Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

A major theme in this thread has been concerns of Covid-19 deaths being overblown in some areas, whether through negligence, for monetary gain, or some other nefarious reasons probably involving 5G or Bill Gates.

Was reading through a few reports that have suggested both under and over reporting. But one in particular caught my eye.

Apparently reported pneumonia deaths are skyrocketing in multiple states according to CDC numbers. It's been mentioned in this thread multiple times that heart attacks and other causes of death are down so I wanted to present a situation where the opposite is happening.

Indiana: 1,832 COVID-19 deaths; 2,149 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 384)
Illinois: 4,856 COVID-19 deaths; 3,986 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 782)
Tennessee: 336 COVID-19 deaths; 1,704 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 611)
Ohio: 1,969 COVID-19 deaths; 2,327 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 820)
Virginia: 1,208 COVID-19 deaths; 1,394 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 451)
West Virginia: 72 COVID-19 deaths; 438 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 117)
Texas: 963 COVID-19 deaths; 4,622 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 2,512)
Florida: 1,762 COVID-19 deaths; 5,185 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 1,210)

If you're interested checking a specific state I didn't list, sources are:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

https://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html

My conclusion is that Covid-19 is clearly a hoax perpetrated by Obama, the DNC, the media, and scientists worldwide. Pneumonia is the real danger.

I really think it should come down to common sense. Deaths and extensive infection are in areas that are densely populated. Stay away from large crowds. If you live in a large city, you are in more danger than in an area that is less populated.

BTW...the virus isn't attacking minorities, it just so happens that minorities live in major cities where the population is more dense.

BTW...the virus isn't attacking minorities, it just so happens that minorities live in major cities where the population is more dense.

No, you are absolutely wrong.

Black people in the UK are dying at four times the rate as whites in the UK and it is a scourge across the nations of Africa.

Across the globe, this insidious disease just seems to have more dire consequences to black people/people of African descent for reasons that are thus far unknown.

Except for here in the U.S.

Here we know it’s all because of our history of slavery and racism.

Oh, and our fucked up current racist medical care system.

There’s that, too.

Last edited:
I tell ya what...how about an article in which the the story literally has nothing to do with the title of the article.

it seemed like the title was relevant to the article in the beginning but I was wondering why the author seemed to be speculating about things that are pretty widely known then I saw it was from April 8th and I looked at how long it was and quit reading it.

it seemed like the title was relevant to the article in the beginning but I was wondering why the author seemed to be speculating about things that are pretty widely known then I saw it was from April 8th and I looked at how long it was and quit reading it.

Oh.

I guess shoulda checked how far back it was from.

@tinsel - Is there a reason that thread on Covid deaths has been closed for a few days? You just posted in it again. Is that your safe space?

@tinsel - Is there a reason that thread on Covid deaths has been closed for a few days? You just posted in it again. Is that your safe space?

Was going to ask this myself...then decided it was not worth whatever mod getting his panties in a wad over being questioned about it.

So I'm glad you stepped up Sgg :cheers:

Was going to ask this myself...then decided it was not worth whatever mod getting his panties in a wad over being questioned about it.

So I'm glad you stepped up Sgg :cheers:

The only thing that might get my panties in a wad would be someone suggesting I might my panties in a wad over anything.

Dr. Kelly Victory is of the opinion that Covid deaths are being significantly overcounted.

So I posted her thoughts on the on the thread about that.

As far as why every other poster on the board hasn?t posted on that thread in a while, I would have no idea.

You?ll have to ask every other posted on the board.

No, the thread is not my safe space.

I don?t have a fucking safe space.

I don?t need a fucking safe space.

Dr. Kelly Victory is of the opinion that Covid deaths are being significantly overcounted.

So I posted her thoughts on the on the thread about that.

As far as why every other poster on the board hasn’t posted on that thread in a while, I would have no idea.

You’ll have to ask every other posted on the board.

No, the thread is not my safe space.

I don’t have a fucking safe space.

I don’t need a fucking safe space.

Yeah, the safe space thing was a joke.

The thread is literally locked. That's why people stopped posting in it. Only mods can post in locked threads. Probably an oversight but who knows, thought I'd ask.

Safespace.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the safe space thing was a joke.

The thread is literally locked. That's why people stopped posting in it. Only mods can post in locked threads. Probably an oversight but who knows, thought I'd ask.

Safespace.jpg

Oh, the thread was locked?

I had no idea.

Just like Prof X wondered why Metallico would have his sites set on Wolverine, since Wolverine was by appearance not that powerful of a mutant in Prof X?s eyes, I?m not that powerful of a mod.

I knew you was joking me, but I had no idea that the thread was locked.

I kinda feel like Indiana Jones now, suddenly discovering having unknown special access, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

thanks to all of the rioting the news pretty much forgot about the corona virus

Yeah, I didn't think the COVID news cycle would die down until the day after the election.

It does seem odd that Whitmer was so concerned about a viral outbreak and how it would extend the lockdown for weeks when people were peacefully protesting her, but she hasn't said a word about the current protesting/rioting and the effect it will have on the lockdown.

Last edited:
Oh, the thread was locked?

I had no idea.

Just like Prof X wondered why Metallico would have his sites set on Wolverine, since Wolverine was by appearance not that powerful of a mutant in Prof X?s eyes, I?m not that powerful of a mod.

I knew you was joking me, but I had no idea that the thread was locked.

I kinda feel like Indiana Jones now, suddenly discovering having unknown special access, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

so you're saying, like wolverine, you don't appear to be that powerful but in reality you are?

so you're saying, like wolverine, you don't appear to be that powerful but in reality you are?

I am not.

For a Genius, that Professor X could miss a trick from time to time.

My memory is a little sketchy, but I think Metallico?s target was actually Rogue, whose involuntary ability to incapacitate people with her touch Metallico intended to weaponize.

Rogue and Wolverine were close, so he used Wolverine to lure Rogue into his trap.

Wolverine thwarted Metallico?s plans with his courage and unimaginable ability to withstand pain.

So Metallico misread that deal too.

I think that?s kind of how it went ? it?s been a while since I saw it.

If there is a Michigan vs Michigan State game this fall… Will Whitmer wear a Michigan facemask for half of the game and then a Michigan State facemask for the other half?

If there is a Michigan vs Michigan State game this fall… Will Whitmer wear a Michigan facemask for half of the game and then a Michigan State facemask for the other half?

No, she’ll wear the expected checkerboard, black-and-white pattern for mind-control purposes. It’s an easy google search BTW. Both the mask and the concept.

That mask was worn when Whitmer mandated mask-wearing in public places in May. Yep. You can’t make this shit up. Don’t have to, actually; they put it right out there.

Last edited:
Back