Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Is it far enough yet? Is it clear yet this isn?t about protecting health

Freaking ridiculous, people need to refuse to comply to this tyranny

Dumbass people who have been refusing to comply are the reason this will drag out so long.

They just extended you till aug tinsel

Los Angeles mayor hedges on plan to extend coronavirus lockdown for three months

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The mayor of Los Angeles on Tuesday back-pedaled from his health director?s assertion that stay-at-home orders in America?s second-largest city would be extended at least through July, after those comments touched off a furor among beleaguered residents.

The remarks by Los Angeles County Health Director Barbara Ferrer, reported by the Los Angeles Times, came as other major U.S. cities and states begin to ease the sweeping restrictions imposed weeks ago in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.

?I want to reassure people because I think there was a lot of panic suddenly when the headlines said we?re all going to stay exactly as we are for three more months when that?s not the case,? Mayor Eric Garcetti told CNN in an interview.

?I think, quite simply, she?s saying that we?re not going to fully reopen Los Angeles and probably anywhere in America, without any protections or any health orders in the next three months. I think we know it?s going to be even longer than three months,? Garcetti said.

Ferrer could not be reached by Reuters for comment on Tuesday. State health statistics show that the number of daily COVID-19 fatalities and new cases have risen in Los Angeles County since March.

California Governor Gavin Newsom said on Tuesday that restaurants in parts of the state could begin allowing diners again under modified condition and that outdoor shopping malls could open for curbside pickup.

Offices in parts of the state can also open with some restrictions, Newsom, a Democrat, said in his daily press briefing. But his latest plan for restarting the world?s fifth-largest economy still does not allow nail salons, tattoo parlors or gyms.

?It?s a mistake to over-promise what reopening means,? said Newsom, who has been more cautious than some governors in reopening his state.

They just extended you till aug tinsel

Nothing?s changed for me.

At the end of January, I closed my last business because my only supplier (boutique distribution product) was an insufferable asshole.

I?ll turn 60 in the fall, I?m not poor, and I?ve dealt with enough insufferable assholes in my life. I started my own delivery company.

When Garcetti and Newsom launched the lock down, my company was classified as essential.

That motherfucker - his business HAS to have been shut down because it?s the most inessential business imaginable.

I send him texts occasionally, mocking him.

I hope he?s homeless.

It's just the same number expressed twice. Don't think of it as a quantity. It's a symbol.

I believe that the people making the most noise about resisting this 'tyranny' would be silent in the face of real tyranny and the people that would resist an actual tyrant are doing their best to follow the recommended safety measures. Historic patriots fought tyranny at great risk to themselves to make a better life for others. This current wave of protest isn't driven by selflessness or need or anything like it. There's real hardship caused by the impact to the economy and I hope people don't become so calloused by the recent wave of crybabies that they can't see the difference.

It's just the same number expressed twice. Don't think of it as a quantity. It's a symbol.

But if it was a quantity, it would be equal to [round(2/3*10^X)] where X is a whole number representing the level of evil.

It's the 2/3 that sticks out as the unique part of it. Probably driven by envy. A loner envious of a couple. In those situations, the problem usually isn't the couple, it's the loner. It's probably a diabolical trick that we think 666 is the mark of the beast. It's actually 333.

Your link headline changed? Already cancelled fall classes, that is pure insanity IMO. People are going to have to develop herd immunity it's the only real solution.

Yeah, apparently I linked the feed and not the actual story.

Tried to fix it but it's scrolled pretty far. I quoted most of the post, you'll have to take my word that I didn't make up fake news.

Last edited:
But if it was a quantity, it would be equal to [round(2/3*10^X)] where X is a whole number representing the level of evil.

It's the 2/3 that sticks out as the unique part of it. Probably driven by envy. A loner envious of a couple. In those situations, the problem usually isn't the couple, it's the loner. It's probably a diabolical trick that we think 666 is the mark of the beast. It's actually 333.

But what if the two are Beelzebub and Belphegor?

What about THEN?

Back