Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

It's the over 29 years part the changes the impact of those stats. 19,098 claims is 659 a year - which isn't nothing, but in comparison to the good done, which is a high bar, not just 1:1 or 2:1, it's still worth it. If the harm resulting from care had to be nearly zero or not take the benefit into account, we'd have to look at all the medical malpractice in the country and do away with hospitals altogether.

sounds a lot like the cops killing approximately 9 unarmed black people a year, vs. all the good they do during millions of interactions with civilians each year argument.

sounds a lot like the cops killing approximately 9 unarmed black people a year, vs. all the good they do during millions of interactions with civilians each year argument.

Continue with your analogy. These numbers support continuing the use of vaccines - which I support! And these numbers support continuing the use of police - which I support!

Are vaccines and the authority that police have guaranteed to always be perfect? No. They should face some amount of regulation and independent oversight which muddies the waters with judgements about who, how, and how much.

So what point are you making?

Continue with your analogy. These numbers support continuing the use of vaccines - which I support! And these numbers support continuing the use of police - which I support!

Are vaccines and the authority that police have guaranteed to always be perfect? No. They should face some amount of regulation and independent oversight which muddies the waters with judgements about who, how, and how much.

So what point are you making?

But it's not universal. It may be a good argument to support the continued use of certain vaccines for certain diseases. However, while you may support police, that's not what the rioters, anarchists and a great many of the "peaceful" protestors support, which is my point. The analogy applied to COVID19 this virus, where the numbers show that like the police, COVID isn't nearly as deadly as the media and people in power are telling you it is. And like defunding the police, people don't need to be jumping in line to get a vaccine the media and people in power will no doubt be pushing that we don't know will work and could have very severe unintended consequences that end up being more deadly than the virus.

Last edited:
Say whatever you want about Tom Hanks, but wear a mask if you might be near people.

Last edited:
Say whatever you want about Tom Hanks, but wear a mask if you might be near people.

I can actually tell when I?m near people or not near people.

When I?m in public I clip a mask around one ear, and when I go in somewhere where a mask is required or when I?m near someone ? I?m not near someone that often in public, I?m usually accordingly socially distanced already ? I courteously clip the mask around the other ear until I?m no longer around people. Then I unclip it.

Nobody has ever mask shamed me.

I can actually tell when I?m near people or not near people.

When I?m in public I clip a mask around one ear, and when I go in somewhere where a mask is required or when I?m near someone ? I?m not near someone that often in public, I?m usually accordingly socially distanced already ? I courteously clip the mask around the other ear until I?m no longer around people. Then I unclip it.

Nobody has ever mask shamed me.

Good work.

Let Tom Hanks know what's up.

I don't get near people. Problem solved. But I will abide in the "temporary" mask statues currently in force, or requested by businesses, or anyone else, out of charity.

But I won't be quiet about how capricious and ineffective they are, based on the studies that I have read. And I will not be brainwashed by the Mainstream Mafia on the "benefits" of wearing one, either.

Last edited:
I don't get near people. Problem solved. But I will abide in the "temporary" mask statues currently in force, or requested by businesses, or anyone else, out of charity.

But I won't be quiet about how capricious and ineffective they are, based on the studies that I have read. And I will not be brainwashed by the Mainstream Mafia on the "benefits" of wearing one, either.

Like I said in #908, this pretty much how I play it.

It's a tricky thing to study. Past studies of masks weren't designed to see if they help other people. But the claim is so reasonable. Which part are you skeptical of? That the virus is carried in exhaled droplets or that masks make your exhaled droplets travel less far?

Back