Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

I guess I should have said "your government savings program dollars were given to people whose government savings program dollars were given to people whose government savings program dollars were given to people who never paid into it." Or just called it a ponzi scheme like Tom did.

But whether people complain about it or not isn't what makes it a bad idea. It was a poorly designed system that was doomed from the start - it only works while the labor force is increasing which means it doesn't really work, it just looks like it does temporarily. That became obvious as the population aged and the birth rate declined and has probably been exacerbated by the offshoring of high paying skilled labor jobs thanks to largely to unions and high corporate taxes.

There have been several attempts by people in Congress to extend social security benefits to people who never paid in as part of "immigration reform" and because it's a government program run by morons, it's rife with fraud and waste due to things like social security fraud via identity theft, often from illegal immigrants and foreign nationals. I definitely don't feel too good about my government savings program dollars going to pay for that, and I doubt most people except for possibly MC, do either.

Nothing you?re saying is wrong.

Almost 90 years later I just see it as closing the barn door after the horses are already out.

I would say calling Social Security a ?Ponzi scheme? is hyperbole, not that I have anything against hyperbole, I use it often and in my opinion quite well, if I do say so myself.

Obviously I don?t know what things were like in 1935. Was the creation of Social Security, or was the way it was set up, an overreaction to the perceived emergency that was not as dire as it was perceived? It might?ve been. I was around for the TARP and of course the recent Covid lockdowns, and I look at them as both over reactions.

I was born near the end of the baby boom; I believe the problematic demographics changes you refer to in your first paragraph started happening fairly early in my lifetime. People started realizing, I think generally for the first time, the shitstorm coming down the road. It wasn?t going to happen the following year or the year after that, but it was becoming obvious.

I guess nothing is more obvious then when it becomes obvious.

So anyway, eligibility is getting later and later in life and the percentage of a ?full amount? is getting less and less.

I don?t know how it?s going to play out. I guess people are just going to have to start working longer, saving more and smarter, and counting less and less on Social Security.

As far as the fraud and the other problems that you refer to in the second paragraph, yes I wanna get that cleaned up now.

Nothing you?re saying is wrong.

Almost 90 years later I just see it as closing the barn door after the horses are already out.

I would say calling Social Security a ?Ponzi scheme? is hyperbole, not that I have anything against hyperbole, I use it often and in my opinion quite well, if I do say so myself.

Now, perhaps it's debatable but in 2035, if it in fact lasts that long, when the trust fund is empty, it will not be hyperbole - it will literally be a ponzi scheme with 100% of revenue going out the door to retirees.

Obviously I don?t know what things were like in 1935. Was the creation of Social Security, or was the way it was set up, an overreaction to the perceived emergency that was not as dire as it was perceived? It might?ve been. I was around for the TARP and of course the recent Covid lockdowns, and I look at them as both over reactions.

I was born near the end of the baby boom; I believe the problematic demographics changes you refer to in your first paragraph started happening fairly early in my lifetime. People started realizing, I think generally for the first time, the shitstorm coming down the road. It wasn?t going to happen the following year or the year after that, but it was becoming obvious.

I guess nothing is more obvious then when it becomes obvious.

So anyway, eligibility is getting later and later in life and the percentage of a ?full amount? is getting less and less.

I don?t know how it?s going to play out. I guess people are just going to have to start working longer, saving more and smarter, and counting less and less on Social Security.

As far as the fraud and the other problems that you refer to in the second paragraph, yes I wanna get that cleaned up now.

Yes, these realizations were made long ago, but people have been playing politics with them rather than addressing and fixing them. It's clear that the government could have done more to encourage private savings instead of consumption (like maybe not hold interest rates artificially low for decades) rather than making promises they eventually won't be able to keep. And maybe they shouldn't have made things worse by basically playing a shell game and kicking the can down the road until they realize that can is actually a bomb with an ever shrinking wick, rather than trying to fix a poorly designed program.

Last edited:
Now, perhaps it's debatable but in 2035, if it in fact lasts that long, when the trust fund is empty, it will not be hyperbole - it will literally be a ponzi scheme with 100% of revenue going out the door to retirees.

Yes, these realizations were made long ago, but people have been playing politics with them rather than addressing and fixing them. It's clear that the government could have done more to encourage private savings instead of consumption (like maybe not hold interest rates artificially low for decades) rather than making promises they eventually won't be able to keep. And maybe they shouldn't have made things worse by basically playing a shell game and kicking the can down the road until they realize that can is actually a bomb with an ever shrinking wick, rather than trying to fix a poorly designed program.

And again, none of what you?re saying is wrong.

That year, 2035, will mark the 100th anniversary of the program.

How ironic.

And again, none of what you?re saying is wrong.

That year, 2035, will mark the 100th anniversary of the program.

How ironic.

I don't think many people will be saying, "

Imagine that - you make it to 100 that year and your gift from the government is a 23% haircut to your benefits. Of course, everyone gets the haircut and it will presumably have less impact on the 100 year olds since they're more likely to die soon, but still you probably deserve better for making it to 100.

Last edited:
Imagine that - you make it to 100 that year and your gift from the government is a 23% haircut to your benefits. Of course, everyone gets the haircut and it will presumably have less impact on the 100 year olds since they're more likely to die soon, but still you probably deserve better for making it to 100.

I don?t think so.

Those (lucky) people (or poor miserable bastards, depending how you look at it) would have been collecting since 2000. I think the re-allocation applies to new recipients.

I once heard Jose Conseco say about human growth hormone ?when you stop growing you start dying.?

That?s how I feel about working.

I?ll take whatever I get if there?s anything left.

If there?s nothing left, I?ll just look at what I paid into FICA as a thank you to the Greatest Generation for saving the world from Hitler.

This is a real shocker...
At their annual conference, the NEA is voting on mandatory masking & vaccines in schools, funding opposition research on their enemies and replacing the words "Father" and "Mother" with things like "Birthing Parent" and "Non-birthing parent" - what about households with 2 dads that adopt or use a surrogate? Seems highly non-inclusive.

According to the piece, in 2019, the NEA voted down a proposal to ?rededicate itself to the pursuit of increased student learning" while voting in favor of "discussions around support for reparations" and incorporating "the concept of 'White Fragility' into NEA trainings." Please, tell me again how teacher's unions are all about protecting kids and that they have the kids' best interests at heart...

Last edited:
This is a real shocker...
At their annual conference, the NEA is voting on mandatory masking & vaccines in schools, funding opposition research on their enemies and replacing the words "Father" and "Mother" with things like "Birthing Parent" and "Non-birthing parent" - what about households with 2 dads that adopt or use a surrogate? Seems highly non-inclusive.

According to the piece, in 2019, the NEA voted down a proposal to ?rededicate itself to the pursuit of increased student learning" while voting in favor of "discussions around support for reparations" and incorporating "the concept of 'White Fragility' into NEA trainings." Please, tell me again how teacher's unions are all about protecting kids and that they have the kids' best interests at heart...

None of the black people I know - pretty much just at my boxing gym and my neighborhood bar - seem to care about any of this. Or at least they never bring it up. Maybe they?re afraid that I am and the other white people there are to fragile to deal with it.

Also a lot of the white people at the gym are Jewish. I don?t know whether they are considered by most to be white people or not.

None of the black people I know - pretty much just at my boxing gym and my neighborhood bar - seem to care about any of this. Or at least they never bring it up. Maybe they?re afraid that I am and the other white people there are to fragile to deal with it.

Also a lot of the white people at the gym are Jewish. I don?t know whether they are considered by most to be white people or not.

it's mostly white liberal elitists that are concerned with white fragility. I believe a white lady wrote a book about it and has gained a certain level of notoriety among leftists for her groundbreaking work.

Edit: The book is actually called "White Fragility" and it's written by this intellectual powerhouse who has spent her life working in the fields of "critical discourse analysis" and "whiteness studies" which apparently is a real thing (whiteness) that is studied by sociology departments which are basically an activists with worthless PhDs pretending to be scientists.

Last edited:
Hey, I have an idea - how about a privacy parade?

Or a ?go live your best life, I don?t care, and I never did? parade?

And the best part - we all just don?t show up.

How about that?

Hey, I have an idea - how about a privacy parade?

Or a ?go live your best life, I don?t care, and I never did? parade?

And the best part - we all just don?t show up.

How about that?

We held that parade last week and, like the rest of us, you didn't show up.

Last edited:
Classic...NYC leftist elites complaining they can't criticize Eric Adams' policies and accuse him of racism because he is black...

?At least when it was Giuliani, we had a finger to point at him to say: ?He?s racist and this isn?t fair,?? Walker said. ?But how do you do that when the mayor is a Black man??
- Assemblywoman Latrice Walker of Brooklyn

Does anyone not find this hilarious? Someone admitting they can't make merit based arguments and instead just hurl accusations of racism at the opposition - at least when it's a white guy.

Last edited:
Classic...NYC leftist elites complaining that can't criticize Eric Adams' policies and accuse him of racism because he is black...

Does anyone not find this hilarious? Someone admitting they can't make merit based arguments and instead just hurl accusations of racism at the opposition - at least when it's a white guy.

That?s pretty funny

Classic...NYC leftist elites complaining they can't criticize Eric Adams' policies and accuse him of racism because he is black...

Wait, what?

I thought New Yorkers were supposed to have balls.

The Los Angeles Times had zero hesitation, shame nor embarrassment to call Larry Elder a white supremacist and a Trump clone when he was running for governor during the recall.

I?m a little disappointed in those weepy snowflakes.

Wait, what?

I thought New Yorkers were supposed to have balls.

The Los Angeles Times had zero hesitation, shame nor embarrassment to call Larry Elder a white supremacist and a Trump clone when he was running for governor during the recall.

I?m a little disappointed in those weepy snowflakes.

you can do that with conservative black candidates - I think it was the great Michael Eric Dyson who called it "White supremacy by ventriloquist."

I think the fear is that if they start calling Democrats racists, whether they're black or white, people will actually look closer and realize Democrats actually are the party of racism.

Last edited:
you can do that with conservative black candidates - I think it was the great Michael Eric Dyson who called it "Why supremacy by ventriloquist."

I think the fear is that if they start calling Democrats racists, whether they're black or white, people will actually look closer and realize Democrats actually are the party of racism.

I know, right?

That guy got a million of ?em.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qma30UMJjHg

Back