Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Bet mine is worse. I literally use it to message Kaline once a year to ask if the board is down.

By the way, was the board down y?day? I couldn?t get on from phone, work or laptop but today I see tinsel and byco were posting in the morning.

By the way, was the board down y?day? I couldn?t get on from phone, work or laptop but today I see tinsel and byco were posting in the morning.

I was getting access forbidden errors and unsecured pages asking for passwords.

Same thought maybe the board just went poof Gondi and that was it, that is probably how it all ends one day, just wake up one day and gone no goodbyes

In other news back on thread topic we’re all in this together!

PWJ is going bananas

https://youtu.be/aCc2JsAUkwU

I got the same for almost 2 days. I thought I got banned.

only got it on Monday but I don't remember if I even tried on Sunday and it was back on Tuesday. When I got the same error on every device I figured it had to be a problem with the site - I've already been banned a couple times because certain uofm fans have very fragile egos and don't like it when people treat them in-kind, and kaline uniformly sides with them when they go running to him. Anyway, both times I got an email about it and I didn't get an email this time so I figured that wasn't it.

Last edited:
Bet mine is worse. I literally use it to message Kaline once a year to ask if the board is down.

I practically never twitter ever. I started a twitter account to follow secondary Michigan sports events - primarily softball and baseball - live, which obviously isn?t happening now.

I was hoping I was banned from the DSF.

Twitter is a dumpster fire, but there a few interesting accounts I follow.

Facebook is a plethora of the uninteresting and insignificant.

I don't like either but prefer FB to twitter because it's a better platform for sharing pics and staying in touch with far flung family. Twitter is useless for that and whatever news either provides is undifferentiated.

FB started out as a place to communicate with people I care about that I do not see regularly. After a bit, I was inundated with friend requests from people from HS that I never talked to in HS. Now, it?s a collection of pithy sayings and mundane achievements that simply bore me. Were I to express my opinions on selected issues, I?m sure I?d lose a lot of FB friends.

Last edited:
I started Facebook several years ago to follow events of a high school reunion that I didn’t want to go to, but wanted to see pics of and stuff. I don’t think I ever sent a friend request, except one to Billy Taylor.

Almost all my fb friends are former high school classmates. I get e-mail notifications when one of them posts something on their wall. I usually check them out; maybe reply to about one out of 25.

My profile pics are all of me with my dogs, so when people used to post about dogs I would reply “I hate dogs” - but how often can ya make the same dumb joke?

I’m seriously asking - how often? 50? 100?

FB started out as a place to communicate with people I care about that I do not see regularly. After a bit, I was inundated with friend requests from people from HS that I never talked to in HS. Now, it’s a collection of pithy sayings and mundane achievements that simply bore me. Were I to express my opinions on selected issues, I’m sure I’d lose a lot of FB friends.

You'd be surprised - I've done that and only managed to get rid of a couple of those "friends." I agree with you though - all those connections from people I barely remember makes it harder and harder to weed through the crap to see/share what I want. Still prefer it to Twitter.

Last edited:
Actually, there are some people (just a few) I’d like to communicate who may or may not be on FB, but I’m too inhibited to send a friend request. And then there that everyone else sees what we would post and I would not want that.

I started Facebook several years ago to follow events of a high school reunion that I didn?t want to go to, but wanted to see pics of and stuff. I don?t think I ever sent a friend request, except one to Billy Taylor.

Almost all my fb friends are former high school classmates. I get e-mail notifications when one of them posts something on their wall. I usually check them out; maybe reply to about one out of 25.

My profile pics are all of me with my dogs, so when people used to post about dogs I would reply ?I hate dogs? - but how often can ya make the same dumb joke?

I?m seriously asking - how often? 50? 100?

The limit is probably somewhere around the number of new friends you can or care to add.

You'd be surprised - I've done that and only managed to get rid of a couple. All those connections from people I barely remember makes it harder and harder to weed through the crap to see/share what I want. Still prefer it to Twitter.

Maybe I?ll give it a try. I?ve snoozed a few for 30 days because I was tried of reading about them in general.

The limit is probably somewhere around the number of new friends you can or care to add.

Hey, speaking of limits - did I ever tell you guys about the time I met the actor, Michael Weatherly, who played the character Tony Dinozzo on NCIS, when I was out walking my dogs?

Hey, speaking of limits - did I ever tell you guys about the time I met the actor, Michael Weatherly, who played the character Tony Dinozzo on NCIS, when I was out walking my dogs?

No. Did you smack him in the back of the head? I hope so.

Well, what did you talk about?

Mostly my dogs, and his dogs (they weren’t with him). I called my wife so she could say hi. She grew up here with child stars and the kids of stars so she’s pretty much the opposite of star struck - but she a big fan of the NCISes so she thought it was kinda cool to say hi to Dinozzo.

Michael Weatherly Pinterest

His dogs do appear very important to him.

Oh, right - we talked about NCIS references to the OSU - Michigan rivalry. I think he appreciated hearing about the rivalry straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.

That was Dom e was some years ago, when the recent imbalance was only as bad as terrible.

Last edited:
Back