Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

I've missed a lot of posts. Has something happened in the last year to reignite your racism card thing, or are you still carrying on from what seems like years ago?

My racism card thing? That's pretty funny. I'm just filling in for missing posters. And by the way, this is more racist than tom's post.

Last edited:
"The Uncounted Dead"...Only more evidence to conclude that I am my own best journalist and researcher.

?The Uncounted Dead? would be a cool name for a band or a crappy movie TV show.

I see this generally breaking on partisan lines, or maybe more ?hate Trump/don?t hate Trump? lines.

I think people more to the right or don?t hate Trump are going to see the Covid response as an over reaction and the deaths over counted, while those more to the left/hate Trump will see the response as reasonable and the death count accurate or under counted.

The initial response didn?t seem so unreasonable to me as there was so much we didn?t know, but when the antibody studies showed that the lethality had been vastly overestimated, we could have started to normalize.

Political leaders in both parties made mistakes along the way. The Trump haters blame Trump for everything and and the non-Trump haters are focusing on the fuck ups of the Democratic governors, especially Andrew Cuomo.

Personally I hate LA Mayor Garcetti most and to a degree Newsom, not really for partisan reasons but more because they happen to be the assholes whose fuck ups effect me most.

ALMOST ALL of their orders are exactly the opposite of what should be being done. For a long time, the CDC - based on science - recommended against masks for most people; then one day Garcetti woke up and decided if everybody didn?t wear a mask all the time people would die.

Newsom closes the beaches and hiking trails when the science is indicating that the California beach is one of the safest places to be in world.

As far as the death count being over or under? To me it?s a no brainer.

Follow the money.

The entire point of this:

"This article (linked below) spends a lot of text conveying an anecdote, however, if you ctrl-f and search for 'Other reasoning is based on data.' There's some discussion on how flu death statistics are calculated..."

was to make it clear that I wasn't hanging anything on the anecdote half of the article and instead wanted to draw attention to the part about how flu and covid deaths are calculated. The point of offering a crtl-f suggestion was to enable skipping that anecdote entirely.

My entire response was directed at the article, and the anecdote is a critical element in illustrating that 535 is playing with the truth, or only using what is helpful to support its claim.

I don't think they are hanging stats on it either. Anecdotes are effective ways of conveying examples. Understanding how the system works is different from reporting on the resulting stats.

A sample size of one is somewhat small in this circumstance, in addition to what I said above.

That being said, if you want to criticize the press or the CDC for being lazy with their clarification of how everything is an estimate, it seems like par for the course to me.

This article sites nameless "experts" who claim that the CV deaths are underreported, and then makes an apple-cinderblock comparison on how Flu and CV deaths are tabulated. So, yeah, I have a problem with that, because it's par for the course for it. (the mainstream media).

It never crossed my mind that anyone might think the covid 19 death count was more than an estimate and outside of academic papers and legal contracts, you might sometimes get that level of technical description, but you shouldn't count on it.

CDC does not use the term "estimate", as stated already. All I want is the difference in the confirmed and probable provisional death number from 7U01. The death certificates should have that information.

My entire response was directed at the article, and the anecdote is a critical element in illustrating that 535 is playing with the truth, or only using what is helpful to support its claim.

A sample size of one is somewhat small in this circumstance, in addition to what I said above.

This article sites nameless "experts" who claim that the CV deaths are underreported, and then makes an apple-cinderblock comparison on how Flu and CV deaths are tabulated. So, yeah, I have a problem with that, because it's par for the course for it. (the mainstream media).

CDC does not use the term "estimate", as stated already. All I want is the difference in the confirmed and probable provisional death number from 7U01. The death certificates should have that information.

Not so sure.

One may have to look into the treatment/diagnostic records/files.

“The Uncounted Dead” would be a cool name for a band or a crappy movie TV show.

I see this generally breaking on partisan lines, or maybe more “hate Trump/don’t hate Trump” lines.

I think people more to the right or don’t hate Trump are going to see the Covid response as an over reaction and the deaths over counted, while those more to the left/hate Trump will see the response as reasonable and the death count accurate or under counted.

The initial response didn’t seem so unreasonable to me as there was so much we didn’t know, but when the antibody studies showed that the lethality had been vastly overestimated, we could have started to normalize.

Political leaders in both parties made mistakes along the way. The Trump haters blame Trump for everything and and the non-Trump haters are focusing on the fuck ups of the Democratic governors, especially Andrew Cuomo.

Personally I hate LA Mayor Garcetti most and to a degree Newsom, not really for partisan reasons but more because they happen to be the assholes whose fuck ups effect me most.

ALMOST ALL of their orders are exactly the opposite of what should be being done. For a long time, the CDC - based on science - recommended against masks for most people; then one day Garcetti woke up and decided if everybody didn’t wear a mask all the time people would die.

Newsom closes the beaches and hiking trails when the science is indicating that the California beach is one of the safest places to be in world.

As far as the death count being over or under? To me it’s a no brainer.

Follow the money.

I agree with a lot of this - I'd probably say I'm more ticked off at Cuomo than your guys because even though I don't live in New York, my milquetoast, spineless governor basically sits around and waits to see what Cuomo does and then copies him. I'm just glad I don't live in NYC under that De Blasio clown.

fully acknowledging my right leaning bias, I do think the death toll is overstated and while I agree ardent Trump supporters will take his side no matter what, the bias in the reporting on this thing is definitely more heavily left leaning. For example, if Cuomo was a Republican he'd be public enemy #1 right now after demanding nursing home and elder care facility take Covid19 patients that ended killing thousands of people and then covering it up and changing the death count rules. Instead, nobody is really even talking about it - in fact he's still at or near the top of the short list to get the nomination if they can find a way to screw Biden out of it.

Last edited:
Not so sure.

One may have to look into the treatment/diagnostic records/files.

From: Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths March 4, 2020

"Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. "

If Coronavirus is listed as a line item, I'm considering it a confirmed cause. If is added in the blank box, It's in the "probable" column.

Link

From: Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths March 4, 2020

"Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. "

If Coronavirus is listed as a line item, I'm considering it a confirmed cause. If is added in the blank box, It's in the "probable" column.

Link

This presumes that the death certificates are filled out properly and consistently. Unless I'm confusing death certificates with something else, guidance for how to classify the deaths has changed during the pandemic.

Does line item listing of COVID19 as a cause require the patient/deceased tested positive for COVID19? From what I've read, it does not so if that's the case, obviously even the line item listing is subjective. Is that not correct?

Last edited:
I saw some more talk elsewhere about how this is all a plot to exercise more control over the masses. If that is really the threat here, cell phones and social media are far bigger tools of the NWO than any element of the response to covid 19.

I saw some more talk elsewhere about how this is all a plot to exercise more control over the masses.

COVID-19 PSYOP … never let a good crisis go to waste. Someone said that.

And I think that there certainly is evidence that there is a lot more control over the masses as a result of the virus, if not the intent.

If that is really the threat here, cell phones and social media are far bigger tools of the NWO than any element of the response to covid 19.

Some would say that "they" believe that there is never "too much" control over the masses, because we, the profane, need to be kept immersed in the ether, lest we regain our consciousness.

Last edited:
My Dad lies in Hospice and will likely pass soon and it won’t be from covid. He hasn’t been able to have visitors in weeks and is dying alone and it’s brutal and gut-wrenching to go through.

Last edited:
My Dad lies in Hospice and will likely pass soon and it won?t be from covid. He hasn?t been able to have visitors in weeks and is dying alone and it?s brutal and gut-wrenching to go through.

I'm so sorry.

My Dad lies in Hospice and will likely pass soon and it won’t be from covid. He hasn’t been able to have visitors in weeks and is dying alone and it’s brutal and gut-wrenching to go through.

Is he not in hospice at home? If he's in hospice and not likely to recover, can you still not visit him? Even if you have to drive halfway across country, it's probably worth it.

Last edited:
My Dad lies in Hospice and will likely pass soon and it won?t be from covid. He hasn?t been able to have visitors in weeks and is dying alone and it?s brutal and gut-wrenching to go through.

Dude I?m sorry.

As you know both of my parents are gone.

It?s hard.

COVID-19 PSYOP ? never let a good crisis go to waste. Someone said that.

And I think that there certainly is evidence that there is a lot more control over the masses as a result of the virus, if not the intent.

Some would say that "they" believe that there is never "too much" control over the masses, because we, the profane, need to be kept immersed in the ether, lest we regain our consciousness.

This indicates the source is in question - but it weren?t Winston Churchill.

so here's a story I came across.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...l-coach-pat-dye-80-tests-positive-coronavirus

Pat Dye was in the hospital for a kidney ailment. They automatically tested him for coronavirus and he tested positive. He is asymptomatic and going home soon. If he would have taken a turn for the worse with his kidneys and died I'll bet they would have classified it as a covid death.

It wouldn't surprise me if this happens a lot. Someone comes in very sick, the first thing they do is test them. They might die of something else but since they test positive they count it as covid

so here's a story I came across.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...l-coach-pat-dye-80-tests-positive-coronavirus

Pat Dye was in the hospital for a kidney ailment. They automatically tested him for coronavirus and he tested positive. He is asymptomatic and going home soon. If he would have taken a turn for the worse with his kidneys and died I'll bet they would have classified it as a covid death.

It wouldn't surprise me if this happens a lot. Someone comes in very sick, the first thing they do is test them. They might die of something else but since they test positive they count it as covid

Screw Auburn.

And screw the SEC.

Back