the backups. I think he'll start as the #4, #5 for the year and will progress all year into a #3. He has allthe tools to succeed...

How this guy is running around without any tendons or ligaments in his legs is fucking amazing. Are we seeing the marvels of modern medicine or is this some kind of witchcraft? If he sold his soul to the devil I wouldnt be so concerned about a reinjury.

How this guy is running around without any tendons or ligaments in his legs is fucking amazing. Are we seeing the marvels of modern medicine or is this some kind of witchcraft? If he sold his soul to the devil I wouldnt be so concerned about a reinjury.

And he's showing some burst. Crazy!! He's not even 100% healthy yet and i can't wait for this kid to prove the doubters wrong. Rootin for this kid big time...

And he's showing some burst. Crazy!! He's not even 100% healthy yet and i can't wait for this kid to prove the doubters wrong. Rootin for this kid big time...

I don't think anyone doubted his talent, maybe the reasoning behind drafting a #4 wide out in the second round. Wasn't Titus still seeing shapes and colours then? other than that his doubters have been the medical community and Christian Fundamentalists like Cliff who question the status of his soul.

I don't think anyone doubted his talent, maybe the reasoning behind drafting a #4 wide out in the second round. Wasn't Titus still seeing shapes and colours then? other than that his doubters have been the medical community and Christian Fundamentalists like Cliff who question the status of his soul.

Personally, i think he was drafted as insurance to Titus. CJ #1, Titus #2 and Broyles #3 in the slot or vice versa. Broyles was coming off the injury and wasn't supposed to play. Let him sit and heal up. In the meantime, we have a nice "healthy" 1 and 2 to go on. But i use the word healthy a little loosely. Titus was acting up during the season and probably showed more signs of lunacy before the draft. My guess is Broyles was a complete insurance pick, hoping he overcomes his injuries and becomes a part of a lethal WR corp. It looks like that might be happening now. He's more gifted than the likes of Durham or Ogletree. Even Ross.

Add in Burleson too who had probably his best year as a Lion. But yeah I'm pulling for Broyles I think everyone is. Ross is his biggest barrier to a starting spot.

But yeah I'm pulling for Broyles I think everyone is.

I wouldn't say that everyone is pulling for him. I'd say alot of people were against the pick in the first place because of Broyles size and injury history, and having to wait 3 years for him to produce has only made them hate the pick more. It's understandable, and I'd given up on him too. But if he's truly healthy and it means we see less of guys like Durham and Ogletree, then I am officially Broyles #1 fan.

I wouldn't say that everyone is pulling for him. I'd say alot of people were against the pick in the first place because of Broyles size and injury history, and having to wait 3 years for him to produce has only made them hate the pick more. It's understandable, and I'd given up on him too. But if he's truly healthy and it means we see less of guys like Durham and Ogletree, then I am officially Broyles #1 fan.

I was against the pick. His injuries have done nothing to make me waver on being against the pick. I hope the guy scores 15 touchdowns this season.

I've disagreed with many of Detroit's decisions over the years but I will never be so self righteous that I root against them just so I can look smart. I'll never understand people that do that.

Hating on a guy and rooting for or against him are different. I'm rooting for Durham, our K and even fuckin' end zone Dan..thats what fans do.

nothing against broyles....its not his fault that mayhew picked him in rd 2 as a #4 bench wr. Sure im rooting for him because of his injuries and hes said all the right things and worked hard to get back on the field. But the fact were talking about a rd 2 pick in his 3rd year fighting for a #4 spot is not exactly where a rd 2 pick should be in his development. Hated the pick when it happened and to date its been about the type of production to be expected from a #4 wr.

Last edited:
nothing against broyles....its not his fault that mayhew picked him in rd 2 as a #4 bench wr. Sure im rooting for him because of his injuries and hes said all the right things and worked hard to get back on the field. But the fact were talking about a rd 2 pick in his 3rd year fighting for a #4 spot is not exactly where a rd 2 pick should be in his development. Hated the pick when it happened and to date its been about the type of production to be expected from a #4 wr.

Fighting for a #4 spot, lol. He'll be the starting slot in no time. Cj, Tate, Broyles, a kick returner, and a few goons is what I see on Detroit's roster as far as receivers go.

Fighting for a #4 spot, lol. He'll be the starting slot in no time. Cj, Tate, Broyles, a kick returner, and a few goons is what I see on Detroit's roster as far as receivers go.

tate cj ebron are on the field infront of him 90 times out of 100. Durham is probably on the field infront of him too. Hes not "starting" anything.....hes fighting to be the 4th wr on the field after tate cj and ebron.

Last edited:
All I know s the few plays I have seen in pre season which I hate he has looked healthy and good... I hope he makes it.. I have a soft spot for guys coming back from injuries.
He has had two really bad ones.....I hope he makes the 53..

Based on pre-season playing time it looks like Ogletree and Durham are ahead of him. So to keep Broyles they need to keep 6 WRs.

Based on pre-season playing time, Calvin is around 5th on the depth chart.

Based on pre-season playing time it looks like Ogletree and Durham are ahead of him. So to keep Broyles they need to keep 6 WRs.

cj tate durham broyles ross ogletree...they'll keep 6 since ross has solidified the return position and shown hes capable in a back up role as wr incase that dreaded concentrated injury bug hits us again lol. If theyre cutting anyone its ogletree...who doesn't really fit well at any position in this offense and has bounced numerous passes of his facemask this preseason.

durham and ogletree were in a battle for the last spot...durham won imo.

Also Jones or w/e his name is to PUP > PS. Fuller to PS. Id like to see them keep fuller over durham and ogltree personally due to sheer potential....but they wont.

Last edited:
I'd like Fuller over Durham too. Ogletree had a nice catch against Oakland to set up the second TD and the big block to spring Bush too. It's not just the bounce off the face mask. Agreed Ogletree doesn't fit either but he can play outside and slot well enough. That's more versatile than Durham who is outside only with poor separation. If Durham starts winning more jump balls then we'll talk.

And 6 WRs depends on alot of things. How many DL? 9 or 10 depends on Tapp. 5 safeties now due to Carey hamstring injury. 6 CBs with Greenwood/Vaughn making it. I could see 5 RBs easily. 3 QBs or 2?

6 WRs isn't a lock with plenty of people who can play slot. Tate, Ebron, Ogletree, Ross.

I actually want Calvin,Tate,Broyles,Ogletree,Fuller,Ross but don't see it happening.

And 6 WRs depends on alot of things. How many DL? 9 or 10 depends on Tapp. 5 safeties now due to Carey hamstring injury. 6 CBs with Greenwood/Vaughn making it. I could see 5 RBs easily. 3 QBs or 2?

6 WRs isn't a lock with plenty of people who can play slot. Tate, Ebron, Ogletree, Ross.

I actually want Calvin,Tate,Broyles,Ogletree,Fuller,Ross but don't see it happening.

Staffords boy is not going anywhere. Durham will be on the team and Im ok with that. He is a decent #5 or 6. But no way in hell should he have ever been the #2 or even 1 when Calvin was out. Fuller could go PS but I think he would be picked up by another team.

Back