Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

What does a law that isnt enforced until 2035 have anything to do with the energy shortage today? This is why americans are stupid. A bunch of clickbait headlines that have to do with nothing.

The energy crisis today is an indication that CA isn't ready to go all electric and the grid won't be ready for the increased demand in 12 years either.

The fact is gas in CA is $6/gallon for a majority of this year. And you bitches were crying when it was $4/gal whereever youre living.

The fact is you dont need gas to run a car....so why make them.

The fact is gas in not the solution moving forward...cause we wont have enough and it wouldnt make sense to create a bunch of gas powered cars and then have to rely on other countries (like russia) to provide gas to us.

It's definitely not a fact that we won't have enough gas - we have proven oil reserves that will last well past 2035, many lifetimes past 2035. it's also a fact that the grid in CA can barely handle the small percentage of electric cars there today and it will take more than 12 years to upgrade the grid to accommodate the increased demand for power. It's definitely NOT a fact that electric vehicles are the solution.

CA having an energy shortage means something is being mishandled. Most of the people that live here are the ones creating the energy nowadays with our solar panels. if the state needs more energy there's 10 states worth of room in the desert where you can make solar farms. The one next to the NV border has plenty of rooms to add panels to it...yet no one is working on it.

Literally everything in CA is being mishandled - energy, water, education, crime, homelessness, abortion, you name it, CA is mishandling it. It's also not true that no one is working on it, but they're mishandling that too. Solar is nowhere near ready to be a baseload energy source. And to make it such is goign to require some really f'n massive batteries, which are really bad for the environment. CA, like every state should be looking to nuclear for power generation with renewables for peak generation and they should also be considering fuel cell technology for cars but for some reason, every one is pushing for battery technology. Hydrogen can be harvested from the atmosphere without the nasty byproducts of lithium and rate earth metal mining and battery production. The by product of running a hydrogen fuel cell powered car is drinkable water. If these assholes really cared about the environment, they wouldn't be swapping one dirty technology for another.

There's still alot of technological advances that need to happen before 2035 law goes into effect. Many of them are already created... just need to be mass manufactured. Ie quick charging stations. If everyone comes home and only has to charge for 30 mins and then it shuts off... then who cares.

Ps I over-produce $1000s worth of electricity every year. And a lot of solar owners have a battery... making your concern obsolete.

LOL, you say the dumbest shit on this forum. You do realize it takes the same amount of power to charge a car using a quick charge station, right? It's faster because it draws the required power more quickly. If the grid can't handle the demand shock of slow charging, it certainly can't handle the massive demand shock for quick charging even if it's for less time. Idiot.

Last edited:
LOL, you say the dumbest shit on this forum. You do realize it takes the same amount of power to charge a car using a quick charge station, right? It's faster because it draws the required power more quickly. If the grid can't handle the demand shock of slow charging, it certainly can't handle the massive demand shock for quick charging even if it's for less time. Idiot.

If you don't see the upside of getting the car charging done quickly and off the grid... then I can't help you.

If you don't see the upside of getting the car charging done quickly and off the grid... then I can't help you.

You can?t help me. You can?t even help yourself because you?re a moron. The limitation of the grid is its inability to handle large spikes even for short periods of time. If everyone is drawing more power for fast charging that will tax the grid more than everyone drawing the same amount of power over a drawn out period. It?s not that difficult to understand - for people that aren?t you.

You can?t help me. You can?t even help yourself because you?re a moron. The limitation of the grid is its inability to handle large spikes even for short periods of time. If everyone is drawing more power for fast charging that will tax the grid more than everyone drawing the same amount of power over a drawn out period. It?s not that difficult to understand - for people that aren?t you.

actually, for electric cars, it's better to charge them slowly than a quick charge. The manufacturers should put in some software to allow the owner to schedule the charge. Tesla already has it. The small problem is that it takes 8.5 - 14 hours to fully charge, so delaying it a little while really wouldn't significantly help the problem with taxing the grid in CA.

wow, the Republitard posters all became experts on electrical grids and energy policy overnight. really impressive

far from experts. Just trying to help the really stupid people understand some of the basics ;)

Who the really stupid people should be defined. I'd call those stating the grid will be in danger 12 years from now and there will be no technological advances before then to support it....really stupid.

wow, the Republitard posters all became experts on electrical grids and energy policy overnight. really impressive

Funny, you don't make the same criticism of Hughes' claims. I used to trade all the public utilities, generators and distribution companies. I also ran the trading desk and covered the coal sector as an analyst for an industrial fund that had ~30% of assets in the energy space from mining/extraction to refining, pipelines and utlities. I've probably forgotten more about the grid than you dumbasses will ever know.

Last edited:
Who the really stupid people should be defined. I'd call those stating the grid will be in danger 12 years from now and there will be no technological advances before then to support it....really stupid.

because you don't know what you're talking about because you're a dumbass who believes the grid that's been inadequate for decades but hasn't been addressed will suddenly be upgraded because you want green energy and don't want anyone to question your overlords plans even though they never explain how they're going to upgrade the grid and at what cost - kinda like the vaccine you took that not only doesn't work but is actually causing more harm.

Last edited:
actually, for electric cars, it's better to charge them slowly than a quick charge. The manufacturers should put in some software to allow the owner to schedule the charge. Tesla already has it. The small problem is that it takes 8.5 - 14 hours to fully charge, so delaying it a little while really wouldn't significantly help the problem with taxing the grid in CA.

yeah, my understanding is fast charging is harder on the batteries and reduces their useful life. At $10-$30k for replacement batteries, you probably want to extend that lifespan as long as possible, especially considering how bad those things are for the environment - don't want tons and tons of that stuff going into landfills.

Last edited:

Well, somebody better get on it then?because the grid as it is won?t support that pretty optimistic arbitrary target date. Don?t really know how one quantifies the pace of development of undeveloped technology.

Is AOC still in the lab, working on cloning those energy rainbow farting unicorns?

From what I have read, the CA grid needs about $100B in improvements before 2030 to be able to handle the surge in EVs. They will also need 1.12M public charging stations to be built. There is also the fact that there is a battery shortage that isn't supposed to be in balance for 5-10 years due to limited manufacturing capacity. This is most likely going to drive the price of EVs even higher.

Maybe I should put my order in for my $85K Ford Lightning now before the price goes up even more

Well, somebody better get on it then?because the grid as it is won?t support that pretty optimistic arbitrary target date. Don?t really know how one quantifies the pace of development of undeveloped technology.

Is AOC still in the lab, working on cloning those energy rainbow farting unicorns?

and the magic battery farting pixies?

From what I have read, the CA grid needs about $100B in improvements before 2030 to be able to handle the surge in EVs. They will also need 1.12M public charging stations to be built. There is also the fact that there is a battery shortage that isn't supposed to be in balance for 5-10 years due to limited manufacturing capacity. This is most likely going to drive the price of EVs even higher.

Maybe I should put my order in for my $85K Ford Lightning now before the price goes up even more

All the more reasons to ignore alternative technologies like fuel cells - all this and the issue with what to do with all that nasty waste from battery production will be resolved by 2035 - because Hughes said so and if you don't believe it, it's because you're stupid.

I wonder if the current grid can even handle the increased demand for energy from the production of all those batteries, let alone the demand for charging those batteries once they're in service.

Last edited:
You guys are commenting on battery waste and grids being over capacity.... 12 years from now.... when you dont even know what types of batteries they will be using, how they will be charged, and what upgrades to the grid will be in effect by then. Who are the dumb ones?

This argument is making spartan look even dumber than his corona virus thread.

Spartan: "Corona virus doesnt kill anyone"

Everyone: Points to data that shows millions have died.

Spartan: "the data is wrong...SEEEE this 1 person died from cancer not corona."

Also Spartan: "Err meh gawd the vaccine killed 1 person...youre all gonna die."

Last edited:
You guys are commenting on battery waste and grids being over capacity.... 12 years from now.... when you dont even know what types of batteries they will be using, how they will be charged, and what upgrades to the grid will be in effect by then. Who are the dumb ones?

This argument is making spartan look even dumber than his corona virus thread.

Spartan: "Corona virus doesnt kill anyone"

Everyone: Points to data that shows millions have died.

Spartan: "the data is wrong...SEEEE this 1 person died from cancer not corona."

Also Spartan: "Err meh gawd the vaccine killed 1 person...youre all gonna die."

Never once said anything like Corona virus doesn't kill anyone. And here in addition to making up arguments nobody ever made, you're calling people idiots for not knowing what the grid or battery technology will look like in the future. So what is the future of the power grid and battery technology? What evidence do you have that these problems will get solved by then? Because the known evidence indicates these problems aren't likely to get worked out by then.

Someone is looking even dumber in this argument, that's for sure. Here's a hint - it's you.

Last edited:
Never once said anything like Corona virus doesn't kill anyone. And here in addition to making up arguments nobody ever made, you're calling people idiots for not knowing what the grid or battery technology will look like in the future. So what is the future of the power grid and battery technology? What evidence do you have that these problems will get solved by then? Because the known evidence indicates these problems aren't likely to get worked out by then.

Someone is looking even dumber in this argument, that's for sure. Here's a hint - it's you.

https://www.greencars.com/guides/the-future-of-ev-batteries

Not sure why I'm providing this information since you're the self proclaimed expert that apparently doesnt know anything about the future of the industry. Theres a million of these examples... ie solid state, graphite based etc.

The Race for Better EV Batteries

The race for better electric car batteries is being called the next gold rush. There are many new technologies coming soon that may make it easier to own and operate a zero-emission vehicle. The woes of ?range anxiety? and ?long charging times? will soon be a thing of the past as battery packs could soon offer over 400 miles of range between charges that only take a few seconds to charge, and could even provide power to the vehicle over the air.

Last edited:
Back