Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

That's like a third of GDP.

There's one big element that can really swing that total cost that's politically untouchable: valuing lives at different rates. I think the value is calculated by looking at what we spend on other safety measure with statistics spread over millions so you're never trying to place a value on a person. Like hazard pay rates, insurance rates, things like that. How much risk are people willing to take for how much money and vice-versa (through insurance). We know these things change as people age or get wealthy. Knowing that the virus impacts older people in poor health (and there's probably a correlation to wealth in there too) that would knock the $7.5 T down considerably.

That's some stone cold rationalization. To be clear, I'm against just letting the virus run its course.

In my opinion, this virus, like every other before it, will run its course, regardless of what we do, and the "elect" know this already. It will just take longer to do so, conditioning us to be more complaint, now and in the future. Also, the people in "charge" hold us, the profane, in little to no regard, so it matters not to them what happens to us, so long as they can use the outcome to their own benefit.

The "elect" really don't care about you and me.

In my opinion, this virus, like every other before it, will run its course, regardless of what we do, and the "elect" know this already.

Smallpox and polio did not just run their course. Not to say this is just as bad, but we do have tools that have an impact. I wonder how many people would die of the flu every year if we didn't have a vaccine.

They will.

Once they realize that every car crash death during the Covid can be added to the Covid death tally, they?ll do it in a heartbeat.

Or at the end of a heartbeat.

And the governors will say ?these traffic deaths continue to confirm how dangerous and deadly this disease still is, and why all the rules, including the new no car crash rules, still are essential in the fight to save lives.?

?It?s like this - you went to the beach without a mask. You broke the rules and people died.

You were driving 100 miles per hour over the speed limit and had a head on collision with a family of six, including a pregnant mom being taken to the hospital in labor. You broke the rules and people died.

As long as people continue to break the rules, people will continue to die. That?s why we?re stepping up enforcement of rules starting now.?

ADDING rules and stepping up enforcement.

With VERY few exceptions, those who are dying were standing on a banana peel with one foot in the grave already.

More young, healthy people will probably be killed by entitled reckless drivers eschewing safety because of the Covid traffic conditions than will die of the Covid.

San Diego official says 6 out of 194 “corona virus” deaths are “pure” corona virus deaths. So San Diego, for one can be overstated deaths from corona virus by 32x.

Last edited:
You think it's stepped up? How strict is the policing on a scale from 1-to-Kent St.?

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showpost.php?p=544171&postcount=4

Yeah the post was sarcastic.

That said, here in Cali/LA the Gov and the Mayor in fact do use that type of rhetoric when something happens like a photo of someone driving alone in a car not wearing a mask emerges and whatnot. The Gov of MI seems to use pretty fierce rhetoric about her authority being questioned.

In New York, as it happens, out on the Hamptons, this one guy known to have the Covid violated quarantine by leaving his primary residence and went outside to scream at and threaten some cyclist rolling by.

Don?t know that the Gov there commented on that.

I'm not sure that we know even now what the death rates are because testing is so bad. I think you're right wherever it falls. It's not as bad as we initially thought for healthy people (maybe due to fake data from China, maybe due to smoking.)

But when I see talks comparing numbers of deaths vs how seriously we take an issue (or comparisons to 9/11), I usually wonder how many people would support a 'war on sugar' or overeating in general.

If we went through our laws and made things legal/illegal by the rank of their life and death impact we'd probably have no laws preventing the ownership of any weapons but crazy food regulation and really difficult questions to answer about pollution.

those are the arguments made by people who don't want government restrictions so they probably wouldn't support intervention on sugar either - they're the same people who were telling Bloomberg to shut up and mind his own business when he was banning Big Gulps.

I don't think any deaths are caused by driving. It's the collision of peoples' pre-existing faces and steering columns that's the real problem.

those are the arguments made by people who don't want government restrictions so they probably wouldn't support intervention on sugar either - they're the same people who were telling Bloomberg to shut up and mind his own business when he was banning Big Gulps.

They should all move to Sweden. For the freedom.

Yeah the post was sarcastic.

That said, here in Cali/LA the Gov and the Mayor in fact do use that type of rhetoric when something happens like a photo of someone driving alone in a car not wearing a mask emerges and whatnot. The Gov of MI seems to use pretty fierce rhetoric about her authority being questioned.

In New York, as it happens, out on the Hamptons, this one guy known to have the Covid violated quarantine by leaving his primary residence and went outside to scream at and threaten some cyclist rolling by.

Don?t know that the Gov there commented on that.

Who gets to decide if enforcement requires police armed with military surplus? There seems to be a disconnect between the harshness of what a governor says and the police response.

I wonder if pepper spray kills airborne coronavirus.

I can't because you can't and/or won't answer the question.

I beginning to think you had a Biden moment and had a stroke while typing. Or maybe you had a Trump moment and you were talking out your ass. Either way, it's clear you don't even know what you meant by what you said.

Coronavirus Mask on Mask off sgg. tube is still good for music everything else banned.video is the place to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCwYdTJ_PE

I don't think any deaths are caused by driving. It's the collision of peoples' pre-existing faces and steering columns that's the real problem.

that's exactly right, which is why the government shouldn't overstep and impinge on our freedoms with a driving ban. All they need to do is ban collisions or at least collisions involving fatalities.

Edit: or steering columns.

Last edited:
Dang...at least 40%

db360-fig1.png

Back