Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Page 40 … All you have to do is scroll to realize that we are chattel, moving between the gates. This is just another piece of dung on the heaping dung pile that we are buried under.

Another heap from the perpetual back hoe. Do you think for a second that parents have a choice to withdraw from this bureaucratic system that relies 100% on compliance of the masses? How can learning even transpire in these circumstances? Even the passive learning that public education applies to kids.

Last edited:
Nearly Half Of The Twitter Accounts Discussing ‘Reopening America’ May Be Bots

To analyze bot activity around the pandemic, CMU researchers since January have collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or COVID-19. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% are bots, they found. Of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% are bots.

The monitoring of tweets is ongoing and collections from Facebook, Reddit and YouTube have been added to the research.

"We're seeing up to two times as much bot activity as we'd predicted based on previous natural disasters, crises and elections," said Kathleen Carley, a professor in the School of Computer Science’s Institute for Software Research and director of the Center for Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS) and Center for Informed Democracy & Social - Cybersecurity (IDeaS.)

it's not me - my twitter game is pitiful.

I?m the most untwittery twitterer in the twitterverse.

I set it up to get updates during live second tier Michigan sports events, primarily baseball and softball.

Didn?t ever use it much even for that; and, now obviously...

I?m the most untwittery twitterer in the twitterverse.

I set it up to get updates during live second tier Michigan sports events, primarily baseball and softball.

Didn?t ever use it much even for that; and, now obviously...

so that rules out the two of us.

It would seem.

Meanwhile dine in eating in nearby Ventura County opens up today; I’ve been calling around though and most places still aren’t open.

so that rules out the two of us.

you should develop some bots and start calling out them out on Twitter for their cowardice.

Ha, ha.

That might be fun.

Generally they?ve been telling me they have to get approval first from either the County or the city they?re in that they?re in compliance with new re-open protocols, so that?s not the business?s fault.

This here DSF politics board right here, this is my primary social media for things of societal nature, and I?ve been generally pretty critical of the various levels of governments? responses through the evolution of this...mess.

This cluster f&$k!

Ha, ha.

That might be fun.

Generally they?ve been telling me they have to get approval first from either the County or the city they?re in that they?re in compliance with new re-open protocols, so that?s not the business?s fault.

This here DSF politics board right here, this is my primary social media for things of societal nature, and I?ve been generally pretty critical of the various levels of governments? responses through the evolution of this...mess.

This cluster f&$k!

they need approval? That's what makes them cowards - "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges..."

Release the bots on those chicken $h!t bastards!!!

Of course.

Everything from the CDC has been perfectly logical since this all started so far.

Like saying initially that Coronavirus was primarily spread from touching surfaces and that masks were ineffective in preventing the spread of the virus to saying that it is spread primarily by "person-to person" contact, and saying that surface contact is not a major cause of spreading the virus. Very reassuring language from the Center for Disease CONTROL.

Source … dated 4-16-2020.
HCoV-19 (SARS-2) has caused >88,000 reported illnesses with a current case-fatality ratio of ~2%. Here, we investigate the stability of viable HCoV-19 on surfaces and in aerosols in comparison with SARS-34 CoV-1.

Overall, stability is very similar between HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1. We found that viable virus could be detected in aerosols up to 3 hours post aerosolization, up to 4 hours on copper, up to 24 hours oncardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel.

HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1 exhibited similar half-lives in aerosols, with median estimates around 2.7 hours. Both viruses show relatively long viability on stainless steel and polypropylene compared to copper or cardboard: the median half-life estimate for
HCoV-19 is around 13 hours on steel and around 16 hours on polypropylene.

Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for multiple hours and on surfaces up to days.​
Source

NOTE: The aerosol study was conducted with a collision nebulizer.

Sometimes the most accurate information is released initially.

This, from a 3-16 article that has been updated.

In droplet form, the coronavirus is airborne for a few seconds after someone sneezes or coughs. It’s able to travel only a short distance before gravitational forces pull it down. Someone close enough for the virus particles to reach in that brief period can therefore be infected. So can anyone who comes into contact with virus-containing droplets that fall onto a surface. The new coronavirus can survive on surfaces for several hours; hence the importance of hand-washing after touching a surface in a public place.​

Link to below, dated 4-3

Now that the CDC is recommending face coverings for anyone going out in public, more people will undoubtedly begin wearing them. But the public shouldn't let masks give them a false sense of security. The CDC still recommends that people stay at least 6 feet (1.8 meters) away from others, and some experts think that even more distance is needed.​

I expect the narrative to continue to change because "we know no little about the virus" which is code for "you profane have no chance to learn the truth about it."

I'll just continue to keep my distance from people.

Last edited:
Back