Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

maybe, but if that's the case they're making no headway in places like NY, NJ, CA where the shutdown fanatics have control (for now).
Are they? I saw some California beach pictures that sure didn't look like it.

Yes, his son Ted Binion. He was drugged then "burked" by his girlfriend and her lover. If I recall correctly, it's alleged that they had sex on top of him as he lay dying on the floor in his house.

Wow.

Well, that?s one way to go, I guess.

Attachments

• Full_retard.jpg
    Full_retard.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 31
I'm surprised he didn't try to answer it with a bunch of infowars and PJW garbage links

I wouldn't even care if he did. I asked a simple question because it seemed like a weird thing to call Gulo, had never heard 'face mask denier'.

man...those are some pretty strict guidelines. No deaths in 14 days and only one case per 10,000 people?

I may sound harsh, but this is a disease that is going to make people sick and kill people no matter what. Until they get a vaccine, they are going to have to accept that it is going to kill people. Just like other diseases & illness kill people. Get it down to a manageable level and try to protect the vulnerable.

With VERY few exceptions, those who are dying were standing on a banana peel with one foot in the grave already.

More young, healthy people will probably be killed by entitled reckless drivers eschewing safety because of the Covid traffic conditions than will die of the Covid.

Maybe those governors should issue “no car crash orders”. Ban the crash!

They will.

Once they realize that every car crash death during the Covid can be added to the Covid death tally, they’ll do it in a heartbeat.

Or at the end of a heartbeat.

And the governors will say “these traffic deaths continue to confirm how dangerous and deadly this disease still is, and why all the rules, including the new no car crash rules, still are essential in the fight to save lives.”

“It’s like this - you went to the beach without a mask. You broke the rules and people died.

You were driving 100 miles per hour over the speed limit and had a head on collision with a family of six, including a pregnant mom being taken to the hospital in labor. You broke the rules and people died.

As long as people continue to break the rules, people will continue to die. That’s why we’re stepping up enforcement of rules starting now.”

Last edited:
Yet... You will in the future

I can't because you can't and/or won't answer the question.

I beginning to think you had a Biden moment and had a stroke while typing. Or maybe you had a Trump moment and you were talking out your ass. Either way, it's clear you don't even know what you meant by what you said.

I wouldn't even care if he did. I asked a simple question because it seemed like a weird thing to call Gulo, had never heard 'face mask denier'.
I didn't follow that either. I assumed he was thinking that I was going to call him a face mask-denier or something on that order.

With VERY few exceptions, those who are dying were standing on a banana peel with one foot in the grave already.

More young, healthy people will probably be killed by entitled reckless drivers eschewing safety because of the Covid traffic conditions than will die of the Covid.

I'm not sure that we know even now what the death rates are because testing is so bad. I think you're right wherever it falls. It's not as bad as we initially thought for healthy people (maybe due to fake data from China, maybe due to smoking.)

But when I see talks comparing numbers of deaths vs how seriously we take an issue (or comparisons to 9/11), I usually wonder how many people would support a 'war on sugar' or overeating in general.

If we went through our laws and made things legal/illegal by the rank of their life and death impact we'd probably have no laws preventing the ownership of any weapons but crazy food regulation and really difficult questions to answer about pollution.

Still, if I make up some numbers out of thin air, like 10% of the US has had it so far (might be higher in big cities and smaller elsewhere) and herd immunity is achieved at 90%, then trying to get to herd immunity without a vaccine would kill something in the ballpark of 9 times as many people as it's killed so far.

If we're at 83,000 deaths now (I know not everybody accepts that number, but what can you do, I need a number) and I believe some elements of the government place the value of saving a life at about $10 million, times 9, and you're at $7.5 trillion as the cost of pushing for herd immunity without a vaccine.

Last edited:
That's like a third of GDP.

There's one big element that can really swing that total cost that's politically untouchable: valuing lives at different rates. I think the value is calculated by looking at what we spend on other safety measure with statistics spread over millions so you're never trying to place a value on a person. Like hazard pay rates, insurance rates, things like that. How much risk are people willing to take for how much money and vice-versa (through insurance). We know these things change as people age or get wealthy. Knowing that the virus impacts older people in poor health (and there's probably a correlation to wealth in there too) that would knock the $7.5 T down considerably.

That's some stone cold rationalization. To be clear, I'm against just letting the virus run its course.

Back