Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Who gets to decide if enforcement requires police armed with military surplus? There seems to be a disconnect between the harshness of what a governor says and the police response.

I wonder if pepper spray kills airborne coronavirus.

I guess elected executives - governors and mayors. Maybe sheriffs.

Would be great if pepper spray did that.

Dang...at least 40%

db360-fig1.png

I'm 6' tall and last time I weighed myself I was 223 lbs. I am technically classified as obese.

According to the charts, normal weight for a 6' male is 136-184 lbs. I would have to lose about 40 lbs to reach "normal".

I'm 6' tall and last time I weighed myself I was 223 lbs. I am technically classified as obese.

According to the charts, normal weight for a 6' male is 136-184 lbs. I would have to lose about 40 lbs to reach "normal".

yup, +1 the charts are a joke, I log 25-30 miles a week nearly every week all year round, rain, hail, sun snow or shit shine yet according to the charts I'm 10 pounds over weight. LOL that's a complete joke. much the same for computer models with climate change and viruses and whatnot, complete joke, often wrong never right

#GIGO

Last edited:
If I ever degrade to believing height and weight charts, I'm finished. I "should" weigh 135. I weigh 145.

I know, but that's part of what I'm pointing out. Saying it's only people with pre-existing conditions doesn't mean as much when the range of what they call a pre-existing condition is so broad. ...BUT... CDC page on Covid lists 'extreme obesity', not just obesity (BMI over 40) and that's only 7.7% o people.

Last edited:
yup, +1 the charts are a joke, I log 25-30 miles a week nearly every week all year round, rain, hail, sun snow or shit shine yet according to the charts I'm 10 pounds over weight. LOL that's a complete joke. much the same for computer models with climate change and viruses and whatnot, complete joke, often wrong never right

#GIGO

I'm 52 and have a bad knee. I can't jog...I can't even use our elliptical two days in a row without it hurting me.

Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative. :cheers:

Here's the CDC list and the stats I found with not too careful googling

• People 65 years and older - 15.2%
  • People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility - I don't know, but there should be a ton of overlap with the over 65 group
People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:

• People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma - 7.7% have asthma around half of those advance to COPD
  • People who have serious heart conditions -6.7% have coronary artery disease
  • People who are immunocompromised-3.6%
    • Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
  • People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher) 7.7%
  • People with diabetes 10.5%
  • People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis -probably not a huge percentage
  • People with liver disease -probably not a huge percentage
With all the overlap between categories, I would guess the number of people impacted by at least one of these is in the 20-30% range.
In that case, 3-5% of people with underlying conditions would be 1% of the general population. Seems like the ballpark of the right scale based on headlines.

Last edited:
Percentage of COVID-19 deaths in US: .00022 of population -- 80,000 (inflated) deaths

Percentages of COVID-19 deaths in India: .0000022 of population -- 2,600 deaths???? India? IMPOSSIBLE.

There can't be a pandemic in Hong Kong, there are allegedly FOUR deaths … this is not possible. China? 4,000? US: 80,000?

Italy (31,000) and Spain (27,000) were dumpster fires. There should be MILLIONS of people dead in India and hundreds of thousands dead in Hong Kong. There are less than 2,700, according to CDC.

Any wonder why these numbers don't add up? And why we should always question them? Yet people in the US are getting arrested for NOT WEARING A PAPER MASK IN PUBLIC.

I am being driven to conclude that this virus is not what we are being told it is. Or people in Hong Kong and S. Korea are heathier and ingest more herbs. Or darker forces at play. It ain't, to me what the idiot box feeds the world. That's the last thing it is.

#GIGO

+3. according to the chart I'm at least 24lbs overweight and obese but my body fat was below 20% last time it was measured, obese for someone over 40 is 28% and higher (I'll be 50 in 10 days). At 6'3" the chart says I should be 174-216. 216 I could do but at 174 I'd look like I just got out of a North Korean prison camp.

Last edited:
Percentage of COVID-19 deaths in US: .00022 of population -- 80,000 (inflated) deaths

Percentages of COVID-19 deaths in India: .0000022 of population -- 2,600 deaths???? India? IMPOSSIBLE.

There can't be a pandemic in Hong Kong, there are allegedly FOUR deaths … this is not possible. China? 4,000? US: 80,000?

Italy (31,000) and Spain (27,000) were dumpster fires. There should be MILLIONS of people dead in India and hundreds of thousands dead in Hong Kong. There are less than 2,700, according to CDC.

Any wonder why these numbers don't add up? And why we should always question them? Yet people in the US are getting arrested for NOT WEARING A PAPER MASK IN PUBLIC.

I am being driven to conclude that this virus is not what we are being told it is. Or people in Hong Kong and S. Korea are heathier and ingest more herbs. Or darker forces at play. It ain't, to me what the idiot box feeds the world. That's the last thing it is.

Go on...what's your theory? And when you say inflated, are you just not counting cases with underlying issues or do you think a significant portion that had nothing to do with covid are a part of the stats? If it's the latter, how are they getting so many doctors to lie and keeping it to so few speaking out?

Last edited:
Go on...what's your theory? And when you say inflated, are you just not counting cases with underlying issues or do you think a significant portion that had nothing to do with covid are a part of the stats? If it's the latter, how are they getting so many doctors to lie and keeping it to so few speaking out?

Money? Medicare reimbursement rates are 20% higher for treatments if there is a Covid diagnosis.

Money? Medicare reimbursement rates are 20% higher for treatments if there is a Covid diagnosis.
Oooo. That's a good reason. And a story it seems like a reporter would want to cover. How could it be investigated? If there was a lot of reporting of other deaths a Covid deaths, we'd expect to see a drop in those other types of death.

People dying from treatments not received due to the reaction to the pandemic really complicate matters. There's no way to get an exact count, only ballpark numbers.

Oooo. That's a good reason. And a story it seems like a reporter would want to cover. How could it be investigated? If there was a lot of reporting of other deaths a Covid deaths, we'd expect to see a drop in those other types of death.

We do see drops in other types of deaths.

Back